158 posts
United States of America
lyrics review
needs love, some serious love.
#2October 27th, 2009 · 05:15 PM
1 threads
29 posts
Colombia
Im new to this place as a member but Im been checking it out for a few months.Checking out your profile I find it absurd for you to ask for Lyric reviews when you don't even have out of your 122 post one audio post reviewed..So how is it that your ask for love when you don't give any,kinda selfish in my opinion.Hey but that's just me don't take my word for it.Anyways great way for me to start dont you think(lol),but it seems this site is more about controversy and conflict than participation and teamwork.
#3October 27th, 2009 · 06:16 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
shes posted in lyrics review thousands of times. what are you talking about?

do you mean audio review? lyrics review and audio review are two seperate things. you dont need to upload music if you dont have any but if you have lyrics and like to review lyrics then thats what the lyrics review is for...which she is involved in
#4October 27th, 2009 · 06:32 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Ultravoz wrote…
Im new to this place as a member but Im been checking it out for a few months.Checking out your profile I find it absurd for you to ask for Lyric reviews when you don't even have out of your 122 post one audio post reviewed..So how is it that your ask for love when you don't give any,kinda selfish in my opinion.Hey but that's just me don't take my word for it.Anyways great way for me to start dont you think(lol),but it seems this site is more about controversy and conflict than participation and teamwork.

LOL you only put up one Thread and your giving Fantasy, one of the most talented lyricists on the AMP a hard time. If you was an active member you would probably know that.

I've collaborated with Fantasy and written two songs from her lyrics, she is very much respected here. You on the other hand have started on wrong foot, you have no right to say what you have said, furthermore you have just made yourself look like an ASS.

And she is right, Lyrics don't get reviewed enough, again if you was that active on the AMP you would now that too. It's certainly nothing to do with Controversy & Conflict. Perhaps you may learn something from this, never 'ASSUME' because you make an 'ASS out of U and ME'

BACK ME UP HERE AMPERS!!!!!
#5October 27th, 2009 · 06:49 PM
1 threads
29 posts
Colombia
I guess your both are missing the point or most be idiots...She brings up a point good but valid as it seems lacks honesty and seems univision on her part.Do you guys really think she wrote that for lyricist,I'm sure her intent is to include all participation.As musicians aren't you looking for valuable critiques?Well she's made none is my point as far as audio reviews goes.Do you guys understand?As far as the site I can start in any foot I want as long as I'm not being disrespectful and Im not ,Im just saying it as it is..So say what you will ,it is great that she collaborated with you Den yet she hasn't reviewed any of your work.Humbleness is a great virtue Den but being selfish and self centered is another issue.Kun what are you 10?Get a grip on you emotions kid this is just talk..

Do you really need help from the amp comunitty to validate you point?I stand alone and will still make my point!
#6October 27th, 2009 · 07:24 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Denis wrote…
Ultravoz wrote…

LOL you only put up one Thread and your giving Fantasy, one of the most talented lyricists on the AMP a hard time. If you was an active member you would probably know that.

I've collaborated with Fantasy and written two songs from her lyrics, she is very much respected here. You on the other hand have started on wrong foot, you have no right to say what you have said, furthermore you have just made yourself look like an ASS.

And she is right, Lyrics don't get reviewed enough, again if you was that active on the AMP you would now that too. It's certainly nothing to do with Controversy & Conflict. Perhaps you may learn something from this, never 'ASSUME' because you make an 'ASS out of U and ME'

BACK ME UP HERE AMPERS!!!!!

I couldnt agree with you more Denis!!
And what do you mean "Are you 10? Get a grip kid. Control your emotions!" Your the one talking about being humble and all this crap, and now your insulting me because I replied to your absurd comment?!? I just stated that maybe you misunderstood what we were all about at BandAMP.....if lyrics are her thing, then thats her thing. She hasn't uploaded any music so she is not REQUIRED to review anything in the Audio Review. if lyrics are her thing, then thats her thing. Who are you to come in here and start telling people what to do?
#7October 27th, 2009 · 07:25 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Ultravoz wrote…

I dont know how much we can stress this....Lyric Reviews and Audio Reviews are two seperate things. Your mixing apples and oranges here.

Ultravoz wrote…
I guess your both are missing the point or most be idiots...She brings up a point good but valid as it seems lacks honesty and seems univision on her part.Do you guys really think she wrote that for lyricist,I'm sure her intent is to include all participation.As musicians aren't you looking for valuable critiques?Well she's made none is my point as far as audio reviews goes.Do you guys understand?As far as the site I can start in any foot I want as long as I'm not being disrespectful and Im not ,Im just saying it as it is..So say what you will ,it is great that she collaborated with you Den yet she hasn't reviewed any of your work.Humbleness is a great virtue Den but being selfish and self centered is another issue.Kun what are you 10?Get a grip on you emotions kid this is just talk..

Do you really need help from the amp comunitty to validate you point?I stand alone and will still make my point!

And yes your being very disrespectful...you called us idiots, called me 10, and are giving heavy critiquing to Fantasy who has done nothing wrong. Trying to get people to review different things is something we do here on the AMP to help the community grow....
#8October 27th, 2009 · 07:32 PM
1 threads
29 posts
Colombia
Kun I would suggest you take a break, breath and read what I wrote as none of the things your mentioning are what Im talking about.Your floating in anger and haven't taken a chance to read my point.I hear what your saying but I dont agree with you nor Denis, you on the on the hand haven't even really understood what Im talking about.Sorry cant help your ignorance little one...Back up and read then get back to me.
#9October 27th, 2009 · 08:32 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
I'll step aside from this little talk and try and approach the subject supposedly addressed in this thread. Personally I'm a big fan of the lyrics reviews and when I'm bored often head there and try play around with posts and build a song out of them but it's a lot harder to post comments on those threads without being critical (and often insensitive). If you want my honest opinion (and if you don't you may as well stop reading here), a lot of the lyrics posted here are too personal (and not the least bit subtle) for honest, sensitive criticism. If you want more reviews, write something that lends itself to being reviewed. If I can be assured that I won't offend you personally by attacking your work I'll be more likely to say something which, while likely critical, might actually be useful. Either that or state openly that you want to be torn apart by your critics, and stress it with passionate lyricism (or preferably complete lucidity).

I understand I wasn't directly asked for my opinion but I like the lyrics review and want to see it thrive too. Well there you have it anyways.
#10October 27th, 2009 · 08:32 PM
32 threads
158 posts
United States of America
WOW!
Well hot damn!

Denis and TheKunadiun: Thank you so much for having my back. You guys are the best!

And as for you
Ultravoz:

I am a lyricist. That is what I do. The reason I posted this post in the pit was simply to state that the lyric review needed so attention. I have noticed that songs in the review have only been getting 1 or 2 comments at the most, and some none at all. That was the reason for this post.

I was not only trying to represent myself but other lyricists that post in that forum.  I am in no way "selfish and selfcentered."  I work with a lot of Bandamp members.

In case you dont understand things about BandAmp let me clear them up just a tad bit:

Here at Bandamp we have a collection of different musicians some are talented instrumentally and some are talented lyrically, others are here to offer help in recording, getting started and some are here for sharing knowledge to newcomers. We love to collaborate whether it be through bandamp or by email. We learn from each other.

Some Bandamp members stick to audio, some stick to lyrics, depending on where they are at with thier music or whether its thier personal prefrence. The Pit is the section where we all kind of come together to comment, ask questions...etc. Just so you know.

Denis and I have worked on our collabs through email. He has sent me a lot of his work that way. I email him back as often as I can on his work. I am currently working on one of his songs right now. Its easier for me to download his songs from my email that to wait for them to buffer on here.. Not that I should even have to explain myself on that. Not all collaboration and hearing others work is done on bandamp. Denis even has his own website!

So to conclude, the reason I dont really post in the "audio review" is because I am more on the writer side of things. I work more with words than I do with chords and riffs if you will. So I focas my attention in the lyric review rather than the audio. And as a member of the amp I like to represent my fellow lyric writers.

I have been a member of this site for over 3 years. I had a different screen name before this one. You haven't been here that long, so clearly you dont know how things work around here. If you want anyone to  listen or comment or any kind help from other Ampers at all than I suggest that you start getting on the "right foot" because nobody will want to work with someone who is on the "wrong foot" all the time. If you had posted more on this site than I have then maybe you would have a little ground to stand on however, seeing as how you havent, then you have absolutley no room to talk at all.

So I hope that you get on the "right foot". Im sure that you are talented or have some sort of musical ability or else you wouldnt be here.. Dont spoil your talent and ability with your pigheaded-ness.  Maybe turn all this anger into a song and post it! Thats an idea for ya! I will even comment on it too.

You have about 119 posts and 30 threads before you have the right to say anything about me and my posts.

Oh yeah and Welcome to Bandamp!

Thanks again Denis and TheKunadiun!

Sarah White
#11October 27th, 2009 · 08:34 PM
32 threads
158 posts
United States of America
DTF
I totally understand your view point! Thanks for the comment. Some are personal but I think that if people didnt want them to be reviewed then they wouldnt even post them in the first place.

-Sarah
#12October 27th, 2009 · 08:44 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
That's a point I call into question. While I'm sure people wouldn't post things here if they didn't want people to see them I don't know how many contributors really want both the negative and positive aspects of review.
#13October 27th, 2009 · 09:04 PM
1 threads
29 posts
Colombia
Tx for the welcome ..As far as I know Im nor here for the clickeness you guys have ,there no right way to make an opinion were you accommodate everyone so as a long as Im in no offense to anyone's character Im with a clear consciences.Anyways your still getting of tangent talking about me and newbi and not knowing the amp way.I can spin circles around most musicians here and have no need to prove it.Im here because another well known member recommended me to check it out and I did..Theres a lot of potential but theres a lot of clickiness and backwood thinking shit too and that sucks..Anyways to they point Ill quote your own words.. 
On your own words:
So to conclude, the reason I dont really post in the "audio review"

Thank you ,I rest my case everything else has nothing to do with what I brought up.If you cant understand my point still then you and I speak to different english languages

Dont waist your time on this anymore..

You guys seem to thrive in making people unwelcome when you don't agree, to bad because Im staying so deal with it!
#14October 27th, 2009 · 09:44 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I had lots to say that I had all wrote out, but I decided not to post it because I really cant take this anymore.

Good day and good bye mr ultravoz
#15October 27th, 2009 · 11:47 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
For all of you:

Don't let one person's opinion get you all fired up.
Isn't worth it.

Now relax.
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:07 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.