#1December 28th, 2015 · 05:59 AM
21 threads / 12 songs
504 posts
Japan
Lupin The Third

This song is not in a battle

Happy New Year Ampers.
Our offering is a take on the Theme from 1970s Japanese anime Lupin the third. Many versions of this milestone of music which is so  seriously good .Humbling  yes but with nod to Ennio Morricone and some badlands choppy funk we tried.  Best for all

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 28th, 2015 · 10:38 AM
369 threads / 187 songs
3,327 posts
United Kingdom
I love the sound of the Drums - what are you using, the snare in particular is lovely.
It reminds me of me a bit....this is right up my street.
Late seventies early eighties vibe I would say.
#3December 28th, 2015 · 06:15 PM
21 threads / 12 songs
504 posts
Japan
Hi Dennis thankyou & Happy new Year . Am a sucker for those old juicy snares , just found it in the monster bank of snares on an old HD , it always is the most time consuming finding the best one for he application.Used the brass from my old logic program but as usual just play double up live sax in to fatten & dirty them up a bit.I did try whistling the melody to really give it the Morricone touch but ended up with more air than whistle ....sigh .
#4December 29th, 2015 · 04:01 PM
369 threads / 187 songs
3,327 posts
United Kingdom
yokoinc wrote…
Hi Dennis thankyou & Happy new Year . Am a sucker for those old juicy snares , just found it in the monster bank of snares on an old HD , it always is the most time consuming finding the best one for he application.Used the brass from my old logic program but as usual just play double up live sax in to fatten & dirty them up a bit.I did try whistling the melody to really give it the Morricone touch but ended up with more air than whistle ....sigh .
Great find then on your old HD. So how did you record the drums, did you tap them from your midi keyboard, or something else.
Best wishes to you,  Yoko and your families.
#5December 30th, 2015 · 01:16 PM
116 threads / 26 songs
1,366 posts
United States of America
Really well put together.  The changing instruments keeps it interesting to the ear the whole way through!

The Lupin III series has had a lot of quiet life to it over the years.  Your version definitely fits right in.  Too bad about the whistling not panning out, but everything else is jamming quite nicely.
#6December 30th, 2015 · 07:42 PM
116 threads / 54 songs
1,531 posts
Chile
That was really cool and groovie! The drums and bass are killing it. The MIDI brass section kinda ruins it but well... it's not like one can just go to the corner and get one to record with.
The arrangements are just spot on. I don't know the original but this one sound great enough for me.
Best wishes to you, Yoko and the Hatz (are you guys still playing?)!

> Iz
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 30th, 2017 · 10:47 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.