1 2 3 4

#31May 24th, 2017 · 08:03 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I've got a general ideal, need to finish it up this week. Edit: I just finished writing all the parts tonight. Start recording tomorrow.
#32May 25th, 2017 · 03:23 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Excellent!

Do you find stuff changing to accommodate once you start recording or do things tend to hold together pretty well for you?
#33May 25th, 2017 · 06:50 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
TonightsLastSong wrote…
Excellent!

Do you find stuff changing to accommodate once you start recording or do things tend to hold together pretty well for you?
I usually don't change the chord progressions unless I come across something that really grabs me. I might change some sounds/instruments depending on how things are blending together.  I usually do this in the writing, song building phase.  Once I start tracking I'm pretty set on what I want.
#34May 25th, 2017 · 04:26 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
OK
I Have NO IDEA at the moment .....
Cept migh try to do a Reggae
DUB TRACK

Hmm
#35May 25th, 2017 · 09:00 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Mine is a pop song.  I'm not good at pop songs. Should be interesting.  I had a thought about the 30 day challenges.  Most writers won't like it.  Songs or noodles based around a particular theme, or emotion for that month.
#36May 26th, 2017 · 02:14 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
It's feasible, although I guess some musical forms aren't as well suited to some themes.  Although, I'd pay a little fistful of money to get a melancholic EDM experience, so if anybody's got that up their sleeve, you need to be uploading on or around June 15th!

I don't really know what to call anything I do, but this time anyway I'm leaving out my usual melodic component for the sake of getting it to be more of a mood piece.
#37May 28th, 2017 · 06:10 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
TonightsLastSong wrote…
It's feasible, although I guess some musical forms aren't as well suited to some themes.  Although, I'd pay a little fistful of money to get a melancholic EDM experience, so if anybody's got that up their sleeve, you need to be uploading on or around June 15th!

I don't really know what to call anything I do, but this time anyway I'm leaving out my usual melodic component for the sake of getting it to be more of a mood piece.
all minor key, and diminished EDM.lol
Two hours to tweak out 1 short piano part today.. yikes.  the song is melancholy, but not EDM. Although I could through in some 808 drums samples, and layer a bunch of synth parts over the top.
#38May 28th, 2017 · 09:25 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
A good piece of progress anyway!  In June+July, I'll be a little tied up with writing again, but it'd be nice to try and keep up with challenges anyway.  It's been a winning idea so far!
#39May 31st, 2017 · 07:21 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
TonightsLastSong wrote…
A good piece of progress anyway!  In June+July, I'll be a little tied up with writing again, but it'd be nice to try and keep up with challenges anyway.  It's been a winning idea so far!
I take a vacation first of June for 8 days. I'll still try to finish this months challenge though
#40June 10th, 2017 · 11:38 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I leave in two days for vacation, I wonder if I can get the lead and backing vocals tracked and mixed in by then, lol
#41June 11th, 2017 · 02:18 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Mm, coming down to the wire... here's to hoping the tracking phase goes nice and smooth!  I don't suppose anybody would be too put off if you wanted to make up for the vacation interruption by posting a few days late, but I'm looking forward to our uploads one way or another!
#42June 11th, 2017 · 06:30 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Enter Battle
Just remembered the enter battle option ... as you upload

I still see it ...

Maybe we should use it .... even though it probably holds to calendar month dates ?

Plus remember the votey star thing???

Well thats there too!!

Just a thought

Fish
#43June 11th, 2017 · 10:45 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
re: Enter Battle
swordfish wrote…

I still see it ...

Maybe we should use it .... even though it probably holds to calendar month dates ?

Well thats there too!!

Just a thought

Fish

I agree It's the way the amp was originally intended.   I'll start entering the battle when I get a song finalized.  I leave tomorrow, I'll have to finish this one after I get back. I'm going to upload another shot of it, with some vocal stuff on it.. It's not done though.
#44June 12th, 2017 · 04:08 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
re: Enter Battle
swordfish wrote…

I still see it ...

Well thats there too!!

Just a thought

Fish

We need to get the minimum vote quantity brought down to something reasonable, but I agree that it would be nice.

If you think about it, I think having the challenges end mid way through the month is ideal.  It gives people time to listen and vote before the current month ends, and if people want to post a few days early for whatever reason, it doesn't mess anything up this way.
#45June 15th, 2017 · 04:03 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Just the 3 of us
Ive sent messages via facebook to Ben Schreiber, Jinnie Gordon, PRG,Iz, Jim AC, Jim Koontz, and more

Lets see if they drop in ....

Dennis has ..... what a cool dude

John T
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 10:26 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.