1 2 3 4 5

#16December 12th, 2005 · 11:32 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yes well the profile was a weird thing. It turned out my biography was missing completely, as I checked it by visiting my home without being logged in - it just wasn't there. My AIM wasn't either - though I'm dead sure I added that one again after the crash. And now you've made me fill in my gender. I kinda liked it not having to fill that in though... (not that I'm some sort of freak, I just don't think it's very important to have that stressed out so much - I mean my pic should point one or two things out pretty clearly, right? if you zoom in on that you can even see some of the things that frequently occupy my mind )

Oh well... I'm glad you got one or two things working fine again though!

There's another little thing I noticed - members' links (in home pages) with a long description "run off the screen" if you know what I mean... Instead of the description taking up a couple of lines of text, it just goes on and on right off the page and out of the screen... Very weird effect.

and the stars you've recently re-introduced are not functioning suddenly... they were this morning (local time) but now they're not? However they DO seem to work in the mailbox... just sent a message, and in the sent-box the star to that mail was yellow until I had opened it.

yea... and posting in the blog ain't really fetching either.... just posted a new post, you can see for yourself what has happened! It's adding dashes at apostrophes and writes codelike "quote" when using, well, the quotation mark...

and those smilies are still not visible in Opera... but I could swear the chat function was working perfectly from opera for a while yesterday (see the "Christmas lights" post) I dunno what you've changed afterwards?

and pressing the "link" icon (previously "GO!") doesn't take you to the end of the thread when it has more than one page (like this one).

there's one last thing... now listening to songs from the Hall of Fame ( how friggin' cool that The AMP !!!) if I press the downward arrow next to a song title, it's supposed to download right? Hmmm right now it opens a new browser page and starts playbacking the song with some quicktime player... but I want it to download, don't know how to do that, and I'm not going to upgrade to "pro"

Keep it up man, all these new features - what an AWESOME job for just one weekend... but wow you must be drinking a lot of coffee.... The hours you put into this... 
#17December 12th, 2005 · 04:48 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Man, would appriciate you broke you bugs down into posts... It's really overwhelming going through a huge post like this...

(1) The gender is important because there is an icon in the forum which specifies the gender... I really like have in there, kinda like some people saying the country is not important, but I like having the icon there... So requiring it now. Sorry if it bugs you.

(2) Do you mean: http://puppetxeno.bandamp.com/biography.html ? It looks fine to me...

(3) Yeah, I'll work on the stars, was messing around with the script... trying to cut down on database requests, guess it got broken in the process...

(4) You must have put actual quotes into the message? Like windows or mac quotes... you have to use the "blah blah blah" — real quotes wont work, you must use the inch sign. I would have to add some bbcode to get the real quotes working.

(5) Sorry about things not working in other browsers... Would really appiciate it if someone would help me to make everything work on multiple browsers... Entheon was doing that (and the new design he converted for me should all work cross browser) — But he has not had any time latelly. This is probabally something he would be able to fix, however. He's great at making thins work universally.

(6) Yeah... I probably should disable that feature. Currently the flash program I'm using to embed will not accept custom links, however, I emailed them about it, and they said perhaps next version...
#18December 12th, 2005 · 05:25 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
ok sorry I didn't mean to overwhelm...

hey if anything, I'm only trying to help out the best I can. I cannot code because I'm not patient with computers... I'd love to learn one day, but I just don't have the time for it. We all have our own expertise...

on 2) well I added it again. but apparently it somehow went lost one day... perhaps it's been lost for very long, not sure. anyways I tried the profile edit and it worked so...

on 4) no, I really used the " (calling that quotation mark, because it's commonly used as - it didn't occur to me to call it an inch mark. any way, posting in blogs, it screws up when using these symbols: ' " ) like "it's" turns out looking like "it/'s" and the inch sign will do something flimsy, showing code.

so well ok... if I come across more bugs, I'll post them seperately... but I mean the best, like always.

and ofcourse that gender stuff don't bug me. why should it? 'was just sum chit chat.
ok cya...
#19December 12th, 2005 · 05:44 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Sorry for coming off sounding a little rude, I really do appriciate your helping me. It's invaluable, especially since no one else seems to be reporting things that *should* work right... which is important. I'm just feeling a little bad today cause my back hurts, and I feel like I've not been getting enough done lately — I've got a few other projects other than BandAMP that need some serious attention... So anyways, thanks for reporting this stuff.
#20December 12th, 2005 · 06:41 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
The "last page" thing should be working fine now...
#21December 12th, 2005 · 07:01 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Stars should now work in the forum...
#22December 12th, 2005 · 07:11 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
About the blogs, was just looking into that, and tested typing "quotes" on your blog post, with quotes, this is the results: http://puppetxeno.bandamp.com/blog/13228.html — So seems to be working for me as of right now, perhaps give it another try? Would be strange if it was an operating system dependant problem...
#23December 12th, 2005 · 10:22 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Just updated the photo album, there was a little glitch in the paths of the files.

Check it out here — http://puppetxeno.bandamp.com/album.html

——————

I think that is everything? I know there were a few browser specific errors (or javascript)... but I'm not going to mess with those right now. Think everything in the past two pages are finished though, lemme know.
#24December 13th, 2005 · 01:56 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
ok, from FireFox the last page thing works fine..

as does seem everything else...

but now I can't post in my blog at all, I just tried a couple of times, both from Opera and Firefox, but after I press "post" it just resets to my member page, showing only the blogs that were already there... I tried opening the existing blog posts, where your test post is visible, but there are no new entries... Ofcourse, to test, I wrote posts using ' and ", but also without them, no luck.

that's probably the last thing I can think of now. bc I did actively search for bugs lately... so super thanks for all your work, but please take it easy... "not getting enough done" oh wow... have tea instead of coffee

thanks,
cya!
#25December 13th, 2005 · 01:58 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Was just working on the blog stuff as you were trying to post.

Try it again now, was fixing some errors that were coming up...

I really should have a development + production setup, but havent gotten around to it.
#26December 13th, 2005 · 02:01 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
nope, still not working, just tested after I read your post...

hey I gtg... to work

cya...
#27December 13th, 2005 · 02:36 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Aight, sorry about that, figured it out for real this time.

Should work now 
#28December 13th, 2005 · 04:17 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
from the job
okay, posting to the blog is back up I see!

The  ' turning into ' bug is gone,
but the inch mark bug still there. posting now in IE, from the job. but I don't think that makes a difference...

anyways I gather other things are work in progress...

once again there are no words to accurately describe your infinite coolness, mud

just don't get overworked or som'n'

regards,
PX
#29December 13th, 2005 · 06:51 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
I think that javascript problem may have been fixed as well... Found a newer PNG fix for IE online...

Hopefully it doesn't come up with the same errors.
#30December 13th, 2005 · 11:37 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Strange mail notifications
I get notifications of new messages, but then when I look at my inbox there is nothing new in there! Phantom messages?
1 2 3 4 5

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:55 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.