Where is everyone???
Must be the time of year holidays exams etc, seems very quite on the AMP
Has anyone got anything exciting, funny or interesting to say to FUEL the AMP

Cheers
#2July 18th, 2009 · 05:10 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
not really.. my Band B.O.G. is playing out 4/5 nights a week now .  In between that and teaching guitar plus still taking my classical guitar lessons.. I'm pretty full up.. Not on the computer but just a few minutes for sites... Usually I am using it for learning songs or getting students lessons printed and set up.  I have been doing some writing but not much recording full on stuff.. 

Finally back to making enough money with music that I am no longer working any other kind of job other than just music stuff.

Summertime, most people are outdoors I hope.
#3July 19th, 2009 · 04:13 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
toastedgoat wrote…
not really.. my Band B.O.G. is playing out 4/5 nights a week now .  In between that and teaching guitar plus still taking my classical guitar lessons.. I'm pretty full up.. Not on the computer but just a few minutes for sites... Usually I am using it for learning songs or getting students lessons printed and set up.  I have been doing some writing but not much recording full on stuff.. 

Finally back to making enough money with music that I am no longer working any other kind of job other than just music stuff.

Summertime, most people are outdoors I hope.

Hey Greg,

Nice to hear from you, great that you have sorted yourself out financially, hope you are enjoying yourself, how are the gigs going, are they received well?
Any chance of doing a basic video so we can see you performing?
I assume you mean that you are learning classical guitar, would love to hear you play if you get a chance to record.

I'm off to Turkey for a week on the 10th August with the family, money is tight, but we all need a break, so what the hell I'm gonna enjoy myself, re-charge and get back on it when I get back.

Cheers
#4July 19th, 2009 · 07:09 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Hey Guys...whats up Denis..TG...I'm still around from time to time..Just had surgery on the 8th of July. I'm still recovering. But I'm home...And thats a good thing. I have been working on some music But, not really 100% yet. I have been putting songs on other music sites just to see what happens. Glad to see your doing well and I hope you have a nice time when you and your family go to Turkey, Denis

Good to hear your doing well TG, Denis

Cheers

Ralph
#5July 19th, 2009 · 07:17 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
still here... looking round... drinking coffee and trying to have a great time...
good to see you doing stuff.. liked the last one

Enjoy Turkey and return strong and healthy

Carsten
#6July 19th, 2009 · 09:46 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hey Flyer & TG thanks for posting.

Hopefully some of us will have enough enthusiasm/time to start our Video collab, it's such a mammoth task, but will be awesome, one we can be proud of that's for sure.  I need to get focused, organized, I'll have a few days free around my holiday in August, I must get my but into gear and make it happen.  PX has done a shoot, I think he's the only one, and of course Marino has been working like a trooper as usual providing us backing tracks and tabs, we owe it to him to keep this project alive and for the community spirit.

Cheers all
#7July 19th, 2009 · 06:39 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Yup still here usually get on here in the morning but yeah it seems fairly quiet tho.
Still to get my head around the video collab we've been busy with new releases .
Both Blakhatz and Yokoinc are up on itunes and amazon now .We had the albums mastered and artwork for cds is still happening.Organize mail out bla bla self produce etc etc never ending but I've found a distributer in Japan and we really want to go play there in October.

Hey Ralph hope the recovery is speedy mate eat your greens  and Greg seem like you've found a happy medium .
Always good to catch up with the gang.

greg
#8July 20th, 2009 · 10:10 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I actually check in several times a day. I agree it's quite deserted (cue: sound of wind blowing a tumble weed in an old Clint Eastwood film). It seems the participation typically "waxes and wanes" here.
#9July 20th, 2009 · 02:18 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I think it's something in the cosmos, there are certain times of the year that we get in that sort of can't be bothered routine, or it's basically telling us to CHILL OUT, which is what I've been doing a lot of hasten to add, plus got my holiday to Turkey to look forward to and a have a an over the top CHILL OUT.

Or the Cosmos slows down our brain cells and we just don't have the sparkle we normally have, I suppose even the cosmos has got to have a rest now and then...lol

Nice to see the usual faces logging on, I'm sure things will pick up around here, I'm getting used to it now he he

Cheers AMPERS
#10July 20th, 2009 · 09:37 PM
32 threads
158 posts
United States of America
This summer is just has been a lag. Seems like work work work..... Havent had time to sit and meditate write  or anything sometimes Ill have and occasional spurt of creativity and get on and post. I think for the most part I have been more focased on reading and listening to other Amper's work.

battlecat: IT was so wierd just now....Clint Eastwood's movie Joe Kidd is on in the background  right as im reading that....Wow! lol

Denis,
I havent been neglecting Forever Together....I guess I have terrible writersblock. The music is too awesome. anything I write is never good enough for it. Im wondering how it would go over as a duet..???
let me know what you think about that.

Just drifting in and out,
-Sarah
#11July 21st, 2009 · 02:53 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Fantasy wrote…
This summer is just has been a lag. Seems like work work work..... Havent had time to sit and meditate write  or anything sometimes Ill have and occasional spurt of creativity and get on and post. I think for the most part I have been more focased on reading and listening to other Amper's work.

battlecat: IT was so wierd just now....Clint Eastwood's movie Joe Kidd is on in the background  right as im reading that....Wow! lol

Denis,
I havent been neglecting Forever Together....I guess I have terrible writersblock. The music is too awesome. anything I write is never good enough for it. Im wondering how it would go over as a duet..???
let me know what you think about that.

Just drifting in and out,
-Sarah

You can't push creativity, or it will just come out plastic, no substance, feel, atmosphere etc.  The one thing I have learnt is never stop practicing at what ever your art is.  We all go through changes for what ever reason, sooner or later the creativeness returns and when it does you have to be prepared to bring out the best in us.

I've never doubted your passion for writing songs, in fact it shows that you have set standards, you will know when the time is right.  So I say to you keep reading, listening, relax and let you creativeness unfold fueling your great imagination.  Believe in yourself more and eliminate any inhibitions you may have floating around, I believe you will become a recognized songwriter one day, you have a great gift.

Yeah duet sounds wonderful.

Denis
#12July 21st, 2009 · 02:59 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
strange...ive thought the amp has been more alive than ever. theres tons of new people signing up and posting songs and the lyrics review forum has gotten more traffic than ive ever seen in all my time here at bandamp!

i thought this was busy! 
#13July 21st, 2009 · 04:15 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Hey people!
I've been here in Australia the last five months so didn't have much chance to get stuck in front of a computer screen.
Anyway, I going back to Chile this Saturday.
I'd love to see the Blakhatz and Yokoinc again, but I don't have enough time. Greg, good luck with all your projects - Blakhatz, Elton Jack, Yokoinc - and say hello to the guys and your lovely wife. Hopefully we can meet again... who knows!
Well, hope all the bandampers are doing good, and let's bring this great website to life again cause, yeah, it's been pretty quiet since a long time.
BTW, what happened with that video project? Any chance to participate yet or not?
Regards

> Ish
#14July 21st, 2009 · 10:12 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
Hey people!
I've been here in Australia the last five months so didn't have much chance to get stuck in front of a computer screen.
Anyway, I going back to Chile this Saturday.
I'd love to see the Blakhatz and Yokoinc again, but I don't have enough time. Greg, good luck with all your projects - Blakhatz, Elton Jack, Yokoinc - and say hello to the guys and your lovely wife. Hopefully we can meet again... who knows!
Well, hope all the bandampers are doing good, and let's bring this great website to life again cause, yeah, it's been pretty quiet since a long time.
BTW, what happened with that video project? Any chance to participate yet or not?
Regards

> Ish

Video project is moving very slow, But Marino has done backing tracks and PX has done a shoot
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/7345.html
http://forum.bandamp.com/Announcements/21867.html

Nice to hear from ya
All the best
Denis
#15July 22nd, 2009 · 04:08 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I'm still about too, but just don't feel in the mood after long days at work with a reasonable amount of pressure to get stuff done. 
The band music (rehearsal and few gigs) takes time away from being personally creative too.  But I do log in from time to time( a couple of times a week normally) just to keep up with what's occurring.
I may get more of a chance during August though, as my bass player is getting married on Saturday (we're doing 6 or 7 acoustic songs at the reception) and will be on his honeymoon in Sorrento for a couple of weeks, then the drummer goes away to Teneriffe for 3 weeks!  I've had my holiday, so no time off for me 
So "Hi" to all my fellow Bandampers - keep on grooving.
Cheers
Jim A
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:46 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.