1 2
#16January 20th, 2008 · 11:50 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Avi : More support than I can put into words, excellent thread ! 
Flyer just to put in my bit about the collab , the Jim I collabed with on Freely and all those other tracks of mine lives in Australia and wouldn't talk to me even if I lived next door! lol , he's had a huff with me for not returning an e-mail within 24 hours! God, guitarists! what a bunch of emotional wankers !!!

Anyway Avi with all due respect there's literally TONES of VERY good music to suit every genre of podCast you want right here on bandAmp that will not be put forward as choices because the artists / members are just not around now / any more ??

I think an answer / first step would be to make it possible to categorize members playlists, once you've done that many ideas for the development of bandAmp, if that's the idea, can be realised a lot quicker.
BandAmp is a gold mine of amazing music but you cant do shit with it in one big pot! You need to know what you have before you can work with it.
I think that if members could create their own categories of playlist the true magic would come out, it might be about the battles for some but eventually it's about the spoils of war !!!
Once you have a page consisting of textual links, you can do any thing you like with it, like turn it into an M3U file, which you can use for endless ideas on a music site. Or you can go around collecting the good ones and do your podCast half hour with them.
as it is now each members playlist can be 'sent to the player' , I dont use the player much because that is all you can really send to it, that or the 'house mix', how very exciting! not!
Imagine what kind of 'service' bandAmp could offer if people could load up , say ...Marinos category "Amazing bandAmp guitar songs not by me" , all three of them! or one of Minds categories "An evening easy listening with Eftos" or even one of my own categories "Sing along with JimK compilation Volume 4" !

But seriously , you know what I mean. It would make a lot of 'other things' possible.
You would then not have to post a thread like this, because you could chose from many many different categories, and just do your speaks in between.
#17January 20th, 2008 · 01:24 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Firstly, thank you for the now great response .  I have more than I have space for.  Given the kind of music I have access to now with your guys' permission, I may do the second podcast as a hard rock one.  Soft one comes first.  Once I've got a set going, I'll post here with the track listing.
#18January 20th, 2008 · 01:34 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
No Problem Kings..Thanks

Flyer
#19January 20th, 2008 · 01:47 PM
16 threads / 15 songs
108 posts
Bulgaria
wow
It's ok
#20January 20th, 2008 · 03:08 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I know it's late
But yes, I offer all of my crap up not that anyone wants to hear it coming through a podcast..  I have been a bit busy as of late, not able to commit to posting,  I am working on two MAJOR projects for work, have two major training sessions coming up soon, and on top of that, am starting PHP programming classes so I can better support this site...  I need to know how to do this, that way when people have issues, I can go in and fix something small, if it's a big issue, that is where a more professional programmer will come in...  But, that being said, I am going to be VERY VERY busy with this...so sorry if I don't respond to a post right away..  If you send me a PM or an Email, I will respond very quickly...  Everyone here should know my email address, if not, I will post it sort of, it is Bandamp  at jkoontz dot com 

JimK
  Sorry for hijacking your thread Avi...  Back to your regularly scheduled programming...
#21January 20th, 2008 · 05:56 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
its ok with me to have a song put on that i have made with another artist, therefor i give my permission..for flyer..really..x
#22January 20th, 2008 · 08:43 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
mmm.. random question..

avi, you mentioned that you were going to tackle the issue of webspace for hosting of this (these) pocast(s).  is that sorted out yet?  the reason i ask is because, if it isn't, i've got 200mb or so that i could temporarily donate for keeping the files.  That may not total to very much if this thing really gets going into something of a continual process, but it'd be start if we've got nothing else at the moment.

it's my own webspace, and i'd normally be filling it up with some things i have planned to host, but i simply haven't got the time to do so, thus, if you think it'd be useful to utilize the space for a few moons, then feel free.  just PM if you think it's a decent idea.  If I see no PM, I won't worry about, but the offer will stand, unless I post on this thread saying otherwise.  I don't foresee any issues with myself being able to live up to the commitment, at the moment.

this is all rather exciting, to see Bandampers coming up with some new ideas
#23January 20th, 2008 · 08:46 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the offer, but I didn't mean actually hosting the files itself, just were the front-end to the podcast was going to be hosted.  I have essentially as much space and bandwidth that I need on my server for my website.  Again though, nice of you to offer.
#24January 20th, 2008 · 08:53 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
okies-- sounds good. i'm glad there are means to an end    as for the front-end thing, then.. status on that?
#25January 21st, 2008 · 08:28 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
This is a cool idea. Do you think the podcast could be uploaded on to the amp, like swordfish's interviews? Or how about having the podcast streaming on an audio player on the front page?

Anyway, whatever you do, I can't wait till I can submit my audio for when you have an electronic theme 
#26January 21st, 2008 · 08:41 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Sorry, I won't be uploading them here.  They will be hosted on a blog somewhere, with a syndicated feed that I can submit to various podcast syndicates (iTunes, Odeo, etc. etc.).  This isn't official, and I want to handle it separately.  I'm still thinking of names---it won't be called the "BandAMP Podcast" or anything, and intend for this to hopefully have submissions from other websites eventually.
#27January 22nd, 2008 · 12:43 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Alright, the first episode of the podcast is here: http://forum.bandamp.com/Events/6127.html

Check it out and tell me what you think!

Can an admin create an Announcement or something?
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 17th, 2024 · 11:08 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.