#1June 19th, 2006 · 02:05 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Frogmorton Duff
Score: 79.3%
Battle: 2006-07

Well,

I was thinking of waiting, and posting this later, but I thought better to post this one now, and then later post another one completely different...

These are lyrics, posted by Mr Jim Ac (JiminUK) my good freind, who has given me his blessing on this project..

Although let it be known, this is NOT  what he had in mind..

This is a totally different song than he had in mind...

Enjoy...

Jim K

p.s.   This is NOT a noodle.... and I had to add some to make it a meg.. so relax, and enjoy...

p.s. Now entered into July Battle.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 19th, 2006 · 02:36 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
0.00  - 0.20        Great intro!

0.21  - 3.00        You're welcome... I did enjoy it!...  Although I have some trouble understaning ALL the words because of the echo, this song required so much imagination of you that it makes me a bit jealous.  Simple (no doubt this one is constructed in a simple way) songs are sometimes the most difficult to write and you have proved that you can do it effortlessly.

3.01  - Onwards GREAT outro.... but then...... omg.... baaaad booooyy you are 

Rated this one at 90% (and I am not being nice because you' re my friend!)
#3June 19th, 2006 · 07:37 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Great lyrics!!

Jim this has come out really well - you're quite right, it's not what  I intended when it was  written...... that being said, you've captured the slightly quirky feel of it, which is great.

Some "iffy" bits of vocal phrasing in there, but only because I know what I had in mind.  Some nice vocal effects used.
Guitar riff is pretty neat, and the drums are great.

Well done on this

So, it'll be a few weeks before my version is ready to be posted.  I'll have to find time to record it first!

#4June 19th, 2006 · 09:42 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
the noises in the end part sound a bit familiar...

as for song: nice job... nice way of doing it... not at all what I expected it to become after hearing the preview you sent me, or what I thought it could become after reading the lyrics.

Anyway, nice one, I like how you say "frogmorton duff" in the end, and the intro/outtro s are great too!
#5June 21st, 2006 · 12:07 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Thanks....
This was alot of fun... because the lyrics are quirky, but actually quite cool....

and ever since Jim put them on here, I wanted to hear it play.. and I kept coming up with different versions in my head.. this is way more punk/alternative/whatever genre you wanna call it than I had even though of... but it seems I have been slowly sliding that way in my song writing lately....  don't know why...  anyway, thanks again... and if anyone wants to know the lyrics, they are here in lyrics review..
  http://forum.bandamp.com/Lyrics_Review/22372.html

Jim K
#6June 21st, 2006 · 12:21 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
man   if this isnt Frank Zappa material    nothing is    good work jim...great mix...

Ralph
#7June 21st, 2006 · 12:37 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
JULY BATTLE
THIS HAS BEEN ENTERED in the JULY battle... so please VOTE VOTE VOTE..

Thank you....

With your votes, I know WE can win...  A vote for me is a vote for your family, your music, your dreams..  VOTE VOTE VOTE

Thank you...

My name is Jim K and I approved this message
#8June 22nd, 2006 · 12:37 AM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
its quiyte different..

its realy good...

yes the voice could be improved by removing the echo..

but no problem...coz maybe it is the thing that adds character to it!!!!

great intro..
#9June 22nd, 2006 · 06:35 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
This is psycho and weird!
Vox sounds great with that effect.
I can't classify this in any style. This is the one and only JimK style.
Good work here, dude!

> Iszil
#10June 22nd, 2006 · 07:07 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
He he, I love the way you intorduce the song It's a nice touch(do you do that with many?
Very alternative. Vox sounds a bit unstable to me at times but I'm guessing they're suppose to be that way....possibly.
Lyrics are cool, song sucks though Just kidding, loved it all.
Your welcome, yes, i did enjoy it.
90% me thinks.
I agree with the Frank Zappa materiel comment by Flyer.
Don't really have much else to say other than I likes these lyrics and was so unsure of how they were going to turn out in a song. You pulled it off well.
C yas,
KI
#11July 1st, 2006 · 09:06 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
FLYER7747 wrote…
man   if this isnt Frank Zappa material    nothing is    good work jim...great mix...

Ralph

THANKS!!  Frank Zappa? Cool....  Zappa rocks.....

Hypnosia wrote…
its quiyte different..

its realy good...

yes the voice could be improved by removing the echo..

but no problem...coz maybe it is the thing that adds character to it!!!!

great intro..

Yeah, I originally had done it without the echo, but with the quirkiness of the lyrics, I wanted something to bring it out... and this seemed to work well.....

Iszil wrote…
This is psycho and weird!
Vox sounds great with that effect.
I can't classify this in any style. This is the one and only JimK style.
Good work here, dude!

> Iszil

COOL! Perhaps I will have my very own style.... Maybe I can get it to become a legitamite style...  like grunge, or punk... you know? Q: What kind of music does your band do?  A: We are really into Jimk style... but we mix it up a bit with some Isz and thedrummer likes to toss in some PX appeal every now and then... :-)

Moses wrote…
He he, I love the way you intorduce the song It's a nice touch(do you do that with many?
Actually, not really.. I have a few I have some intro's too, butnothing quite like this... I have decided this is something I may want to do every now and then... 
Moses wrote…
Very alternative. Vox sounds a bit unstable to me at times but I'm guessing they're suppose to be that way....possibly.
Actually, it is because I suck as a vocalist... I can't Sayng...
Moses wrote…
Lyrics are cool, song sucks though Just kidding, loved it all.
Your welcome, yes, i did enjoy it.
90% me thinks.
WOW... cool! Thanks again!
Moses wrote…
I agree with the Frank Zappa materiel comment by Flyer.
Don't really have much else to say other than I likes these lyrics and was so unsure of how they were going to turn out in a song. You pulled it off well.
C yas,
KI
Thank you... 

Jim K
#12July 1st, 2006 · 03:11 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
its worth to listen to it a second time, hehe
#13July 4th, 2006 · 01:12 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
BTW

I had missed it, but when I posted this song, it was my 666th post!!

How appropriate...  Interesting...

Jim K
#14July 16th, 2006 · 11:28 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
cool song Jims
This is a real cool song, I liked the panned talk vox and i like the echo'd effect.
the secret is ?  I really like what you've done ffrom 3:38 on till the end   around 5:00 it gets real interesting ha ha.
#15July 19th, 2006 · 07:43 PM
26 threads
86 posts
United States of America
Wow this song was kinda fun to listen to, very unique. Recording quality wasn't particularly optimal, but I think you made up for it with the neat effects. I like those drums too, they fit just right behind the mix.

The intros/outros were awesome too ("I don't wanna hear it!!!") but ... the loud beeps ... ahhhh my poor ears
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 10:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.