1 2 3

#1October 15th, 2005 · 08:45 AM
2 threads
10 posts
United States of America
No hiphop/rap here?
How come the hiphoppers have not saturated this site as they have other music sites?
I'm new here. I just don't see the hiphop thing going on here, and that's good,
I dont miss it,  I don't see a lot of country either, and I certainly don't miss that either.
I wonder 'sup wit dat'. 

I'm finding mostly rock bands here.  That's a good thing.
#2October 15th, 2005 · 01:19 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
i agree with your estimation of the overwhelmingly large representations for hiphop on the internet in contrast to the reality of the genre distribution in the overal market

though, i notice a large tendency on the part of folks who want a safe answer to say:

"I listen to pretty much everything - except for rap and country"

so, honestly I'm looking forward to when we can hear more hiphop AND country on this forum because i truly DO listen to at least some stuff from all genres and lots of stuff from just a couple of my favorite genres - but I'm certainly not looking forward to having any one genre dominate and saturate the forum - balance is the key

btw, there is some hiphop here - just gotta poke around

anyway, i'm glad you like this forum because of it's overwhelming saturation and bias towards rock bands
#3October 20th, 2005 · 03:32 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
im with billbret on this one ... im utterly sick of hearing hiphop on every forum in the world, so its kinda nice to have one that the plague hasnt reached yet!  maybe im just prejudice against hiphop ... !
#4November 2nd, 2005 · 01:57 AM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
hiphop is a plauge- an onholy, godless, kriistal poppin, booty-shakin tool of SATAN
#5November 5th, 2005 · 08:33 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Well, for one, it's not allowed in the Rules... Unless the Rap has some sort of hand-played instrument, which in most cases it doesnt... normally Rap is just a drum loop. When BandAMP adds style categories (which I'm not sure that will be, currently I'm just working on getting everythign running like normal again...), we will accept more types of music.
#6November 14th, 2005 · 07:37 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Personally, I hate country, and rap should not be considered a type of music at all. leVee is right, it's an unclean disease.
#7April 24th, 2006 · 12:07 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
I disagree. Rap is as much of a musical style as country or rock (or whatever). I mean, there's a pretty honkin big difference between rap not being music, and not liking rap. Music is music is music, and once you try and define it (beyond a form of expression) I'm thinking you're getting in over your head.

this is my opinion...

no offense intended...

towards anyone...

ever...
#8May 10th, 2006 · 03:32 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: No hiphop/rap here?
well its very akin to scratchin your scrotum and then talkin very loud about the experience.

i can definitely live without gangstas tails    
#9May 10th, 2006 · 05:38 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Nice imagery fish-man, I can tell you're a teacher!!
I don't mind rap, when it's got intelligent lyrics and has been put together well - sadly it seems like the genre abounds with nothing but an excuse to be as "in your face" and explicit as possible.
#10May 10th, 2006 · 05:44 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I love the beastie boys
#11May 10th, 2006 · 07:38 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
and Anthrax.

But seriously. A long as Mud accepts the fact that we should disguss this later when he has the time to do something about it anyway. Untill then, maybe the rap should stop. But not forever man. I like it, not as miuch as I like rock but it is music. Like it or not.
But no 50 cent wannabees for god's sakes.
#12May 11th, 2006 · 01:44 PM
17 posts
United States of America
Rap is not music!!!
It may (under a broad, uninformed, or forgiving definition) qualify as loud, obnoxious poetry.

Personally, my music tastes include music that in which I can EASILY understand the lyrics, or simply has no lyrics.
#13May 15th, 2006 · 09:33 AM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
No, whether you like it or not rap is a type of music. I listened to an hour of silence on a CD in one of my Music GCSE classes. It was music. Whether I liked it or not (and I really did not like the fact I had to listen to silence on a CD for an hour and not say a word against it) it was a type of music. Music is expression of the artist. I could fart in to a microphone and record it onto a CD. It would be music....which is funny considering... http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/2363.html.
Anyway, we've been here before and I remember what came afterwards. Wasn't fun and the admins of this site did not apreciate it.
KI
#14May 15th, 2006 · 04:46 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Moses wrote…
No, whether you like it or not rap is a type of music. I listened to an hour of silence on a CD in one of my Music GCSE classes. It was music. Whether I liked it or not (and I really did not like the fact I had to listen to silence on a CD for an hour and not say a word against it) it was a type of music. Music is expression of the artist. I could fart in to a microphone and record it onto a CD. It would be music....which is funny considering... http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/2363.html.
Anyway, we've been here before and I remember what came afterwards. Wasn't fun and the admins of this site did not apreciate it.
KI

Funny that you should mention that particular song in this discussion, and in this context.. as I wrote that song because of another discussion on here http://forum.bandamp.com/Music_Theory/17835.html

I thought, "There is no better way to illustrate what I mean, than to actually record the song"....  and that is how the idea for Flatulence Odair began.. then in a discussion in the chat room, I got more inspired, and brought it to life...   :P

Interesting how this stuff happens... and how it all comes full circle...  I wrote it to illustrate on point, and now somone else is using it to illustrate the same point...  I guess that means I accomplished what I set out to do, and got my point across well...
That is all one could hope for when writing a song....

Thanks!!

Jim K
#15July 16th, 2006 · 04:18 PM
20 threads / 18 songs
93 posts
United Kingdom
....I, personaly, consider my Turntables as musical instruments. I can alter pitch over a full octive and in a tactile sense require the presence of touch of a concert pianist to that of rock guitarist, with a sense of time next to none.....
....add to this that i can also throw clay pots on them and give the mice the ride of their lives....all im trying to say is decks arnt just for christmas...theyre for life. Theyre a little bit of analogue heaven in a world of digatal....sure, all those expensive guitars you buy sound great recorded on your PC's...but they would sound 1000 times better played back on a lovely old piece of plastic....sort of defeats the point dont you think......so im ranting a bit but i must speak...back to the point.
     Saying Hiphop is to decks is like saying guitars are for Christian prayer groups.
My "Bitch's" stand proud next to my other fine musical instruments and deserve recognition beyond the somewhat shallow mindedness of the comments posted, of which i thought was nice (up till now) to be a member of a community which has allways excepted my muse.....and the mice are very upset as well.
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 8th, 2024 · 3:02 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.