1 2 3 4 5

#1November 21st, 2005 · 04:09 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Any Bugs? However small...
Has anyone noticed any small bugs in the system that have not been squashed? I just found two new bugs today, just stumbled upon them, and then fixed them. I'm sure some of you have done the same without reporting — it is very important that you report any problems you may find! 
#2November 23rd, 2005 · 11:25 AM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
Hi Mud,

...well since you ask - although this is probably not going to affect many people...

I always get a runtime error msg coming up when I open a Forum contents page, and then again when I open a document:

Line: 413
Error: 'alphaPNGfiles' is undefined.

I am using Internet Explorer v6.0 & I leave JavaScript debugging active ('cos I work in IT) so I probably get msgs that other people don't. Clicking 'No' to the debug prompt then just loads the page / doc etc. as normal.

...definately Low Priority

P.S. doesn't happen on the Audio Review page if that's any help.
#3November 23rd, 2005 · 12:05 PM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
Oh yes I nearly forgot. The Alt text on the flags no longer appears since u changed the graphics. So I'm going to have to revert to being a geographical moron. I was getting quite good too
#4November 23rd, 2005 · 04:47 PM
8 threads / 3 songs
102 posts
United Kingdom
A little thing????
Hi mud, i haven't logged on in quite a while as i don't have much access at the moment, when i browsed the members i noticed my name was no longer on the listings... Obviously i still have an account to be sending this message, i just dont seem to be on the browse lists any more...

Cheers

Dave
#5November 24th, 2005 · 10:25 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
JavaScript Errors
I frequently get Javascript errors when browsing the site. For example, on this page:

Line: 414
Char: 2
Error: 'alphaPNGfiles' is undefined
Code: 0
URL: http://forum.bandamp.com/Questions/12138.html

By browser is Microsoft Internet Explorer 6

Doesn't seem to spoil the BandAmp experience though!!
#6November 24th, 2005 · 11:22 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
re: A little thing????
dcspoonman wrote…
Hi mud, i haven't logged on in quite a while as i don't have much access at the moment, when i browsed the members i noticed my name was no longer on the listings... Obviously i still have an account to be sending this message, i just dont seem to be on the browse lists any more...

Cheers

Dave :D

I´m seeing you on this page...
#7November 24th, 2005 · 11:25 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
re: JavaScript Errors
Daeljan wrote…
I frequently get Javascript errors when browsing the site. For example, on this page:

Line: 414
Char: 2
Error: 'alphaPNGfiles' is undefined
Code: 0
URL: http://forum.bandamp.com/Questions/12138.html

By browser is Microsoft Internet Explorer 6

Doesn't seem to spoil the BandAmp experience though!!

Hmm... alright, I believe that is a javascript program that entheon wrote to make PNGs do alphatranparencies in Internet Explorer. I´ll look into that, however, really have no idea how to work with javascript. BTW, going to be gone for a few days in the mountains. There will be no internet access.

I´m noticing a lot of other javascript errors in IE as well (using a PC at an Internet Cafe)
#8November 29th, 2005 · 02:59 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Yeah, I really have no clue how to fix the Internet Explorer Javascript issues... is there anyone on BandAMP who has Javascript experience that wouldn't mind donating a little of their time to help me out? Again, I have never programmed in javascript before... I only know PHP + PostgreSQL. Also, I do not use Windows or Internet Explorer... so really hard for me to even mess around to try to get it to work right...

So to recap: Would anyone be willing to help fix the Javascript?
#9November 29th, 2005 · 03:02 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
arroseuk wrote…
Oh yes I nearly forgot. The Alt text on the flags no longer appears since u changed the graphics. So I'm going to have to revert to being a geographical moron. I was getting quite good too :)

Hmm.. I switched it from alt on the image to title on the url, because the alt would not work in Firefox... Anyways, now there is alt on the image, and title on the url, so should work both in Firefox + Internet Explorer... They really should start standardizing these browsers more, it's really annoying.

So it work now? I would not want to inhibit your geographical education...
#10November 29th, 2005 · 03:41 PM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
Flag alt text
Works a treat ! I'm back on for my geography degree! Thx Mud!
P.S. did u get my reply to admin@... re JavaScript ?
#11November 30th, 2005 · 08:27 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
re: Flag alt text
arroseuk wrote…
Works a treat ! I'm back on for my geography degree! Thx Mud!
P.S. did u get my reply to admin@... re JavaScript ?

nope... erm... lol, I guess that email does not forward to my email account — I will look into that... but for now, just send me a PM, and I will get back to you. It's probably going to suck for me once the admin is forwarding to my email account (lots of spam).
#12December 11th, 2005 · 01:03 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
A few bugs
Like I haven't noticed you've been busy adding stuff to this site lately...

but I think a few bugs crept in while you were doing so...

one thing is, I'm not getting email notifications when there's new critiques to my songs etc. anymore -
another thing I've seen is the number of songs that come with a member's name isn't updated, so some new guys have uploaded songs, but that won't show up siding their picture, and I'm stuck with 13 while it should be 14

and then a little thing... I checked the profile edit screen, to see what my bio was again... but it didn't show my existing bio in the edit screen and STILL showing the wrong last name, while I'm sure I've edited that one out a couple of times already. Plus, my IM client fields were blank aswell. and I'm sure I filled in the AOL one.

and I have a few pictures uploaded (3), of which only the last one is instantly visible when I go to "My Album". When I click the empty space where another picture should be, that picture does show up though, so I think there's something wrong with the way they are resized to thumbnail size or something.

all not so important things I know... although I read that TessCrazy has suffered problems trying to upload songs which now appear to must be atleast 1 minute... I can only guess why... much less important is that the and smileys don't show up in Opera...

but well, you asked for "no matter how small" so...

keep it up mud, you're doing great work.
#13December 11th, 2005 · 01:13 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Great, now I'm put on Bug Patrol again

Oh well, it was bound to happen.

Hope you guys are enjoying the new features.
#14December 12th, 2005 · 03:03 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
re: A few bugs
PuppetXeno wrote…
one thing is, I'm not getting email notifications when there's new critiques to my songs etc. anymore -

Ok, this should work now... Will work on the rest of the list in a minute here.
#15December 12th, 2005 · 05:33 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
re: A few bugs
PuppetXeno wrote…
another thing I've seen is the number of songs that come with a member's name isn't updated, so some new guys have uploaded songs, but that won't show up siding their picture, and I'm stuck with 13 while it should be 14

Think it should work fine now...

PuppetXeno wrote…
and then a little thing... I checked the profile edit screen, to see what my bio was again... but it didn't show my existing bio in the edit screen and STILL showing the wrong last name, while I'm sure I've edited that one out a couple of times already. Plus, my IM client fields were blank aswell. and I'm sure I filled in the AOL one.

http://mud.bandamp.com/biography.html

This works for me, perhaps I fixed it?

PuppetXeno wrote…
and I have a few pictures uploaded (3), of which only the last one is instantly visible when I go to "My Album". When I click the empty space where another picture should be, that picture does show up though, so I think there's something wrong with the way they are resized to thumbnail size or something.

hmm... interesting, I'll look into this...

PuppetXeno wrote…
all not so important things I know... although I read that TessCrazy has suffered problems trying to upload songs which now appear to must be atleast 1 minute... I can only guess why... much less important is that the and smileys don't show up in Opera...

Also should be fixed.
1 2 3 4 5

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.