here's the first take (as usual) on a new song
the recording is pretty basic and rough so far but I will work on it later
let me know what you think

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 11th, 2008 · 01:45 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
The song has a pretty good mix. Nice vocals. They are nice and clear. This has a classic sound to it. That's a good thing I would say. This is really nice Vince. Good work my friend

Flyer

will rate
#3March 11th, 2008 · 01:48 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
This has a very Vince meets DePeche Mode feel to it,which I like :]
The vocals are stunning and I love the lyrics man.
My new favorite from you
The guitar is very crisp which adds a lot of emotion to this song,and your vocals also implement a lot of emotions also.
Love this!
Will rate
#4March 11th, 2008 · 02:54 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The vox and vocal melody are really nice Vincent. Would have been nice if you posted the lyrics.

I think you should add some harmonies in the chorus and if you can after a minute or so bring in some drums, plus raise the dynamics. just my opinion, but I'm sure it would add colour to the song.

As it stands, you have made a great start, nice to see you writing again.

Cheers

Denis
#5March 11th, 2008 · 10:04 PM
#6March 11th, 2008 · 10:21 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Im really liking this ,sounds a bit pop rock in the beginning but as you keep going it takes a whole different color...Very much a hit to my ears...great melody writer you are!!The ssss sound get a bit sharp on my headphones!!But still a good over all recording!
#7March 12th, 2008 · 03:54 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
fantastic melody.  The music really compliments the vocal.  You've got a really good songwriting ability, and a great command of the language.  Your melodies combined with your lyrics (all of them, though particularly these ones) really convey the mood with accurate precision.

there aren't many instrumental breaks in the composition right now.  It's simple, and I think it's perfect that way.  This is what I imagine for this song:  It would be really neat to have an full rhythm guitar add itself to the music at 2:41.  It could be a part played with the higher strings accented, so that it doesn't clash with what you already have written.  The vocals could either get more "excited" (if that makes sense) and a bit louder, maybe even a little higher, too.  (or, alternatively, you could try adding a second voice on top of the music along with the extra guitar at 2:41.)  I think it would give the song a great adrenaline-based feeling, as if you are spending your time explaining the atmosphere via the lyrics for a few minutes, but then you really find the emotion and sing out for that last chorus and the "over youooooooo" parts.

The last chord is nice, but I think that a different one might feel like a cleaner exit.  The chord is at the same as your final vocal note, so it doesn't really create a harmonic compliment that the rest of the song has.  I'm extremely bad with official chords, so I can't really suggest anything specific... Sorry :P

A great song!  This, along with your Turn to Grey song are my favourites from you so far!  (Your other work is also fantastic, though it doesn't fit my style as much as this one and Turn to Grey do.)

Excellent mood   Great potential!
Tim
#8March 14th, 2008 · 08:13 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I've played that song with a drummer the other night and electric guitar and it sounded ok I think it's the direction to take
#9March 14th, 2008 · 05:22 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: over you
very nice .................

i can imagine this with the band ..........and it works

fish
#10March 18th, 2008 · 06:05 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I agree with you fish this song needs a full band
That's why I thought it could be and idea for the Band amp band maybe
I will put a link on the band thread and see if anyone is interested
Thanks for all the comments anyway
#11March 18th, 2008 · 07:17 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
dont have much too add, 
         agree its a fine song
                 and u having a very good voice
                             agree a band version would be great

just wanted to let u know 
#12March 20th, 2008 · 06:06 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Good performance and good composition.

Vocals are good as well.

I like the chord progression.
#13March 21st, 2008 · 05:40 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I'm trying to get some people interested in a collab on that song
if anyone is up for it let me know
#14March 25th, 2008 · 09:57 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
the song is in next month battle please vote (for me and the other songs) as we all want the battle to work again
#15March 29th, 2008 · 12:35 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
thouht drums would set in at 1:08
no drums?
really no drums??????

oh sad!!!!!! 

work on the vocals. You can record them separate from other instruments. sounds like you are singing while you are playing guitar.... not good...
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 29th, 2024 · 9:40 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.