#1October 16th, 2009 · 12:31 AM
129 threads / 33 songs
1,412 posts
United States of America
Rupture (actual recording, not just mic'd)

This song is not in a battle

Here is round two.  I like it, though I'll be the first to admit that I feel like my second recordings always lose something that the first one had.  I tried hard not to settle over something less.  I think there are still a couple of dodgy vocal notes in there.

I've been wrestling with some infuriating destructive clicks and pops through my (trashy) sound card lately.  You can really tell on some parts, and I apologize.  I won't be able to really fix that until I go through my next computer-buying phase

At any rate, it's the exact same song, just "recorded" this time, instead of just mic'd.

I'm curious what anybody might have to say about the EQ.  Between my tiny ear-bud headphones and my thumping subwoofer on the computer, I found it kind of hard to get the various parts of the EQ in the best spot possible.

I really ought to change the strings on the guitar soon..  hmm... and i don't think i tuned it before recording this time around..!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 16th, 2009 · 05:23 PM
51 threads / 33 songs
292 posts
Canada
This song had a great quality to it - I can totally imagine this being a hit performance... Do you have a band you can record this with?

0:37 was a bit weird on the chord, but maybe that was the effect - the vocals sound great!

0:54 totally reminded me of one of those Brit-pop bands, like The Hoosiers.

Regarding the recording issues you mentioned, I didn't hear any pops at all (there was this one part where a small tapping noise went in time with the song, but that's about it). No, the vocals aren't dodgy, because that's exaggerating it - they're really good, but even so, watch out for the pitch issues sometimes. It's a common error that most singers make during quiet or high notes. Finally, the EQ is fine. This song seems like an acoustic version that was based off of another song (that's what it sounds like, not saying there is a song like this out there).

All in all, it was a very nice song.

Well done!

--XFactor--
#3October 16th, 2009 · 05:34 PM
129 threads / 33 songs
1,412 posts
United States of America
You know, listening to it again, I feel like the guitar has compression in the wrong area.  It feels like it pumps a too much in a few areas.

Thanks for the review.  About the full band question, I would like to get something together, but having just moved to Arizona, I have not yet developed any contacts here.  I will be looking, though.  I'd love to go that direction with a few of my songs.

I feel like I'm always writing songs as if it were a full band, although I'm writing for a solo acoustic guitar.  Consequently, lots of my stuff gets crowded and very busy.  It's my natural compensation for not having a drum track or bass or anything

Again, thanks!
#4October 16th, 2009 · 08:00 PM
157 threads / 11 songs
2,294 posts
United Kingdom
re: Rupture (actual recording, not just mic'd)
ITS INTELLIGENT STUFF!!!!

ROLLING BUSKER SOUND............

Standing on a corner .........Fish.......  
#5October 17th, 2009 · 12:04 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,358 posts
United Kingdom
The quality is better, I can only hear some pops towards the end.
The EQ is fine.
Yep, I mentioned about performing the song with a band on the first upload, wish you luck with that.
No excuse for not tuning the guitar and changing your strings.
But it does sound in tune, I think you got away with it.

Cheers

Denis
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: January 23rd, 2018 · 2:36 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.