1 2

#1January 18th, 2008 · 10:47 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
BandAMP Podcast - Calling for submissions
Alright, so for the first podcast, I am looking for submissions.  The theme is going to be acoustic-ish or mellower guitar stuff, so if you're interested in having your song highlighted, then post it here.

I'm looking for you to submit just one track, whatever you want, as long as it fits into the general theme.  Electronica, harder rock, etc. stuff will come later.  I can't guarantee you will be put in (obviously, depends on the number of submissions).  It doesn't matter how old the track is.  Stick to a format like this:

Track Name - [link to the track]
Artist(s)
Year released
A comment about the track

Tell me something interesting about the track: was it recorded differently to the rest of your stuff? Was this something that became a huge hit? Is it something different to what you do?  Etc., etc.

I haven't figured out where it will be hosted, but I'll get that sorted out after I get the podcast done.

Disclaimer: I will be putting one of my tracks in the podcast .
#2January 19th, 2008 · 08:02 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Im a bit confused with the genre .Is it acoustic(unplugged) or softer rock included(Like with a full band concept just not hard rocking)even though it might have electric sounds.Im interested ,whats the deadline??
M.
#3January 19th, 2008 · 08:05 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
I'd have preferred straight up acoustic stuff, but the underwhelming response means that I will take anything that is guitar-centric and mellow.

Deadline? I dunno, I was going to do this tomorrow, but I can't with just 2 tracks.  As soon as I have four, maybe five tracks, I guess.
#4January 19th, 2008 · 08:15 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Song : Freely 
Artist : Me (and Jim)
Reason : Because you liked it !    And it is a good song indeed! 
#5January 19th, 2008 · 08:17 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
Reason : Because you liked it !  ;)

True, that!  Thanks for the support.
#6January 19th, 2008 · 10:47 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
How about using "Hangman" how do you feel about it ?
I think its a good song
Track Name - Hangman.......[link to the track]
Artist(s)avinashv/Flyer7747
Year released-2007
I will make more comments and other observations of what I would do a little differently with this song ..if it was to be redone  when, you figure out what your going to do as far as where it will go...
when your all set let me know..Ill comment more on this song we did..
Nice work BTW

Link
http://forum.bandamp.com/amp.html?xml=forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/4913.xml&webID=forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/4913.html
#7January 19th, 2008 · 11:15 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
extraneous comment:
blast.. i was working on something that i think could fit this (as it's outside of my norm for tempo and atmosphere), but with school and now work bogging me down, i regret to say that it won't be done anytime soon..

reason for such comment:
due to "the underwhelming response", i wanted to let you know that i support your effort, despite the 22 hours of silence this thread witnessed after your original post on it.
#8January 20th, 2008 · 12:20 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Just a few suggestions
Track Name - Juke Box
Artist(s) Paganscradle/flyer7747
Year released-2007
http://forum.bandamp.com/amp.html?xml=forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/5539.xml&webID=forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/5539.html

Track Name / Does Anyone Care
Artist(s)_TonightsLast Song,/Reflex/Flyer7747
Year released-2007
http://forum.bandamp.com/amp.html?xml=forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/5693.xml&webID=forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/5693.html

Track Name / Voice's
Artist(s)_Marino/Flyer7747
Year released-2007
http://forum.bandamp.com/amp.html?xml=forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/4515.xml&webID=forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/4515.html

Ok I'm done
#9January 20th, 2008 · 02:43 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Flyer, I appreciate the research, but I can't take tracks without having direct consent from the original artists.

TLS: I truly appreciate the support; I am glad there is at least a few people here who are supportive of what can be a huge potential for traffic.  Thank you.
#10January 20th, 2008 · 04:09 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I wasn't aware of that AV...I didn't see anything stated in your initial post by you about songs that are collaborations with numerous artist... that they have to have the consent of each artist that was/is involved .

I took for granted that it wasn't a issue,since Kings posted that he was going to use a collaboration...nothing was said right there about having consent from the artist(s)..If that's the way its going fly then fine.
I will delete all of my post if you want me to. If not, I'll see about getting consent from the artist that are involved
in the songs..no problem
It's nice to see that you are doing this though..I really like your Idea
Keep Rocking Brother

Ralph
#11January 20th, 2008 · 04:32 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Sorry bro, there was a misunderstanding---I didn't realize that you were involved in all the tracks.  It serves me right for posting without reading thoroughly, I guess.  My bad!  There's no need to delete your post.
#12January 20th, 2008 · 08:07 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yup Voices is indeed available and consented.....From the Flyer and Marino Collab...
This one is also available if its not to hard
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/5967.html
Track Name - How many Times
Artist Vicious -Kitty/Marino
Year released -2008
A comment about the track-Track was done at home studio all instruments and sequencing by Marino,lyrics and voice by Lisa.Initially written for my band called "This"in 2004 it never did get so  much more than a few live shows exposure and a rough 4 track recording.The energy this song captures is fairly similar to that of classic rock stepping away from my regular VK format ,making me wonder if this is maybe the birth of another project..Like I need a new one(LOL).Song will be submitted for various contest...
Tx
Marino
#13January 20th, 2008 · 08:20 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
you're welcome to any of my songs if you want
I would suggest Saturday six version 2 but if you prefer any other pick your choice
#14January 20th, 2008 · 09:23 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Same here, you have permission to use anything that is posted by Toastedgoat for your podcast.
#15January 20th, 2008 · 09:44 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
No Problem AV...By The way Avi, Is it ok to use  "Hangman" ?

Flyer

Thanks Marino, COOL 

Thanks to everyone!!!!

Flyer
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:05 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.