1 2 3 4

#31May 30th, 2006 · 01:30 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
101 posts
United States of America
atticboy
Infectious. Just thinking of that movie where they stuck some kind of worm in the guy's ear for some reason-was it one of the Star Trek movies? Anyways, that main rhythm isn't coming out of there anytime soon. It's an 8 out of 10, and "it's got a good beat and you can dance to it!"

I don't own anything like this, I don't think!   My collection is very classic rock-oriented. Mostly "singer" songs. It's what I does.

I think I want to hear something more from the singer. Dunno know what yet. Use less air. That's it, the vocalist is wasting air. When you use all of it, you will be so stong, you won't need the PA! Maybe try fuller breaths, but not holding your breath to make the phrase on one breath. Release the air in your lungs slower, so it doesn't sound gasping. It took me six plays to figure that out, so I doubt the average Joe would even notice that. The recording is real pleasant to hear, in spite of the distortion, which I normally don't like, under normal circumstances.

Add a scream icon for each time I had to go ALL the way back up and replay a song I was really enjoying, but's over too soon. Good drinking song, tho.

What are the words? Tell you whut, my subs are  heating up and vibrating the floor! A  bit of compression to even out the volume attenuation of the vocals would be killer.

Ok, so here I am in my mind, (during the third play of atticboy out of six or so) with an ex at Exit this Chicago punk/goth club. He's a dead ringer for Tommy Lee, incidentally. And this song is on the Pa, life is grand, nice little groove I'm moving along with and then BLIP! ABRUPT END!  NOT GOOD. I wanted it longer, myself. Don't like non-fade.

I LIKE your song quite a bit, but it's over too soon...5-6 minutes, maybe. If you put in a drastic key change or timing change, you could go back to that catchy 5-chord (?)  riff and even longer, maybe 7 minutes. But I still like it a great deal as is.
#32May 30th, 2006 · 04:36 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
but ....  heeeyyy... hmmmm

hmm well about the singing thing, I might try that, a useful suggestion, though I did sing this the way I did it purposely... but be my guest, and listen to some of my other songs where I sing differently, maybe you have some other useful comments about how to use my voice in different way... ?

and..

hehehe.. over too soon you say ?

keeps you longing for more then

anyways I might be creating an extended club edit out of this... I am inspired... thanks
#33August 12th, 2006 · 07:54 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
37 posts
Slovenia
Cool!
It's very nice. I like the bass and the vocals. =) The recording quality is also very good.
#34November 15th, 2006 · 08:51 AM
31 posts
Canada
Nice, the song has a nice feel to it, the type of song that i would love to see/hear at concert. Awesome work man!
#35November 15th, 2006 · 09:23 AM
66 threads / 66 songs
153 posts
Italy
great vocals
#36November 15th, 2006 · 03:43 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I've been there. Really!!!
#37November 15th, 2006 · 04:13 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
I've been there. Really!!!

LOL, tell me about it!

This song is about to be played LIVE, btw, come next sunday!

So, come next sunday !
#38December 28th, 2006 · 11:27 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
13 posts
Sweden
: )
great! : D
#39February 5th, 2007 · 01:47 PM
1 threads
4 posts
United Kingdom
Catchy Introduction
#40February 5th, 2007 · 04:23 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
now I have to go through your backlog
WOW  this is real cool I likes it alot.  the vocals are great love the guitar parts and the percussion is stomping. tempo is just right  and i read the lyrics they're good too. marge must have been a wacko lol.
 well now I have to go through all your backlog of songs on here cause with little jems like these in there it's gonna be worth it.  high vote from me
                                                                Greg TheGoat
#41February 5th, 2007 · 06:23 PM
373 posts
China
nice that someone brought this one back up...
totally agree with everyone...
good energy, good mix and sung well...
rawk on brother!
#42February 22nd, 2008 · 11:36 AM
12 threads / 12 songs
89 posts
Canada
atticboy
Sounds nice and heavy and angry. I like the verses and the writing of them but the chorus words could be abit differently written in my view. Did you record this in your attic? I like that! Keep up the creativity man!...jgv
#43February 22nd, 2008 · 05:00 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: atticboy
josephgvincent wrote…
Sounds nice and heavy and angry. I like the verses and the writing of them but the chorus words could be abit differently written in my view. Did you record this in your attic? I like that! Keep up the creativity man!...jgv

thanks and yes, I did record this in my attic. I don't know how I shouldve written the text (any part of it) differently. mostly I write lyrics that fit the music, whilst writing the music to fit a lyrical concept. Kinda works both ways ... this surely is one of the songs that's being used in the new band I'm playing in... I might upload a live version as soon as it becomes available.

cheers
#44February 22nd, 2008 · 08:50 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
9 posts
United States of America
Great sound - I enjoy the Nails-esque feel of the song. Maybe a few random smacks on a tin garbage-can lid could have added some intensity, but overall, great.

The lyrics are uninspired. They're good for a song you wrote in 3 hours, but they are mega-cheesy. Unless you're in high school, in which case GREAT JOB!!!!

Every line doesn't have to rhyme with every other one. But, the vocals were so poorly mixed I couldn't hear them, so that was good.

I think you think that song-writing is easy because all you have to do is rhyme. If that is the case, maybe you should find someone that actually has something to say to write your lyrics. In the mean time try to have a life experience and write something about it. GREAT JOB!!!!

GREAT JOB!!!!
#45February 22nd, 2008 · 09:17 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
United States of America
Love the sound of this recording overall.  It  really reminds me of some of old Jeff Buckley demos from his My Sweetheart the Drunk sessions.  The crunch of the guitar, the driving pulse, very high energy.  Very nice.
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 10:01 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.