#1February 2nd, 2010 · 03:46 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Battle Prize.....
Well there isnt one at the moment......

Discuss...............

bearing in mind a new regime for the battle is iminent.....

I have an idea ...............
#2February 2nd, 2010 · 03:47 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
free headphones
#3February 2nd, 2010 · 04:16 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hmm how about the winner's song is included in a annual bandAMP album published on tunecore.
We could have an annual BandMP album. I could upload it, I have an account with them. All proceeds split between the artists.
We could have quarterly and annual prizes too, for what ever
I wonder if the donation thing is working, JimDAtman was in control of it. I don't mind puting in money to support it, It cost about $35.00 to launch an album published by Tuncore, sold on iTunes, Amazon and more if you want.
#4February 2nd, 2010 · 05:00 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
The winner gets a place on a best of album has been talked of before.....I wouldn't start the discussion again if I was you Denis....Just DO IT! lol
You seam to have sussed the Album releasing on-line thing pretty well.

If it's about the money I'd rather send you something Denis to help you with what you're doing, literally,
I'm not so into a pot where money goes in and nothing gets done and the only person 'in control'......has disappeared.

The only problem I have with a prize like "win a place on our next album" is that in reality the "winning song" would actually be the first song that you want to put on a 'best of bandAmp' album !!
#5February 2nd, 2010 · 05:54 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
maybe we could eventually work up to the whole getting published on the bandamp album, but I think we should start smaller because we are trying to revive the battle once again.

whats your idea swordy
#6February 3rd, 2010 · 02:40 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
The winner gets a place on a best of album has been talked of before.....I wouldn't start the discussion again if I was you Denis....Just DO IT! lol
You seam to have sussed the Album releasing on-line thing pretty well.

If it's about the money I'd rather send you something Denis to help you with what you're doing, literally,
I'm not so into a pot where money goes in and nothing gets done and the only person 'in control'......has disappeared.

The only problem I have with a prize like "win a place on our next album" is that in reality the "winning song" would actually be the first song that you want to put on a 'best of bandAmp' album !!

I didn't make my idea clear, The winner each month on the battle is included in the annual bandAMP album, thus 12 songs, pretty simple eh. So yeah, so long as the artists are happy with that, I'll SIMPLY DO IT...lol

So hopefully by next month the battle system will be up and running properly, I'm not worried about the money, if nobody chips in, I'll pay for it.

I think Fais will finish the project he was working on after seeing his post today.

It's all good, lets KEEP IT UP!!
#7February 3rd, 2010 · 06:24 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis wrote…
I didn't make my idea clear, The winner each month on the battle is included in the annual bandAMP album, thus 12 songs, pretty simple eh. So yeah, so long as the artists are happy with that, I'll SIMPLY DO IT...lol
Now understood! Yes very good idea. The 12 winners would be the best of.....

I also liked faises project and I do hope Denis you can point him in the right direction for marketing his bandamp compilation on line.

If there is an 'income' involved in all these projects then I also think the 'pot' / account should be discussed seriously, there is already money donated to bandAmp out there in "someone else's pocket and not in bandAmp" land.
Though I dont think we can do much if Denis or fais decide to go and live in the Bahamas on the proceeds!!

This is the problem with a site with so many positive members but no central pivotal point and owner
#8February 3rd, 2010 · 12:34 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
could the proceeds somehow be split to each winning artist? could we put the proceeds into the donation bin on bandamp? how do we know there wont be theivery? (not accusing anything, just saying that anything can happen)

if we can get everything worked out to a tee thisll be awesome
#9February 3rd, 2010 · 03:14 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Umm A best of album is a good idea. Since the one I'm doing isn't rly a best of more just a comp album. I was going to fund it....becauase money wise it wudnt be a problem for me. But if ppl "trust" Denis more then I wouldn't mind. Typing on an iPhone sucks.
#10February 3rd, 2010 · 03:34 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
fais54 wrote…
Umm A best of album is a good idea. Since the one I'm doing isn't rly a best of more just a comp album. I was going to fund it....becauase money wise it wudnt be a problem for me. But if ppl "trust" Denis more then I wouldn't mind. Typing on an iPhone sucks.
Hope you didn't take my comment above about giving Denis money as questioning someones trust ?.........well ! I am......but not your trust.....if you had mentioned money on your compilation thread and come up with the very real points that are made here I would gladly send you some money to help a 'serious' bandAmp project.

There is a 'donate' button on the front page, I dont think it works now, when it did people donated money....the member in charge of all that, bless his soul, has not been seen for donkey ears, which is a shame because he is missed and the money too....especially when things start to pick up with the site...battles, searches, prizes etc
#11February 4th, 2010 · 05:35 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
hey! Sorry I havent been around.. Swordfish tracked me down, and told me you all were wondering about the donations.. well I was wondering too, since I hadnt checked on it in ages.. well, turns out the account is locked to to inactivity, since there were no funds being delivered to it in a long time.. And I think they charged the account fees for something.. I'm looking into it.. looks like there is only a balance of $38.81 in it right now.. I will let you know what I find out.. I think they must be crazy if they think they can charge us for not using the account.. I dont know.. But I Had a heck of a time getting that info since it's locked..  I am waiting for a call back in the next day or so to see what is going on..  and what can be done.. I hope we can get it opened back up... There wasnt much in it originally if i remember right, but it was more than $38...  So we will see what they say...
#12February 4th, 2010 · 06:40 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
hey! Sorry I havent been around.. Swordfish tracked me down, and told me you all were wondering about the donations.. well I was wondering too, since I hadnt checked on it in ages.. well, turns out the account is locked to to inactivity, since there were no funds being delivered to it in a long time.. And I think they charged the account fees for something.. I'm looking into it.. looks like there is only a balance of $38.81 in it right now.. I will let you know what I find out.. I think they must be crazy if they think they can charge us for not using the account.. I dont know.. But I Had a heck of a time getting that info since it's locked..  I am waiting for a call back in the next day or so to see what is going on..  and what can be done.. I hope we can get it opened back up... There wasnt much in it originally if i remember right, but it was more than $38...  So we will see what they say...

Okay  ............thanks jim for letting us know about the account ............

fish
#13February 5th, 2010 · 11:32 AM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
kings wrote…
fais54 wrote…
Hope you didn't take my comment above about giving Denis money as questioning someones trust ?.........well ! I am......but not your trust.....if you had mentioned money on your compilation thread and come up with the very real points that are made here I would gladly send you some money to help a 'serious' bandAmp project.

There is a 'donate' button on the front page, I dont think it works now, when it did people donated money....the member in charge of all that, bless his soul, has not been seen for donkey ears, which is a shame because he is missed and the money too....especially when things start to pick up with the site...battles, searches, prizes etc

I didn't take it in a negative way, I get what you're saying. I don't need you to send me any money, thanks  I am/was (there is some behind the scene things going on at the moment) going to fund it myself, which is why the topic of 'money' was never brought up in my thread.  Also, I think random albums every year may be overkill. I liked the Volume 1, 2, 3 etc. idea someone else had. I understand everyone has their own 'dream' comp. album - but we have to keep our priorities in tact.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:27 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.