1 2

#1January 22nd, 2008 · 04:46 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
The Bandamp BAND
I was thinking that we had lots of collab but could it be possible to create an online band?
Maybe some of you would be interested in such a project?
let us know what you think
#2January 22nd, 2008 · 12:43 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
I'm down.
#3January 22nd, 2008 · 06:03 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
And I'm up for it!
#4January 22nd, 2008 · 06:23 PM
7 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
#5January 23rd, 2008 · 06:30 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
ok so so far we have a singer and a guitarist I don't mind playing bass so now we need keyboard, second guitar, drum, percussions etc...
but that's a start
#6January 23rd, 2008 · 06:43 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I can't commit to full blown project but I can help here and there with Bass Drums guitars and whatever else..Oh yeah i don't sing so almost what ever else...
#7January 23rd, 2008 · 12:47 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
Great idea Vince!

maybe the band needs a staff and I could be one of the roadies, lol

I'll be glad to be a part of the project, I play the bass and sometimes I sing some chorus

what's the starting plan??

cheers dodo

PS I think Kings is too old to be in the band, but...  we need some gossips around the band, start with a fight don't sounds bad. hehehe
#8January 23rd, 2008 · 02:43 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea I'm ancient !    

MooMooMooo! lol

But a good question as to a strategy Dodo.
#9January 23rd, 2008 · 11:13 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
long-lived
If we want to be the next long-lived band over the Rolling Stones we need to put some limits,

Kings is in the Third Age, and he went to the school with Keith Richards

Vince, I'll wait for your answer

cheers

dodo
#10January 24th, 2008 · 02:53 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
It's not fair : there's me having already made a special attachment for my zimmer frame to hold the mic.
#11January 24th, 2008 · 06:47 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
Ok when I thought of that band idea I didn't plan all the details but how could we start?
well I think that one way to do it would be that if you got an idea for a song you post your part and submit it to the others and they would add there bits to it if they think it's worth it?
as I started with the idea I should come out with the first thing I guess
I've got a new song I'm working on at the moment but I will try to record the general idea later today and post it The song is called "over you" http://forum.bandamp.com/Lyrics_Review/5530.html">[url]http://forum.bandamp.com/Lyrics_Review/5530.html[/url]
if some of you("band members") want to add to the lyrics feel free
then will take it from there
Well at least that's how I see it at the moment but any other ideas are welcome as this band should be a democracy
#12January 24th, 2008 · 02:43 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
if appropriate, you could draw on a few resources in the form of people.. various voices, for instance.  I haven't got tons of time on my hand anymore, but being involved with something like this may not take up quite the same amount of time as trying to write out a song completely by one's self.

I could offer some keyboard and/or vocal support, if needed.

i can see how this could get messy if everybody tries to take charge of the song all at once.  vincentL, you're pretty much the ring leader on this first song, and I'm sure we all recognize that, but I think it ought to be said for everyone's sake that there's going to have to be some single person to make decisions about content if there are various conflicting ideas.  it's totally possible that such a thing won't have to come up, but it's a good reflex mechanism to have in place if the need arises.

i read the lyrics on that post of yours, vincent, and I like it!  Not too bad

(ps.. it might be a good idea for there to be one standard mix of the song's progress that everybody ought to be using, if multiple parts are being experimented with simultaneously.. ie, someone doing bass and someone doing keys.. they ought to be on the "same page" to avoid a goofy sounding final mix of contrasting musical ideas.)
#13February 26th, 2008 · 07:39 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
sorry guys I left this threat unattended for too long but I've been really busy lately
I still believe that the idea is good and would really like it to take it further
I was even dreaming of virtual characters like in Gorilla after watching a video clip that swordfish did a while ago
I've just put some new lyrics on the forum if it's of any interest
#14February 26th, 2008 · 10:32 PM
51 threads / 31 songs
114 posts
United States of America
Might a recommend that someone start with the drums and some instrument with the chords on it first.  That way you have some timing and some reference to what's going on. Then make a thread with that file and some instructions you could get this thing started.  After that if each member submitted a track to you containing only what they wish to add you could effectively mix it on whatever software you are using.  This sounds like an interesting idea but I don't know if I'd fit in anywhere or not.
#15March 18th, 2008 · 06:10 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
here is the "skeleton" of a song that might be a good start for the "band"
let me know if any of you are interested
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/6188.html#id8446
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 10:06 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.