1 2 3 4
#46February 23rd, 2008 · 07:27 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
LeisureClass wrote…
Great sound - I enjoy the Nails-esque feel of the song. Maybe a few random smacks on a tin garbage-can lid could have added some intensity, but overall, great.

The lyrics are uninspired. They're good for a song you wrote in 3 hours, but they are mega-cheesy. Unless you're in high school, in which case get your mom to put those up on the fridge and then go enroll in some kind of english or poetry class ASAP.

Every line doesn't have to rhyme with every other one. But, the vocals were so poorly mixed I couldn't hear them, so that was good.

I think you think that song-writing is easy because all you have to do is rhyme. If that is the case, maybe you should find someone that actually has something to say to write your lyrics. In the mean time go have a life experience and write something about it.

PS: if you are under the age of 20 start writing every day. If you are over 20, get a life.

PS I'm 31. Im my early 20's I studied writing (a study combining prose, poetry, journalism and various other forms of creative writing), I wrote over 600 songs (with lyrics) and I've been through quite a lot things in life (I have one, thanks for pointing that out) (in fact I may have several lives at once) and I really don't care about lyrics being cheesy or not. Point is that they are generic, easily accessible, work for the song, yet at the same time have more depth than you appear to think they have. I'm just being very straight to the point with these lyrics. If I have to explain all about the psychological mechanisms behind the line "find you a loving, or find you a hell, the best way of discovering, is shit I can't tell" it would boggle your mind so much, it may leave you confused for years to come and possibly induce a very bad migraine. Best Keep It Simple....

Besides, I don't care to go all sissy and emotional about life experiences where the best bet in life simply always is to GET OVER IT and move on. That's why I'm being short and to the point in the summary of the failed relationships. Anyway, i do not expect you to understand this, but atleast it should be obvious that I do know what and how to write, and the fact that you can't hear the lyrics that well could be due to a crappy audio installation, or you being a cloth-eared nincompoop, or simply because I always mix vocals this way, using them as a supportive instrument adding to the overall groove instead of making them hover over the song as a lead track, claiming all the attention, while the message, and yes you did get that part right, isn't that important at all.

About the rhyming: I deliberately used this for this song, but if you take the time to listen to my other tracks, you may find that I'm not as conventional a song writer at all. (can i recommend this one?). And yes I do regard song writing easy. Plenty of life experience to delve from... And gaining more every day.

Cheers... :P
#47February 23rd, 2008 · 09:58 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Reality
I've been there....
and it was good

saying this only to point the discussion to a new direction haha
#48February 23rd, 2008 · 06:37 PM
28 threads / 28 songs
95 posts
United States of America
Very cool man. I wish I had your engineering skills. All stuff sounds thin and poopy.......

Great job!!
#49March 21st, 2008 · 06:00 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
Eej...great to see (hear)youre back!(musicly) Got inspired by your new project?
it does..doesnt it? PUP , realy like this new track..sounds fresh.
maybe you could remaster it with some louder drums?

See you soon

Grain
#50March 22nd, 2008 · 12:32 AM
2 threads
49 posts
Ireland
Cracking job!
Me like this. . . . . . . . a lot!!!!
#51March 22nd, 2008 · 03:41 AM
8 posts
United States of America
Nice Music with thumping kicking bass...
I like the music... with do not like the sound quality of the music.  The vocals do not sing a melody that I like.  I like the thumping bass kick beat this music has.  Great job on the music creation... nice sound selection.  JamesLimborg.com
#52March 22nd, 2008 · 07:37 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
thanks guys!

@grainshifter: better read the date mark, this track was uploaded nearly two years ago!

but, thanks for your comments. and yes I did introduce this track to the band, so we might be playing this at some point.

@cosmo: thanks! your comment really makes my day

@JamesLimborg: thanks! I know my style (or should I say: perspective) of production isn't for everybody, what I try is to make something "kicking" with the limited resources that I choose. If I wanted to, I could spend days weeks and months on producing a single song, and make something absolutely slick and sweet. But that's not my style and definately wouldn't satisfy my creative urges. I like to spend no more than a few hours - at best a whole day - recording a single song (and maybe another few hours to make a master mix) and especially songs like these, recorded on my excess-gear (mostly analog) attic, is likely to sound lo-fi when I'm finished with it. So it sounds cracking and full of pops and noise but that's just part of charm of my music and true also, I do not focus on creating melodies and solo parts and such, it's just slam bam whack and there ya have it I'm glad you can enjoy it still!
#53December 7th, 2008 · 07:16 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
Great song Tom,..
#54December 7th, 2008 · 08:17 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I cant believe I haven't commented on this song.....I've listened to it loads!! 
Love it, just an excellent PX song, dark rough cynical and cool
Really love your guitar sound as usual, I do think , like TK, that the vocal is too clear....lol I never thought I'd say that ! It could come forwards a step and be slightly wider with a touch more JAMC grunge and electricity to it.
#55December 7th, 2008 · 12:28 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
30 posts
Netherlands
Very good and Super Tof....

Great sound and awesome vocals.
1 2 3 4
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:25 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.