1 2 3 4 5

#46July 23rd, 2007 · 11:53 AM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
Oldies324 wrote…
Did we get a reply from mud? It seems that someone (PX) did. But what was it? How come he hasn't addressed the site yet? I haven't heard word from mud in....months. Not since he made Pup and Jim mods. It worries me a lot. Without any real administration, I have watched this site deteriorate over the past few months. It is not what it used to be. There are a lot of the bugs, and I think a lot of the community is getting frustrated. The battle system is totally askew. We've had a lot of discussion about that, and a lot of great ideas and input, but without mud and/or an active, competent programmer, the site really has gone downhill, in terms of upkeep and member input. I'm all for group discussions like this, they are useful and have been useful in the past, but without action they're not any good.

Thanks, Kings, for that backup site. I joined. It's the first real step anyone has taken around here in a while. I mean no offense to mud, but this is the way I feel; what needs to be preserved here is the community. If moving away from BandAmp and creating our own new domain is necessitated by that goal, then so be it. However, right now I don't think a drastic step like that is at all appropriate. We do need to give mud a chance to reply. I would dearly love to see mud publicly address the problems at hand, and accept the offer of Lady Dawn to take over programming here. But, like I said, if mud can't or won't act, someone needs to, to preserve the community. It's failing in stagnation.

- Oldies

the last part of that paragraph was what prompted my message bro..  Wasn't trying to put anyone on the spot.. but to see if maybe it would be a good idea to have both of them working on getting the bugs and kinks out, then let the both be able to maintain it..  plus between the two  have the ability to get things straightened out, such as the battle area..  oh well.. time to make the exchange. this piece of shoe leather is getting way to soggy....

blessings,

Blue
#47July 23rd, 2007 · 01:21 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Blue!!!  With things the way they are though, I would much prefer if Mud came and cleaned up his own "mess/code".  It can be a bit like trying to read someone elses handwritting.  I am a bit confused about the way things work on a fiscal/ownership basis...  Ive heard that the site is Muds' and then Ive heard that its a corporate tax deduction?  I guess what matters to me (and Im sure some others) is that I feel abandoned...  The site is slowly falling away to entropy.  I know its just little things right now, but little things have a way of snowballing.  If no one is here to take care of it and Mud cant spare even five minutes to drop a post telling us to relax , then what do we have to look forward to?  I hate the idea of reinventing the Amp, but by god, I love this place and to just watch it disappear with no other place to go and no more music to hear would ruin my whole year!  I, kind of, feel like there are some that are being way to complacent.  This sort of feels like global warming, where most people are like oh B.S., Global Warming isnt happening so Ill just wait around til the world breaks and then Ill care.....
#48July 23rd, 2007 · 05:22 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
I believe in ya bro..
But I can completely understand what you're
saying.. that cheesey little website I just finished
for perryspcpowersupply.com, was originally
done in front page.. but wasn't even near completed..
then a bozo picked it up in ez html, then in pagestream
and the incarnation it landed in my lap was in pagemill...
 what you see now is where I've had to rip, hack and
even re-write some of that code from scratch just to
get it there.. I know, it's only html.. big hairries.. but
hey tha's time consuming when dealing with a half wit
armed with microsux plug and play editors..  and the
matrix anim on the network page I did both seperate
terminal anims from scratch.. one at a time.. was
easier then doing a bitmapped page with them both
in a single pic.. ya know.. 
 so yea, I have some very small clue about it.. that
and ld has already mentioned how fun it is to chase
other peoples code just to find a dead end in the
code and have to run around, backtrack, then follow
another direction.. 
 (in my best bugs bunny voice) Maybe I took a wrong
turn at alberqurqie........ lol......

but again FOLK,  I was not only giving Map and LD
credit for both being pretty damn good programmers,
as I have spoke to Map enough that he can tell you I
do know a little about it myself..  and otherwise, I was
also just day dreaming out loud..  gonna hafta quit that..
peeps keep jumping the gate before the starter pistol is
fired.. and I for one ain't in no hurry to run marathons
anymore, I'm getting to old for that crap..

Ok , lemmee get this soggy piece of shoe leather out and
swap it with a dry one..

Blessings,

Blue....

p.s. Map, yes you and I had talked enough about it that
I still believe you are a quite capable and very intellegent
young man!
#49July 23rd, 2007 · 05:24 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Minds wrote…
This sort of feels like global warming, where most people are like oh B.S., Global Warming isnt happening so Ill just wait around til the world breaks and then Ill care.....
How about : It's like global warming , the ones who can make a difference don't because their off on 'greater concerns' while the ones who feel it (through rises in prices from insurances to petrol to food) and use it just have to sit back and watch while it all goes down the swany !  
#50July 23rd, 2007 · 05:28 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: I believe in ya bro..
Blueyes wrote…
But I can completely understand what you're
saying.. that cheesey little website I just finished
for perryspcpowersupply.com, was originally
done in front page.. but wasn't even near completed..
then a bozo picked it up in ez html, then in pagestream
and the incarnation it landed in my lap was in pagemill...
 what you see now is where I've had to rip, hack and
even re-write some of that code from scratch just to
get it there.. I know, it's only html.. big hairries.. but
hey tha's time consuming when dealing with a half wit
armed with microsux plug and play editors..  and the
matrix anim on the network page I did both seperate
terminal anims from scratch.. one at a time.. was
easier then doing a bitmapped page with them both
in a single pic.. ya know.. 
 so yea, I have some very small clue about it.. that
and ld has already mentioned how fun it is to chase
other peoples code just to find a dead end in the
code and have to run around, backtrack, then follow
another direction.. 
 (in my best bugs bunny voice) Maybe I took a wrong
turn at alberqurqie........ lol......

but again FOLK,  I was not only giving Map and LD
credit for both being pretty damn good programmers,
as I have spoke to Map enough that he can tell you I
do know a little about it myself..  and otherwise, I was
also just day dreaming out loud..  gonna hafta quit that..
peeps keep jumping the gate before the starter pistol is
fired.. and I for one ain't in no hurry to run marathons
anymore, I'm getting to old for that crap..

Ok , lemmee get this soggy piece of shoe leather out and
swap it with a dry one..

Blessings,

Blue....

p.s. Map, yes you and I had talked enough about it that
I still believe you are a quite capable and very intellegent
young man!

Why don't you 'Hack' into pages that are already right ???
That's what I do, and they usually end up............right! 

Just had a look at the site.
Looking at your code you like your tables.
It is widely advised, and you can at this point,  take the next step into classes and CSS.
THEN you can start with divs......

You want some fun! Get a CSS editor, suss out how simple it is, take every table, tr and td out of the page and put EVERYTHING in divs and then position them with CSS 
#51July 23rd, 2007 · 05:46 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
lol
Kings, you checked it out.. what a fekkin mess huh??
you should have seen it before I armed myself with
good old fashion note pad and ezhtml..  If I could
have afforded hotdogpro from www.sausage.com..
I would have purchased it in a new york minute
just for that one..  Sausage is an Australian company
that I have been with since the second release of the
program ever..  around 1992 I believe..  only editor
I will ever endorse..  
 hey, CSS??  Cascading Style Sheets, and I are going
around in circles just tryin to do my own myspace
from scratch..  I have had to resort to going to one
of the pimpmysite  outfits, setup their code then
rip it and add my own.. just to get a little bit better
of an idea.. I guess it can be done.. and yea, maybe
someone with the time... oh well  for right now, I
just want my studio and audio puter to work right!!
I digress..

Blessings,

Blue

p.s. I had the full code for those pages at pc power supply..
all I had to do was hack out ( chissel out is more like it)
the bad code and add good code...
#52July 23rd, 2007 · 06:03 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Blue wrote…
hey, CSS??  Cascading Style Sheets, and I are going
around in circles just tryin to do my own myspace
from scratch..  I have had to resort to going to one
of the pimpmysite  outfits, setup their code then
rip it and add my own.. just to get a little bit better
of an idea.. I guess it can be done.. and yea, maybe
someone with the time... oh well  for right now, I
just want my studio and audio puter to work right!!
I digress..
LOL Been there !!! 

My audio puter works though, just have to make the effort to use it!
Ba! I'm a writer! So I excuse my self by saying I love words and text, hens Web pages !!!
#53July 24th, 2007 · 10:43 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
MindsAtPlay wrote…
I guess what matters to me (and Im sure some others) is that I feel abandoned...  The site is slowly falling away to entropy.  I know its just little things right now, but little things have a way of snowballing.  If no one is here to take care of it and Mud cant spare even five minutes to drop a post telling us to relax , then what do we have to look forward to?  I hate the idea of reinventing the Amp, but by god, I love this place and to just watch it disappear with no other place to go and no more music to hear would ruin my whole year!  I, kind of, feel like there are some that are being way to complacent.  This sort of feels like global warming, where most people are like oh B.S., Global Warming isnt happening so Ill just wait around til the world breaks and then Ill care.....

I believe, MAP, that we share extremely close views.
My efforts to communicate them seem to have so far been mostly ignored.
#54July 25th, 2007 · 06:53 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Well I don't believe in global warming, atleast not in the sense that this is something mankind is playing a significant role in, however the same does not count for the site... In any case countermeasures should be taken. Atleast one floatation device per household, and a backup forum incase the code caves in...

I think the backup forum is there, YAY - bookmarked it.

Floatation devices, not so sure. Best just learn to swim.
#55July 25th, 2007 · 12:18 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
WOW! Dont believe in Global Warming!!???  I suppose thats a conversation for another Thread.  But thats just crazy!  How can pumping tons of chemicals into the atmosphere not affect things?  Anyway....
#56July 25th, 2007 · 02:34 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
MindsAtPlay wrote…
WOW! Dont believe in Global Warming!!???  I suppose thats a conversation for another Thread.  But thats just crazy!  How can pumping tons of chemicals into the atmoshere not affect things?

Ask a volcano. We're certainly not having much of a summer here, but I remember when we had three hot summers in a row, everybody cried the skies were falling down. We always try hard to find scientific proof that we're to blame for everything that's beyond our control anyway, somehow... Maybe so they can put ecotax on everything and waste incredibly huge sums of money on dubious research activities and... and god knows where that money goes... Certainly not in taking steps to *drastically* cut down the anthropogenic greenhouse gas output... I guess there's no true need for that.

It's all a hype, and certainly not very alive among the dutch people at all (this year), because we're having a sh*t summer. However I fear that if we'll have a very cold winter, everybody will start crying about the upcoming iceage again, like they did in the nineties.

Largely off topic... But that's the fate of threads in the Pit.
#57July 25th, 2007 · 03:00 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Yeah, well i suppose you havent heard about the Gulf Stream and how its responsible for carrying heat from the equator up that way so that you guys dont slip into an iceage.  And also how salinity plays a huge part in how the warm water mixes with the cold.  If glaciers continue to melt then the salinity will be thrown off, throwing you guys into an iceage.  So yes, the very direct result of global warming for you guys will be an Iceage.  Read a book or watch a documentary every once in awhile.  You're falling behind. And I dont get your reference to a volcano, unless you are trying to say that volcano's also pollute.  That is definately true but they pump a limited amount of the total pollution produced these days.  Look at a few modern day graphs concerning production of carbon dioxide or chlorofluerocarbons...  Its obvious!  Beyond that, its just rediculous to think that all of our activity as humans isnt causing some kind of negative impact.  IMHO (and that of thousands of scientist and laymen, I might add)  Oh well,  I guess one of us will be proved correct before too long. I would point you here (http://dels.nas.edu/basc/reports.php) for more scientificly based information though. - SORRY FOR RANTING EVERYONE - oh and PX, none of this is ever personal, man!  Just wanted to make that clear.  Just opinions, yada yada.
#58July 25th, 2007 · 06:08 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Thanks for the flame, ... .***kick***

Cool off a while, but keep your shorts on.
#59July 25th, 2007 · 06:50 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
Pup....
bro, that was just a little harsh wasn't it? I mean he
sounded more like he was just ranting to me.. and
he did say it wasn't aimed directly at you.. 
 I know, I am only one of the users here myself..
so don't take this as an attack on you from me either..
It's just a concern..  I mean kicking him off even if
just for a day or two, personally to me sounds just
a little to harsh.. especially when we've had much
harder debates over the past six to eight months..
 but hey, you do your job as you think you see fit
and believe you need to.. So just felt like an expression
of objections without mal-content, was in order...
  I know he and I both are regularly express ourselves
way harder then this bro!! He and I have cursed each
other back and forth.. but we're friends, just as you are..
so we allow each other the closeness between us to almost
say anything to each other, that comes upon our minds!

ok, I knew you would understand my need to express
this!

Blessings Bro,

Danny - BluEyes
#60July 25th, 2007 · 09:09 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
PX wrote…
Thanks for the flame, ... .***kick***

Cool off a while, but keep your shorts on.

Sounds to me like Minds was using you more as a 'bouncing block' PX, you know like 'sounding off' you but going off on one of his own with it! In one way a good thing, 'bouncing off each other' , bit like mental pogoing ! lol
I think PX, as a Mod you should show more understand towards the world wide views in a place like this! And that you cant 'just kick someone off' because you 'personally' don't like it, being out of order is being out of order, and I see no out of order hear at all!
I know I shouldn't go blabbing off at authority, bad policy old chap! but this is not the army this is the internet , so what the fuck!

At least you cant ban me before the end of this post ! 

I find that Minds has been in a full-on mood for a few weeks, edgy, pushing things around in his own boisterous way, no harm done at all, it's just a load of text files at the end of the day,
But Minds I do think that you could at least consider that the average human can only think of about 3 or 4 important things in one moment in time compared to your 60 something simultaneous processes, generating enough energy to power a small town, maybe you could also chill in how you subconsciously bring across your quest to rule the Universe to innocent by standers !!!!!          

Any way Bye! 
1 2 3 4 5

Server Time: May 4th, 2024 · 1:42 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.