1 2 3 4

#1March 28th, 2006 · 04:45 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Atticboy
Score: 84.8%
Battle: 2006-04

Atticboy wrote and recorded this tune today in 3 1/2 hours... On analog equipment in... the attic... where daylight never reaches... and everything is cramped....

Well... it was a thrilling experience going through that old workflow again... Methinks I be doing that again quite soon...

must say, I'm still shakin' ...

"Find you a lovin', or find you a hell -
the best way of discoverin' - is shit I can't tell"

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 28th, 2006 · 05:24 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
i love that guitar sound! and your vocals are so different from what you normally do!  I love it!!!!!!! great... Very dynamic.
#3March 28th, 2006 · 05:24 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
VERY NICE!!!!!

Dude... this is great...  I love the vocals......and the style....

very dirty and raw....  amazing.....

UBER COOL....

Jim "the chef" K
#4March 28th, 2006 · 05:50 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
loved that where did that come from!!!!!????
did i miss the guitar solo .....hint
#5March 28th, 2006 · 11:12 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
lol... i think is one of ur best tracks... liking the vocals as well 2 thumbs up
#6March 29th, 2006 · 05:41 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Wow Puppet... this is great!

The guitar chops are a nice touch
The whole song has a nice atmospheric feeling.
The drums are spot on
Recording quality is very good
                      .............................  And I can hear the vocals!
#7March 29th, 2006 · 11:21 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
lyrics
well no-one asked about the lyrics, but posting them anyway

umm and ofcourse: thanks guys well I'm a little rusty, have been slacking my music making lately, but I ran into my box of "esotherics"(Tarot decks, rune stones, the Celtic Book of the Dead and some other stuff... anyone got a wooden Ouija board for sale?? still looking for one... ) and it immediately inspired me to take a trip back in time and create an all new song on all old equipment. Drums may be "spot on", mr. Jiminuk -  but they are a Roland tr-606... ye oldes analog critter... seems to do the job though

ok...

yeah I thought that I got away
from all the rules of a sorry game
but now I'm locked to another chain
spinning down seems the only way

well I won't do what the naggers say
feeding life on a hungry pay
shorting out for a better way
I got a taste for the bitter rain

I got pain, in my brain
a screw loose, this is not my day
I got it hanging BAD again
and everytime - it's all the same

I wanna get out but I don't know where to stay
if everytime I refuse to play
slumping down into the grey
seeking comfort... is not the way!

find you loving
    or find you a hell
    the best way of discovering,
    is shit I can't tell!

a truce, that's for you - - - - (Mary)
        to lose, that's for you - - - - (Megs)
        can't choose, that's for you - - - - (Denise)
        too loose, that's for you - - - - (Tiffany)
        no way back to you - - - - (Jenny)
        run away far from you - - - - (Marge)
        too late - answer you!! - - - - (Alice)
        I regret all of you!

find you loving
    or find you a hell
    the best way of discovering,
    is shit I can't tell!
2x

*names have been altered... discretely
#8March 29th, 2006 · 12:19 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Not only the 'usual' respect here for the song on itself,

but real thrills and chills here

Need I say more?

Yes: singin is great, lyrics too ( recognisable )

maybe guitarsounds could be eq-ed more differently for my taste, dont think so cause you chose m this way, just thought it could be nice

Need I say more?

Yes: singing is great !            

Max
#9March 29th, 2006 · 01:36 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
werwe
thanks for the lyrics. imo the vocals are too "clear". not that dirty as the song is. Music is cool. Like it anyway.
#10March 29th, 2006 · 02:13 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
okay...first...I got to take a breath. You guys from the Netherlands are blowing me away today. Okay...as I gather myself...here goes....the Drums are irresistibly pounding, that rhythm guitar is angry...chopping...the tempo is furious...the chords are ascending...the vocals are impassioned...and haunting at the same time. The delay effects contribute to a feeling of emotional isolation and "containment" as if the singer was locked into a dungeon of some type. The song tends to build in intensity...like an African-American Church Spiritual...but this is clearly NOT church! As I listen, I find my emotions escalating in intensity. I find myself playing it so loud my neighbors are knocking on the door. I get goose flesh as I listen to this...To me, this song BEGS for performance....I imagine the singer belting this out...flinging himself around the stage...the crowd  is electrified...delivered into a kind of frantic, sweaty, collective pulse. Reading the lyrics raises the hairs on the back of my neck (very personal...very impassioned...I have never seen anything like them...particularly the litany of references to the names of women). This song is artistically courageous..and powerful. In short I love it! Now...it seems to me that a song is considered good (IMHO) when the first comments you have is not the musicianship, or the mix, or the effects, etc. And initially these elements were transparent (to me). The first thing that struck me was the "in your face" emotionality of the song. After I recovered from that..(on subsequent listens) I notice the musicianship (those crisp guitar chords), those flawlessly programmed drums, the usage of effects (the delay I already mentioned... but I also am impressed by the "warm...crunchy" quality of the guitar) and the vocals, which are inspired. Whew...so after a brief "breather"..I'm diving back in for another listen!
#11March 29th, 2006 · 03:11 PM
3 posts
Qatar
Wow man! Been listening for a while,never posted though,but simply had to this time...
This is good stuff!
If you'd only add a horn section...
Naaah you really out-performed yourself,dude!
Write some more,put it on a CD,and i'll buy it.
I'm waiting...
#12March 29th, 2006 · 03:41 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
The vocals come out clear that's very good.Also i like chord progression starting at approx 2.40,...and the beat is good i mean :great!
But perhaps when you add a penetrating snare to the beat then ??

#13March 29th, 2006 · 05:04 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Atticboy
one of your best............................full of visual action............to me........i can see a band blasting this one out.......................

i caught the lyrics this time in the mix........

hey man stay in the attic............GIMP ROCK....

could use a horn from the devil?

splash
#14March 30th, 2006 · 02:51 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
As promised.., the technical review

That warm analogue sound is great, the fact that there are no cymbals adds to that maybe too but anyway i like it!
structure as usual is fine, youre so experienced you dont make any mistakes there anymore, at least i never heard

What i said earlier about guitars i need to specify: they are all of the same kind of sound so i thought to eq them different to eachother, cause the sound on itself is great,
love that background melody at 1:55 !
What happens in  the end in the background is a bit 'vague' to me, given the time you used, i can understand that, but i think i could be worked out to another part, there is room for some melody earlier too i.m.o.  just a slight melodic touch..

Vocals could be even more upfront maybe with a little bit of compression or leveling

A 'Well done really in your face Mix' to me, those guitars rock, good riffs, singing is earcatching, bass and drums simple but very effective, what does a man/woman/musician/listener need more?
MaxdB
#15March 30th, 2006 · 03:29 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
fast and furious
wow this is one of the best songs in this place,

stay in the attic, we can send you food and water, try to stay by 40 days (months or years). take your time and give us more songs.

congratulations man!

I really like this one, is fast and furious
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 9:32 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.