1 2 3 4 5

#46November 5th, 2005 · 04:58 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
United Kingdom
You are really shaking it up! 

Keep up the performance to the max, you are going for acme.
#47December 28th, 2005 · 02:40 PM
96 posts
United States of America
okay - it isn't bad ( obviously, you got 14th in august )
i would say its a little sloppy - don't get me wrong, you have some skill here sometimes your voice just sounds sour, only for a moment here and there.
i love the progression.
#48December 29th, 2005 · 06:08 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
9 posts
Spain
So well
I like the groove of the guitar & the voice.
#49June 5th, 2006 · 01:12 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
chords
hehe, i'm not sure if there's a place to post stuff like this on the forum or not.. i've been so removed from bandamp recently, so ... anyway, here it is (i think)

i have no guitar within 100 miles of me, so i'm trying to remember this from 8 months ago when i last played the song.  and the rythm is pretty wacky, so you'll have to listen closely to the music, because it'll be impossible to denote the rhythm just by typing it out

(standard tuning, all strings 1/2 step flat)

the intro is the same as the chorus:

(the -> means slide up to the next number quickly)
(an X means to either mute that string, or somehow NOT hit it)

X   X   5   2 -> 3   0
X   3   5   2 -> 3   3
2   0   0   0        2
0   2   4   1 -> 2   0
2   0   0   0        0
0   0   0   0        0

then the verse.  the verse is in three parts.  each part is a mutation of the last.  all three parts start and end with the same position

in addition, the beginning of each verse (there's only two verses in the song right now) there's a slight lead into the three parts.  so, here's the lead:

X   X  
X   X  
X   4  
2   2  
2   0  
0   0  

k, so now here's part 1:

X   X   X   X   X   X
X   X   X   X   X   X
X   X   X   X   X   X
5   X   X   X   0   2
3   3   5   2   3   3
0   3   5   0   X   X

note: the last positions, go back and forth a few times, so listen to the music.. hopefully you can catch it.  neither one is played very long.

part 2

X   X   X   X   X   X   X
5   X   X   X   X   0   2
3   3   2   3   2   3   3
0   3   0   3   0   X   X

part 3

X   X   X   X   X   X
X   X   X   X   X   X
X   X   X   X   X   X
5   X   X   X   0   2
3   3   3   2   3   3
0   3   0   0   X   X

note: the 4th position on part 3 is held for a long time, with lots of strumming, and THEN goes into the last two positions like normal.

how's that?  if you've got any questions, it may be best to simply listen to the song over and over again   it's terribly hard to explain it with words :P

best of luck to you!
#50November 10th, 2006 · 12:08 PM
31 posts
Canada
Really nice song, reminds me of Dashboard confessional, or something like that. The only thing i could point out to modify is the vocals during the chorus( over and over...same team), should sing it with  more power, think it would sound nice. Anyways awesome song, really like it.
#51November 26th, 2006 · 01:09 PM
1 posts
United Kingdom
Lovely song...I'm just not keen on the arrangement.
The lyrics are wonderful and I like the chord structure but I'd like to hear a version with a few more instruments behind it.
I appreciate that you were hurrying 'to get it all in' (as it says in the lyrics) but it ends up sounding a little like you were desperate to get to the end. When rushed the lyrics lose a lot of their meaning and that's a massive thing for this song.
I love the fact that you aren't scared of writing lines (lyrically) of different lengths, and don't fall into the cliches of every line in a song having to have the same melody.
Overall though...nice song man
#52December 22nd, 2006 · 02:12 AM
91 threads
73 posts
United States of America
that was awsome! it was fast, good rythem, and a good tune. nice job
#53July 5th, 2007 · 08:13 PM
1 threads
9 posts
United States of America
*lurves* I really love this! fab!
#54April 4th, 2010 · 08:50 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: Actually...
Actually.........Happy Birthday matey!
A long time a no see Tim .....
Hope it's all A1 with you these days.

#55April 4th, 2010 · 08:19 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
dood.. happy birthday! wondering wherever you went.. a busy life?

hope its a good one.. cheers!
#56April 4th, 2010 · 08:44 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TLS (and many, many more to come)
#57April 4th, 2010 · 09:12 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
That's one amazing birthday cake icon next to my name

I'm still alive, but I've not been gone for laziness!  My new job is pretty interesting... the guys in charge are idea machines, and they keep my free time to a pretty small fraction of my week!  I still have my trusty guitar, and one of these days I'll probably post some new ideas that I recorded a few months back.  They're still kind of rough, but as always, I'm hopeful!

Thanks everyone!
#58April 4th, 2011 · 10:06 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
How have you been ? .... Where have you been ?
A Very Happy Birthday in any case.
Hope you and yours are well .... you know, we could really do with your site 'update' , what became of it ? 
#59April 4th, 2011 · 12:25 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Thanks!  I think I average one post to this song per birthday.  Notice that my last note here is for that same reason

I noticed the announcement thread about the server situation.  I had spent a lot of time trying to rethink BandAMP as a service, but I think the best thing to do is recreate the site as it exists right now and get a clean start, where the code is readable and people can actually contribute to the site itself.

I'm quitting my job in about 6 weeks, and my school semester will be over by then.  I hope to get my head back into the site update.  I salute everyone for staying with BandAMP for so long, and caring so much for it.  I'll be more than happy to contribute back to the site.  I can postpone some of my other projects for a cause like that.
#60April 4th, 2011 · 02:01 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Tim! my plan worked .... so your not that far away.
I had actually noticed indeed that your last activity on bandAMP was this time last year .... Well here's a welcome back then !
Good to know your still kicking around.
So you know the latest news then, whether a complete update of the site is needed I dont know though some would say starting from scratch would be better. But I do know that some of the ideas you had for the update are nearly a necessity for bandAMP to develop.

Try and make it in a few more times before your next birthday !  
Maybe you could keep an eye open for any 'developments' here on the site and let us know what you think.
1 2 3 4 5

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:54 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.