#1February 19th, 2010 · 06:29 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
bandAMP Donations
Where are bandAMP donations being held now, I believe jimDATman set it up?
Donations would be helpful to market 'The AMP Vol I'
#2February 20th, 2010 · 01:47 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
The link behind the donation button is closed
We could redefine a new donation system

http://forum.bandamp.com/The_Pit/26755.html
#3February 20th, 2010 · 03:50 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Is it possible to open an account for bandAmp where there is either transparency for the members or a few members have control/consent of the account?

And if say a member were to do something like sell bandAmp t-shirts (with a nice thread with pics etc),it could be set up that the payments go directly into a bandAmp account.

But not like the proceeds of the Vol 1 album, they go straight to the Charity ? Yes No ?

Except for the costs, they must be subtracted and payed out to Denis. But then the money HAS to first go on to a bandAmp account otherwise you wont see your costs back....not good business.

I think that if there is a central account... not directly a Donations account.......just an account in bandAmps name that a lot of ideas can be realised.

All ventures just point their Paypall buttons or whatever to the bandAmp account.

You know what I think, I think JimK should pass the access code/pass of the account to TK and TK somehow writes it into a (php) part of the site so that whoever is actually in charge, real time, of the site has charge of the account. This way the site it's self carries it's own access to it's own account......so that if TK theoretically dies tomorrow (heaven forbid) the site and it's funding can carry on regardless.

Ideally there would be 6 people involved at any given time; 2 Admins 4 Mods.
In a perfect world it would be integrated into the site, that whoso ever holds these positions at the time automatically become 'guardians' of the account.
But back in the ideal world, all financial decisions/ payments have to be consented by at least 3 of the 6.

There must be more than one involved in the account so as to ensure accountability, but you also cant expect all involved to be present every time a decision has to be made.   

There's loads of holes in this idea but it keeps the discussion going I hope

#4February 20th, 2010 · 06:54 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I'm not so concerned of my costs, I don't think it will be too much to launch the album, but yeah funds to promote the album is a must if we want it to succeed. Need to do a lot of research or simply speak with a trusted expert on how to market it properly and effectively.

Where there's money concerned, we must trust each other and treat like a partnership or have a Chairman. Then we become a business? Or we could, don't know how, become a registered charity, a non profit organization, I like the idea of that.

Great ideas Kings - I'm no expert in dealing with such things, so I trust your ideas. But yeah I hope this thread builds, it could do WONDERS for bandAMP
#5February 20th, 2010 · 07:07 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I don't know about becoming a non profit organization... BandAMP is not that.
We can do charity and that kind of stuff but becoming and organization don't match with BandAMP, in my opinion.
Maybe I'm wrong and this would actually be a great idea, but I don't know...
Anyway, about donations. I would donate, if I had a job and a credit card , but sadly I'm just a student. Things are totally different here in Chile hahaha.
Guys I trust you, well most of you. The "old" members, the ones that had stayed here on BandAMP no matter what. So anything in the benefit of us is welcome!

> Iszil
#6February 21st, 2010 · 03:59 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
This what I'm getting at, either it has to be set up as a business with clear water tight agreements or we should carry on what Mud had in mind in one of his last posts...that bandAmp becomes a .org (organization). I think he said it has big benefits to be a .org, you become a charity and there fore your out side some US law etc I think....but I also dont know for sure.
But whatever we do has to be 'connected' to the site so that members can move on but the site remains self sufficient, this is again in an ideal world but it must be possible.
#7February 21st, 2010 · 04:16 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
I don't know about becoming a non profit organization... BandAMP is not that.
We can do charity and that kind of stuff but becoming and organization don't match with BandAMP, in my opinion.
Maybe I'm wrong and this would actually be a great idea, but I don't know...
Anyway, about donations. I would donate, if I had a job and a credit card , but sadly I'm just a student. Things are totally different here in Chile hahaha.
Guys I trust you, well most of you. The "old" members, the ones that had stayed here on BandAMP no matter what. So anything in the benefit of us is welcome!

> Iszil

You could always promote the album, this would be making  money for the charity, try and get some airplay at local radio stations ETC, I will be starting a new thread soon, every member will be able to contribute, rich, poor or indifferent.
#8February 21st, 2010 · 04:24 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
This what I'm getting at, either it has to be set up as a business with clear water tight agreements or we should carry on what Mud had in mind in one of his last posts...that bandAmp becomes a .org (organization). I think he said it has big benefits to be a .org, you become a charity and there fore your out side some US law etc I think....but I also dont know for sure.
But whatever we do has to be 'connected' to the site so that members can move on but the site remains self sufficient, this is again in an ideal world but it must be possible.

Perhaps the simple thing would be to contact MUD, with new developments in the fore, it may inspire him to get invloved, why not send him a PM, or ask TK for his email.

I think your idea is a great way forward!!

Can we keep this thread ALIVE, this could fuel the AMP into a new dimension.
#9February 21st, 2010 · 05:15 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Seams to me the only obstacle that we'll come to that really need working out well, because if an account is present and functioning SOO many other things will just start to happen....an account is not the b all and end all of it and not necessarily a necessity just a very useful tool.
A lot can and will be done purely from members own initiative and effort and probably costs, but that will lead to making it real.

Contacting Mud ? ........does any one speak Hippopotamus?
#10February 21st, 2010 · 08:29 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I am not sure about what had happened behind mud's scenes. But before we get into something weired, please read this thread first.. it's from 2007

Power To The People

btw.
I used the search function to dig this out
#11February 22nd, 2010 · 01:50 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
LOL look at how beefy tritons name is now. im guessing cause hes a mod? awesome
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 6:57 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.