#1July 10th, 2006 · 11:20 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
SPAM! ( no really )
so.. i'm just making a suggestion to everyone, ie, campaigning for attention. 

Along with reviewing songs, please review the lyrics pages too, you bunch of loverly coconuts.  lots of people try really hard, so take the time to sort through lyrics and find what you can help with!

and for you all who write music but can't write lyrics all that well, maybe you can find something in the lyrics review section.  maybe you can strike up a duo-made song.  (ie, don't steal the lyrics, but rather, make the song together.)

you want good music?  then help us people make our lyrics better before we put them to a recording this is your chance to screen what gets made into music (to an extent).

merci, au revoir, mes chers

XO, TonightsLastSong
#2July 10th, 2006 · 01:28 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
re: SPAM! ( no really )
TonightsLastSong wrote…
so.. i'm just making a suggestion to everyone, ie, campaigning for attention. 

Along with reviewing songs, please review the lyrics pages too, you bunch of loverly coconuts.  lots of people try really hard, so take the time to sort through lyrics and find what you can help with!

and for you all who write music but can't write lyrics all that well, maybe you can find something in the lyrics review section.  maybe you can strike up a duo-made song.  (ie, don't steal the lyrics, but rather, make the song together.)

you want good music?  then help us people make our lyrics better before we put them to a recording this is your chance to screen what gets made into music (to an extent).

merci, au revoir, mes chers

XO, TonightsLastSong

I concur..

Just think, Collaboration Central....  There is much fun and freindships to be made by working together musically...  I feel that it also helps bridge gaps in your own playing and writing, by causing you to break from your comfort zone a bit, and working a song from another angle, with someone elses material, that may not be in your style... 

For Instance, one such song to go from Lyric Review to Audio Review is Frogmorton Duff The lyrics were written by Jiminuk, but I, while perusing one fine day, happened across them, and thought I would love to hear them come to life, and with his blessing, It is here for all to hear... 

So good luck, and have fun!!
                    Jim K
#3July 11th, 2006 · 03:34 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Damn right TonightLS and JimK.......... I like the "Collaboration Central" reference.  There are loads of decent lyrics posted on the lyrics forum - many of them crying out for music.
Even if they're not needing music (Frogmorton Duff wasn't, but I just haven't got around to recording it yet ) it's pretty damn interesting for the writer to hear other people's musical interpretation based simply on words on the screen.

For example (if you've not already done so) check out the lyrics to Lady Liberty (http://forum.bandamp.com/Lyrics_Review/16790.html )  by Porcelain Doll, and then listen to Alerion's musical interpretation ( http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/2066.html ).

By the way, the words to Frogmorton Duff are here: http://forum.bandamp.com/Lyrics_Review/22372.html

Now I must go and review a few lyrics..............
#4September 23rd, 2006 · 06:26 AM
8 threads / 2 songs
47 posts
India
yeah lyrics should be reviewed........
they work hard...
including me!!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 12:32 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.