#1January 22nd, 2008 · 01:47 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Vinyl Grooves Episode 1
Podcasting from my bedroom featuring artists on the AMP---check it out at http://vinylgrooves.wordpress.com.  Subscribe to the feed or check back every once in a while.  I'll try to update here whenever I post a new episode or call for submissions (which will happen on there from now on).

My deepest sympathies to swordfish who soldiered to give me the first submission, but who's music I left out on this episode---I've already got you picked out for a future episode my friend, I'm sorry that I cut you out of this one.  No hard feelings, I hope.

Thanks to everybody else who submitted, even though not one of you followed the submission guidelines properly One track with link and comments .  I survived, don't worry!

The track is available three ways: (1) Listen to it directly on the website.  There is a Flash player, similar to the one that is featured on the AMP. (2) Download the MP3 file, the link to which is on the entry for whichever episode you want. (3) Use a podcasting client and point it to the RSS feed to the website (the link is at the bottom).

Eventually, I'll submit this to iTunes and Odeo and you can syndicate from there.  I will not, however, be uploading the MP3's to the AMP---if that means less people listen, then so be it, even though it is quite literally, one click away.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone who listens, who contributes, Hollywood Foreign Press ( ), and anyone who has ever critiqued my music.  Thanks!
#2January 22nd, 2008 · 03:45 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I took a fast look at what you have done...This is really great. I'm surprised that you did this so fast ...
Thanks for using our song....Nice Av..WTG Bro

Flyer
(Damn those people who didnt follow the guidlines  )   Yeah, I'm guilty  lol

Flyer
#3January 22nd, 2008 · 04:35 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
loved the First episode!
Keep them coming Avi and thank you for choosing one of mine
#4January 22nd, 2008 · 12:39 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Thanks guys, glad you liked it.
#5January 22nd, 2008 · 06:27 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Liked it a lot Avi,
Like the Snap-Shots feature too! very cool.
So how regular are your casts going to be?
And how are going to get to the 'rest' of the excellent music on the Amp? the songs from members who are not around.
I suppose the truth is no one would sue you for using any song from bandAmp because your not making money from it and your doing just what the artist wants, giving the music to the people, so I'd say your pirate radio podcast are an excellent idea !! Permission or not !
Keep it up Avi, it's so cool I want to make my own ! 
#6January 22nd, 2008 · 09:07 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Honestly Kings, I'd like to monetize this eventually.  Not to make money, but to support this into a larger community--someone to pay the bills for hosting, domain name.  Whatever extra I make, I'll pour back in BandAMP or whatever.  Important to that is that I have direct access to the copyright owners---the artists.  So this will never feature cover (unless it is, for example, a situation like Birds and Bees Blues where myself and Jorge covered it and given VincentL's permission, we could feature it on the podcast).

This is a in-the-future thing, mind you.  And I will never have ads in-podcast.  I can't stand that.  There will ads on the website or something.

I'll basically do these as often as I can.  The next one will be soon.  Very soon.

Anyway, glad you liked it.  Hope you'll listen in the future.
#7January 22nd, 2008 · 10:53 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Amazing job dude!
Nice and relaxing after a long day.
But I couldn't quite find the 'download here' button(or I'm just blind)
And perfect music choice
Looking forward to the next cast.
Hope the next is as great as this one!
#8January 22nd, 2008 · 11:59 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
"Episode 1 is here!" is a link to the MP3

Glad you liked it.
#9January 23rd, 2008 · 06:45 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Im liking this Av good job!!!thanx for taking the time and the effort to do this..!!
#10January 24th, 2008 · 03:24 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
tried to post a comment on the site a few times, but i'm not sure if it worked (?)  thought maybe my cache just wasn't keeping up with the changes, but even wiping it and loading up the page, the comment didn't stick.  looks like it goes through alright.. i send info to server, server replies, page loads, url changes as if to accept the next numerically ordered comment, but then .. there's no comment    i guess it could be Opera, but who knows.

liked the track a lot--- minimal host-time is kind of nice.. something to guide you along what's happening in the track, but not a morning radio show full of extraneous laughter and comments when all you really want is the music

looking forward to the next one.  i'll be sure to propagate this if i find chances to.
#11January 24th, 2008 · 06:41 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
"morning radio show full of extraneous laughter and comments when all you really want is the music"
yup

No one laughs harder than a breakfast announcer.

dig the progam avi nice one mate
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 2:56 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.