1 2
#16March 18th, 2008 · 04:32 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: The Bandamp BAND
im up fer it for trombone and orchestra............

mp3 swaps over skype best for me

fish
#17March 19th, 2008 · 12:20 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
I think it's a great project song!  It'd be really neat to get several people in on it, even if their contributions are small.  My only applicable skill for this one might be some minor vocal accompanyment, something light and easy to mesh into the background of the sound
#18March 21st, 2008 · 05:16 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
so do I need to rerecord it or can I send the mp3 as it stand and people add up their bit
being a bit clueless on the tech side of things I'm afraid you gonna have to talk me through it
#19March 21st, 2008 · 11:30 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
no worries...

it'll be a great idea to have some "version control", where there's a single version that any 2 (or more) people are working on.  You could gather the email addresses of those involved, and send an email attachment to all of the people working on parts.

each person should record their part into a separate file (solo, all by itself), and then email/whatever to the one in charge of mixing together the final product.  Any redo's of parts can easily be substituted into the final mix by the person doing the mixing, as long as each person keeps their part(s) in an mp3 all by itself.

Vincent, do you have the project file still?  The best thing will be to save the music into one mp3 file, and the voice into another, so that they're separate.  Then, you can send those 2 files to the one guy who's doing the final mix.  For everyone else, we can just download the version you've posted on the site.

If you don't have the project file still, then what you ought to do is re-record the music as an mp3, and then make a separate mp3 for the voice.

is that manageable?  If anybody has more questions, then they can post them here, Vince included   I've never thought too much about how to do a largescale collab before!  It might get a little difficult sometimes, to keep everybody on the same page, but we can give it a shot!
#20March 21st, 2008 · 11:31 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
oh, by the way, my email's on my profile page, the end of the first paragraph
#21March 21st, 2008 · 10:19 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I will rerecord the guitar part and stick to a tempo(click) this time and the vocal on a different track and send them to whoever is interested
I'm pretty rubbish at the tech side of recording so someone else would have to deal with the mixing I'm affraid
TLS I'll send it to you in the next few days hopefully and for the rest of you PM me your Email address
#22March 21st, 2008 · 11:47 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
sounds good-- i don't mind trying to handle that end of it.  It's easier for me to do the tech side sometimes, since I'm living in a noisy, non-friendly recording environment :P

Good idea about the click track   always a good thing, especially for a project like this!
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 5:01 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.