1 2

#1December 12th, 2006 · 12:12 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
funny? wow, that's pretty bad!

This is a dubious type of humor; at one point we're mocking the views of the fanatic christian racist (such as KKK), yet at another we are acknowledging that these views have a right to exist, simply by paying attention to them (for instance, by posting them to a friendly forum).

I wish we could print those racist views out on rolls of toilet paper and deposit (after usage) to where they rightfully belong.
#2December 12th, 2006 · 12:51 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Ok, I have laugh off a racist joke before, I have to confess... don't think taking things so seriously is actually helping to erradicate racism.  Now, THAT WASN'T FUNNY AT ALL.

Thanks.

ps.  I hope nobody takes what I've said as a racist point of view.  I feel like i need to explain a bit.  When acting too seriously about racisme you only make it stronger because you end up seeing races and not people, just like a racist would do.
#3December 12th, 2006 · 01:35 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well it's ok, I'm not holding you responsible, and for the record, I do understand how this rhyme can be seen as "funny": once more, it's clearly a sarcastic mockery of racist view, and not intended to convert observers to a belief of "white supremacy" at all.

But also, paying attention to the racism issue in any way may invoke these unwelcome feelings in unexpecting visitors, and that is nothing I'd enjoy witnessing.
#4December 12th, 2006 · 01:45 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Don't you dare make Jesus jokes OK! 
Making fun of Jesus is not funny!

I mean, how would you like it if you were a carpenter and you ended your days nailed to a tree?

#5December 12th, 2006 · 02:01 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Kine wrote…
There's not so many Christians here anymore...
They're scared away by comedians!  [:o]

Good!

I think a healthy sense of humor will get you a lot further than Jesus or the KKK ever did.

Don't get me wrong 'churches' are important places, but any one who wants to enforce his will over mine I am not into. That includes Bible Bashers, the KKK and most racists.

I also find this funny, as would most of the western world but this being a world stage a lot of people will take this the wrong way (as usual) and it also doesn't give the site a good image when people are just surfing through!
#6December 12th, 2006 · 02:04 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Jesus was a carpenter! remember?
#7December 12th, 2006 · 02:11 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
kings wrote…
I think a healthy sense of humor will get you a lot further than Jesus or the KKK ever did.

agreed!

and, ew.. bible bashers!

or those people who come to your door on sundays to talk about God, they are soo creepy!

and they want to give you their "unbiased" magazines in which all scientific research to evolution and the big bang theory is "proven wrong" merely because "God really exists! And you can find Him if you surrender yourself completely!" and you will come to know that

enlightenment comes with a blast.

(see my avatar)

#8December 12th, 2006 · 03:50 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
You should never listen to scientists!!!

Remember what the followers of Jesus say, Only the Bible speaks the truth!!! AAAaaaaaaa!

I heard somewhere that they uncovered a mural of a single man with his arms open wide and a corona, in the corona were the letters YHS (or something similar), the only problem was that the mural dated back to way before any Christianity raised it's evil head.
And as they said if you add the Latinized 'us' after the letters you get 'Yhsus'.
The YHS means the fisherman and was a prophecy of the coming of the Piscean age, which we are now leaving.
We are now entering the Aquarian age, and will be here for the next 2000 years. So you better like it

This little story of mine is what is behind the title of my lyric  'Yes Yes Yes us Yesus'
#9December 12th, 2006 · 04:33 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
ah, the age of Aquarius! hoo rah...

I have never heard of that story before, but I would have been more impressed if the corona was shaped like a TV and the letters read "VHS". That would have prophecized the coming of the Video era, which we have now left, to make place for DVD, but I doubt this will stay for the next 2000 years. I am looking forward to what comes next, though I am not sure I am going to like the price tags involved.

I liked the Video 2000 system much better than VHS though, being superior in quality - and you could flip the cassette over to record & play the other side... And now we have double layer DVD and they're STILL on ONE side
#10December 12th, 2006 · 07:30 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
wow
I found this whole thread deeply disturbing... And the poem is not funny, even from an ironic point of view.. It just is weird, and not making much sense...

I guess I just don't find the humor in any of it....

JimK
#11December 12th, 2006 · 10:28 PM
1 posts
Canada
I can't say this joke is funny, but i agree that you need a sense of humor in everything.  We need more borats in the world.
#12December 12th, 2006 · 10:47 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Hey guys... you all talk about Jesus and God as they are proved to be a lie.  Just don't be so sure ok?  And there's people here that will be offended by your comments.

Now, I don't belive, but I can't say I'm right about that... or wrong, I just think it's better for me.
#13December 13th, 2006 · 02:06 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
IMO people who clamp themselves so tightly to a concept they aren't capable of understanding very well, and hanging their entire self-confidence to it to the point of showing irrationate and uncontrollable aggression toward anyone who opposes this concept, needs serious help.

"God" IS a very interesting concept, if I talk about God I give it the following definition: God is the sum of all things, all that was, and ever will be. It is the mechanism of metaphysics. It's not a person, it may possess some kind of intelligence, or atleast something we, feeble mankind, recognize as intelligence, but it certainly isn't a bald old man with a beard. If you were an almighty God, would you allow yourself to grow bald? Or grey?

Jesus probably lived. And he was a freedom fighter with a vision - got himself quite a following, the rest is history. But these miracles they speak of, I really don't believe much about that.
#14December 13th, 2006 · 02:49 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Re: "Funny" Poem
ok...

this is disappointing.

I don't take any severe offense to the poem, but I don't think it should be accepted in a place like this. I mean, I know it's meant to be funny, but there's a right and a wrong time and place for this type of joke. think about it... posting something this racy and blasphemous in a public forum? so you wanted to start a discussion... what kind of discussion? you posted a poem involving religion and race... combined... this is not how you start a discussion. this is how you piss people off. Kine, persecute me for judging, but to put it lightly, this action was immature and stupid.

and to whom this may concern... no offense, but why is this here? what the f does this have to do with music??? I'm disappointed...
#15December 13th, 2006 · 02:56 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
I don't care who wrote it. it's just the fact that you posted it that confuses me. how can you actually find humor in this? there are plenty of racial and religious jokes out there (that are equally offensive to certain people) but that are also actually humorous. this is just childish and dumb.
1 2

Server Time: May 17th, 2024 · 11:54 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.