1 2 3 4

#1April 14th, 2017 · 08:49 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
30 day song challenge
I did this on another website, that had this going on.  It was fun and challenging, somewhat amazing too.  Since the amp is back up and we have a master technician taking care of things now.  Would anyone be up for doing a 30 day song challenge. We get 30 days to write, record and upload a song, (please don't use one you already have laying around).  It doesn't have to be a masterpiece, just something to get things rolling along.
I'm going to start tonight on writing, a simple rock/pop style song, I'll try to get it written, recorded and mixed within 30 days.

week one write and work on arrangement
 week two and three tracking
  week  four mixing. 

anyone wanna give it a go ?
#2April 15th, 2017 · 04:35 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Sounds like fun, my good goat.  I've got a wedding across the pond to attend in a couple of weeks, which'll punch a hole in my month, but I might be able to get away with it anyway.
#3April 15th, 2017 · 05:36 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
TonightsLastSong wrote…
Sounds like fun, my good goat.  I've got a wedding across the pond to attend in a couple of weeks, which'll punch a hole in my month, but I might be able to get away with it anyway.

Don't let something as trivial as a wedding get in the way,  JK lol.  Maybe we do one every month. I might even give out a prize. Like a mic or something.
#4April 16th, 2017 · 02:46 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
My one thought is that I'll probably be sticking to electronic music... it's just too hard to do the guitar thing in this apartment we're in right now.  Maybe I'll be looking for a way to mesh some vocals onto an electronic track, though!
#5April 16th, 2017 · 06:05 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
TonightsLastSong wrote…
My one thought is that I'll probably be sticking to electronic music... it's just too hard to do the guitar thing in this apartment we're in right now.  Maybe I'll be looking for a way to mesh some vocals onto an electronic track, though!

anything is good,  two chord song, EDM, Rap,  whatever someone wants to write
#6April 19th, 2017 · 06:07 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
30 day great idea
yep I'm up for that!!

END DATE MAY 15?

fire up the hooter!!!!
#7April 20th, 2017 · 08:39 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Sounds good.   May 15th.  I'm running on schedule, sorta.  I've all the song parts written, except the lyrics.
drums, bass and piano are tracked midi, I haven't committed them to audio yet. I have 2 guitar parts to record, an accordion part maybe, (now that I have my old one back). I'm keeping it simple so no bells and whistles, or scratching records stuff lol
#8April 21st, 2017 · 04:49 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: 30 day song challenge
toastedgoat wrote…
I did this on another website, that had this going on.  It was fun and challenging, somewhat amazing too.  Since the amp is back up and we have a master technician taking care of things now.  Would anyone be up for doing a 30 day song challenge. We get 30 days to write, record and upload a song, (please don't use one you already have laying around).  It doesn't have to be a masterpiece, just something to get things rolling along.
I'm going to start tonight on writing, a simple rock/pop style song, I'll try to get it written, recorded and mixed within 30 days.

week one write and work on arrangement
 week two and three tracking
  week  four mixing. 

anyone wanna give it a go ?

its got to be like making a cake yea??

gonna go and get my ingredients now!!
#9April 22nd, 2017 · 12:23 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
hmm hmm I like cake.  Cake is good. 
Let's bake.some cake,
.not a single remake,
 the music must be cooking inside.
We must pick and choose,
the best ingredients to use,
and mix it well within time.

Got carried away, I'm in a lyric mode of mind.
#10April 26th, 2017 · 01:48 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
What's the cure for getting a melody out of my head now that I'm done writing it...

It's great, so it's a good problem to have, but I got more things to do today and I can't with this senseless need to play the WIP track over and over   

I think lyrics for my thing are off the table.  I suppose it's conceivable to still add them but I went full throttle on an instrumental once I saw how dry the lyrics were shaping up to be.  Sometimes the music just does a better job communicating the vibe.

That said, maybe I'll keep at it and come up with some "honorary lyrics" that might have been.
#11April 28th, 2017 · 06:02 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
You don't have to have lyrics, or vocals.  A simple instrumental melody is fine.

I've decided to do all my recording for this song  using the $79.00 US  Behringer Audio interface. No outboard audio gear, other than a cheap Chinese Avlex mic. A cheap line 6 midi controller keyboard controller for the VSTI.  Cheap headphones and computer speakers to mix with.  It'll probably come out bad, but I'm going to have fun working at it.
#12April 29th, 2017 · 04:47 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Hey, the fun is what it's all about.

Lyrics would still have been great, I just couldn't make it work this particular time.  I probably tried to come at it too on-the-nose.  The thing felt melodramatic, which was a sign I didn't have the right words yet.  There's a big plane ride between me and this wedding I'm attending, so we'll see if I can't dream up another attempt at words, but there's not much to hold out for.

Doing my tweaks and rhythm fixes, but the travel lappy doesn't have the horsepower to run a heavy project without freezing every track after every edit.  Once I get back I'll have a few days before the 15th to finalize!
#13May 2nd, 2017 · 03:20 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
30 day song challenge
2 old bean tins .... a length of string....and my trusty KAZZOO!!!

That should do it!!!

Just Joking!!

Back to basics Fish

Ive laid a chord trak!!

Lucky Me!!
#14May 3rd, 2017 · 08:10 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
re: 30 day song challenge
swordfish wrote…
2 old bean tins .... a length of string....and my trusty KAZZOO!!!

That should do it!!!

Just Joking!!

Back to basics Fish

Ive laid a chord trak!!

Lucky Me!!
I just threw in some Bubble & Squeak cakes, borrowed from over your way. I have Mac-N- Cheese from over here.
#15May 4th, 2017 · 08:53 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I gotta get busy, lyrics are killing me. I have the hook, it's the in betweens that's not flowing.
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.