1 2

#1May 27th, 2009 · 01:23 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
People, Start Your Cameras!

Marino has put a backing track together which you must download and use as a guide track to record your part of the video collab to.

Download the track HERE.

Details as to how to proceed are in this thread here.

Even if you didn't originally sign up for the video project, feel free to have a shot at it!

cheers!
#2May 31st, 2009 · 02:35 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Recording
We need a vocal backing track for the backing vocal where we all sing 'Talking 'bout my Generation', to keep it tight, otherwise it's gonna be hit and miss. As for the lead vocal, I think Kings was up for that, if it's just one lead vocal then all will be OK. I think the Lead vocalist in particular should have a BandAMP backing track, in other words leave the lead vocal to last when the rhythm track is down, pretty much how you would record a song anyway.
Plus I assume there will be a lot of rhythm guitarists, we may need a guide track for that too? and even some tabs so we are all playing the same thing. Or when it comes to the editing, we can simply switch from one to the other, but I have doubts whether this is gonna sound OK, simply because we will all have our own interpretation of the song, it depend how much materiel we have.
I was thinking of trying out the Bass, It might be too fast for me...lol particularly the Bass solo

What are your thoughts Ampers?
#3June 4th, 2009 · 11:18 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: Recording
Denis wrote…

There don't seem to be a lot of thoughts around..

Well I've been trying the cajon but MAAAANNN it's hard, I've got to get my focus right, be capable of completely dream the song structure AND play it right aswell. That is going to take weeks of rehearsal!

This weekend I'll try and record vocal tracks, both lead and backing. I think it's perfectly fine to have multiple lead vocalists because we can swap between phrases, everyone who does an instrument should be doing backing vox aswell.

Those are my thoughts at this point. Certainly this project is not going to be finished any time soon!
#4June 4th, 2009 · 02:22 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: Recording
PuppetXeno wrote…
Denis wrote…

There don't seem to be a lot of thoughts around..

Well I've been trying the cajon but MAAAANNN it's hard, I've got to get my focus right, be capable of completely dream the song structure AND play it right aswell. That is going to take weeks of rehearsal!

This weekend I'll try and record vocal tracks, both lead and backing. I think it's perfectly fine to have multiple lead vocalists because we can swap between phrases, everyone who does an instrument should be doing backing vox aswell.

Those are my thoughts at this point. Certainly this project is not going to be finished any time soon!

There does not appear to be any activity in this project at all? It would be nice to know that AMPERs who volunteered for this project are still up for it.  I'm quite old fashioned in that I believe you have to lead by example, so despite us having a great community here, we need somebody to take the lead.
I'm going through another dry patch at the moment, I'm not doing much other than practicing.
As far as the project is concerned, I'm going to listen to the original version enough times so that I know it inside out, then I will attempt the bass first, then the backing vocal, I still think that we need a rough draft of the song using Marinos Bass and organ track.
I will see how things go this weekend.
Cheers
#5June 4th, 2009 · 02:34 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I certainly agree with you, Denis. And this is exactly my homework aswell. Listen listen listen until I can dream every single beat of it. I'm gonna record vocal tracks, audio only, first - because that seems easiest for me and I can do that this weekend.
#6June 5th, 2009 · 12:11 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I still don't know what the heck I am supposed to do for this. no one has assigned anything, and because we are combining the "Come together" parts in it I am not sure what to play. I havent done anything with it so far because of that.
#7June 5th, 2009 · 01:07 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
TheKunadiun wrote…
I still don't know what the heck I am supposed to do for this. no one has assigned anything, and because we are combining the "Come together" parts in it I am not sure what to play. I havent done anything with it so far because of that.

Basically the backing track does not include Come Together, and so far that part is not a concern. It turns out it is extremely hard to fit in because the tempos do not match at all... Let's forget about the Come Together part. Atleast for now.. It is of no concern.

If you want to have anything assigned, then here goes: Please record a rhythm guitar track and backing vocals! There ya go! But, if you can play the drums part, please do that instead!

And anyone else please record whatever YOU want to record. Once we get stuff in, we will look at what's missing and ask specifically for those parts.

Cheers
#8June 5th, 2009 · 06:19 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
I just need to know the timeline...... I am booked through this weekend.... I hope we have at least a week or so to do this???
 Thnx
Fid
#9June 5th, 2009 · 12:43 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Fiddlah wrote…
I just need to know the timeline...... I am booked through this weekend.... I hope we have at least a week or so to do this???
 Thnx
Fid

Don't worry about timeline, take as much you need. Ofcourse we will want to have this completed at some point but there's no hurry! Just try to schedule any work you have for it in as soon as you have time. Give it a bit of priority and it'll be alright!
#10June 10th, 2009 · 11:06 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
SORRY
Sorry all, I still haven't done anything with regards to recording my Video. I was a bit run down, took a couple of days off work and worked on some of my own material and things to chill out and Stuff.
How is everyone getting on?
Perhaps we should create a thread on how we are progressing, or just keep it on this one, it may just inspire us to get this show on the move.
Some amusing stories would be nice??
Ah come to think of it, I've borrowed a wig to do the video [I'm gonna go for the 'MARINO LOOK' [did you see his cool pic in that FL video tutorial, yeah looks like a Rock & Roll legend], I'm gonna put some shades on, grow a little stubble, yeah you won't recognize me, all part of the fun. I think I'll record the song then mime to the video so I can record it anywhere or indeed several places, should make it more interesting anyway.

Cheers
#11June 10th, 2009 · 11:41 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
No need to apologize, Denis! No-one's done any work so far AFAIK, that includes me. I said I would record some draft vocals but didn't get around to it.. Being too knackered after work AND the mixing job I've been doing for the band. Besides I figured I might aswell record videos and the vocals together since there's hardly any extra effort.. But I need the time!

Getting started simply seems the hardest part! I do have a workflow ready for myself, that is very important, now it's just putting down that camera, hooking up the laptop and DOING IT. It's not going to be tonight, oh no, at best it's going to be this weekend, the odds of getting it done are best on saturdays. However I would love to be able to take a day off from work once in a while

Anyway, I have not got a wig, but I do have a hat and some other stuff I might get dressed up in. Haven't figured that part out yet but that is of least concern!

On a technical side, if anyone has the right tabs to this song, please don't hesitate to share.

Cheers 2
#12June 10th, 2009 · 01:34 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
yes please i would love the correct tabs!

also lets all play off of the same tabs so that we are playing the same thing.
#13June 11th, 2009 · 11:56 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Ok so Im with you guys ,as its been pretty crazed over here and Im waiting for a new sound card I will be a bit till i get going with the track but we will for sure..Just wanna stress out that we new it was going to take a bit..everything counts but easy we will do it..Ill get more involved once I resolve some new Pc set up things Im working out..Soon though soon..

Ok so Ill start putting the tabs for reference heres the bass ones so be aware that it was a process to gwet all this done so Ill do the guitars next..Few days ok..Theres 3 different guitar arrangement tabs Ill post them all and you guys play what you want....

See next post for Bass tab!
#14June 12th, 2009 · 12:01 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Bass tab

#15June 12th, 2009 · 12:03 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
More to come
Guitars will be next...
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 10:21 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.