1 2 3

#1May 12th, 2012 · 03:39 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Get well soon.......Denis
Just found out ...poor guy flat out on his back for a few days with back muscle spasm....
Will get better....I thought it was a bit quiet !!!
Keep taking the waters
Soo n fish
#2May 12th, 2012 · 06:23 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Get well soon.......Denis
swordfish wrote…
Just found out ...poor guy flat out on his back for a few days with back muscle spasm....
Will get better....I thought it was a bit quiet !!!
Keep taking the waters
Soo n fish
Thanks swordie - thank goodness I have an iPhone, I'm Still able to go on bandAMP
It's not possible to listen to music using the wimpy player, but I found out that you can listen to music using the download button
The spasm I have is more than likely from poor posture, I spend too much time on PCs.
Did some research on posture and going to ask by boss to invest in a new desk for me and screen.
I'm contactable on Skype if anyone wants a video/telephone communication.
My Skype name is denis.ahmet via an iPhone app - the wonder of technology.
#3May 12th, 2012 · 09:04 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Sorry to hear about that back problem, Denis! Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!
#4May 12th, 2012 · 03:54 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Bandamp has a little button in the top right corner. which creates an m3u list for download. Using the proper player on your mobile you'll probably get the chance to listen this stream.

Get well soon, Denis!
#5May 12th, 2012 · 04:49 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Its quiter here indeed! all the best Denis!
#6May 12th, 2012 · 07:53 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
battlecat wrote…
Sorry to hear about that back problem, Denis! Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!
Thanks BC:)
#7May 12th, 2012 · 07:59 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Bandamp has a little button in the top right corner. which creates an m3u list for download. Using the proper player on your mobile you'll probably get the chance to listen this stream.

Get well soon, Denis!
Not clear on m3u button, is that not the blue download button I mentioned earlier. What does it look like, exactly where would I find it
#8May 12th, 2012 · 08:08 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MaxdB wrote…
Its quiter here indeed! all the best Denis!
The only other time I don't have a guitar in my hand is when I'm on holiday and that's about a week. It's better I rest my arms, as I'm pretty sure I have repetative strain injury. When I go back to it, it will be a great feeling, it could spark off some new creative stuff - hope it does anyway:)
#9May 12th, 2012 · 08:58 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
I had to deal with that ages ago , first one then the other wrist, I learned not to overstress anymore, and more important, warming up!
I have some chromatic exercises from a little book which trains the fingers without stressing it, starting SLOW and only speed up when your playing relaxed and well prepared, gets your fingers warm in 10 minutes!
I've been told to keep using the hand,  without pain, just not overstress.., i overcame it.
Sparkle later, the Amp is still there 
#10May 13th, 2012 · 05:00 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
You'll find the m3u button here:

#11May 13th, 2012 · 07:09 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea! Denis pain in the back is a pain is the  ... ass !

Laughter is good for all qualms

What kind of shoes do you ware? I also have back pains, indeed too much sitting and sleeping on my stomach and walking with my pelvic bone curved back and thus not straight. So all my shoes have inner soles usually from a good pair of trainers ... where the arch of your foot is supported. Obviously getting a specially made set is better.

How you walk, your posture, has a lot to do with it.

Yes m3u's are excellent , yet very little known about .... it's a text file with a list of addresses to web based mp3's, in other words a playlist ... so you have to open the m3u file with a media player, your iphone might do it automatically ... and it will play the list like an album.
Like TK shows you the Archive m3u will be all the songs on that page. You download a small text file and stream the songs without having to download them I think.

Any road, get well you old codger ... go for a brisk walk when you can ... or .. have loads of sex ... or .. something pleasantly energetic like that ....
#12May 13th, 2012 · 10:28 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Ui ui ui, I donīt like to hear such bad news, Denis. Guess, we "elder statesmen" as kings (and a few more oldies here) and me do know about a lumbago, your pain and limited mobility. Have had myself 2 surgeries on discal prolapses 15 and 10 yrs ago.  
Such "events" may be the price for the upright walk of homo sapiens and the physical degeneration of our "civilized" life . 
Wish you all the best, Denis. Get well soon.

@ Kings : When a "witch shoots your back" (Hexenschuss in german), having sex is nearly impossible (at least no fun). Cuz you canīt move your pelvis the way you need for decent sex.   
But everyone might find a way if he urgently wants .  

U.L.I.
#13May 13th, 2012 · 01:12 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
You'll find the m3u button here:

Unfortunatley my iPhone does not work with m3u
I get as far a play button, when I press it says unrecognised or similar. It's a similar to the button when I select download button, which indeed plays, but not all songs by members are downloadable.
Any ideas on how to get it to work.
#14May 13th, 2012 · 02:02 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MaxdB wrote…
I had to deal with that ages ago , first one then the other wrist, I learned not to overstress anymore, and more important, warming up!
I have some chromatic exercises from a little book which trains the fingers without stressing it, starting SLOW and only speed up when your playing relaxed and well prepared, gets your fingers warm in 10 minutes!
I've been told to keep using the hand,  without pain, just not overstress.., i overcame it.
Sparkle later, the Amp is still there  :star:
My writs are giving problems too. For some time my right wrist was impossible to use to get me out of a bath, thought nothing of it at the time, just thought it would heal it self. A couple of weeks ago I then felt stain in the tendons on the back of my right hand (bear in mind I'm left handed), also holding notes on the fretboard was proving to be a slight stain.
Then on Sat 5th I felt a strange feeling to the nerves at the top of my spine, by the evening I developed pain in my shoulder, back and arm.
It's worst sitting down, even now writing this on my iPhone is difficult.
Jesus I have not played my guitar for over a week.
Today I went for a walk, cleaned two cars, mowed the lawn, keeping active standing up actually helps.
The doctor has told me that it's a spasm, but I don't understand how a spasm can cause so much pain in neck, shoulder and arm, arm being the worst, I can even detect the nerve and it's path down my arm.
I 'm going to look at getting alternative therapy
#15May 13th, 2012 · 02:40 PM
1 threads
73 posts
United States of America
Sorry to hear you're down...but at least you're not out!  Get well soon!
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:37 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.