1 2 3 4 5

#46January 18th, 2006 · 04:06 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
I'm a big fan of tiny variations; just a note or two changing every other time or so. It's quite a different style.
sweet voice, BTW
#47January 22nd, 2006 · 03:02 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Holy shit? You're very good, both the guitar part, and the singing--they both come out blended well. It sounds great!
#48January 29th, 2006 · 04:58 PM
10 posts
Romania
First time on this sit when I hear a second voice on vocals. the backing vocal was great, I haven't noticed the linearity of the guitar either because of the beauty of the vocals! Eva Cassidy reborn!
#49March 11th, 2006 · 02:56 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
54 posts
United States of America
awesome. it's nice to see another girl on here 
#50March 11th, 2006 · 03:48 PM
21 posts
United States of America
The vocals have good harmonies. That's probably what can really hurt my ears the most is two chick parts clashing against each other. Well done.
#51March 11th, 2006 · 09:25 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
19 posts
United States of America
light
this song does sound up lifting. simple and job well done.
#52March 11th, 2006 · 10:08 PM
6 posts
Canada
MEH
Not trying to be negative.  I didn't like the song.  I'm not saying its bad its just not my taste.  To soft, to slow and no "it" factor.
#53March 29th, 2006 · 06:27 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
Very nice indeed,... though try to work on the steadiness's in your guitar.
I mean:try to put it more in the metronome Did you record it with a click-track?? otherwise  try to make the guitar sound more "steady. Did you write it in a six measure beat??,...try to be aware of that of course.But overall:i like it very much good job and:Good luck to you.
#54March 29th, 2006 · 06:48 PM
14 threads / 7 songs
72 posts
United States of America
I really like this tune. Keep playing with it, you have a good line on getting the intimate feeling. The guitar sounds fine, using your fingers instead of pick is a good way to get a soft feeling.
When you are singing, how far are you from the mike? Is it a large or a small condenser? For an intimate sound, I like a large condenser at a close distance, how close is something specific to the mike and the sound you want.

Try separating the guitar into multiple tracks and using different effects on each. I have found that blending them makes it sound like one guitar with an effect level somewhere between the actual tracks; it seems to even them out and make them sound fuller.

I have lousy speaker on my system, so I can't really say anything about the recording quality, but it sounded very nice. Excellent songwriting as well. Keep up the good work!
#55May 8th, 2006 · 02:54 PM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
lots of noise in this one, personal opinion on guitar - i think you should use a pick, use a thin plectrum (guage .5 thats what i use for rhythm). very nice vocals and harmonies. just waiting for big guitar bit where evrything comes in where you come out of your headvoice. but its nice all the while
#56May 17th, 2006 · 02:34 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
17 posts
United Kingdom
great voice, but im sure iv heard that backing guitar in another song somewhere?!?!
#57June 4th, 2006 · 07:56 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Nice voice. Nice soft sound. Has a falling in love kind of sensation. Something that might have figured in before Sunrise or Before Sunset. The recording is awesome. The chorus is awesome. The reverb is fine.

And as has been repeated by many people already, love the vocals.
#58June 7th, 2006 · 03:18 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Why is this your only song on here?  This is lovely.  I would really like to hear more of your work.
#59July 20th, 2006 · 02:50 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice
When I hear a song like this, it makes me happy to have joined Bandamp...this is such a beautiful song...I like the lyrics...and your voice is really amazing..The harmony's are really good also...Now If I could only find a girl who would write a song like that  Just for me.. I think I would be the happiest Man alive
Very good song

Ralph
#60August 21st, 2006 · 08:04 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
I can see two options for this song:

1. It's absolutely beautiful and soft as it is. You can just keep it as it is.

2. Experiment with a drastically different kind of cut in. Listen to February Stars by Foo Fighters. They slowly start flowing into a rock beat, and then switch over to an electric and it gets very cool. I know I sound like a guy who doesn't get the soft stuff, but I do, I just thing it would be cool to hear an alternative version.
1 2 3 4 5

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:52 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.