1 2 3
#31March 24th, 2010 · 07:46 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
First of all I want to Thank TK...  .... for doing a outstanding job. You really held the Amp together Carsten..Way to go my friend. We would have been lost without you. And that's a understatement.

I can offer my help to Kings and Battlecat in some kind of way if needed. I know I haven't been as active as I use to be. A lot has to to do with some minor health issues. This is the first summer in 3 yrs that I'm not recovering from a surgery. I have been working on my music but, not as much as I would like to. Now that I'm about back to being 100% healthy I think that will change & I should be more active here on the Amp. I've noticed that things have been picking up on the Amp. That's a good sign. We use to have a very busy site at one time. I've noticed that the Battles are picking up also with the votes and songs. Another good sign.

I have a few questions. Some of us made donations to the site. What ever happened with the donations?
Also...If Mud does not want to be involved with the site & his GF demands that he is not bothered by us then why does he still have his paws on the server and in control of it. He could just shut us down one day if he decides to....right?

I'm not one to do any sort of programming or any technical work to the site. But, like I stated earlier, Kings & BattleCat. If you need any help and If I'm able to accomplish what is needed, feel free to ask me.
If you need to get in touch with me it would be best to email me at this email address Kings, Battlecat & anyone else...

Flyer7747@gmail.com

Lets get Bandamp Rockin & a Rollin once again. 
#32March 24th, 2010 · 11:43 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: .
FLYER7747 wrote…
First of all I want to Thank TK...  .... for doing a outstanding job. You really held the Amp together Carsten..Way to go my friend. We would have been lost without you. And that's a understatement.

I can offer my help to Kings and Battlecat in some kind of way if needed. I know I haven't been as active as I use to be. A lot has to to do with some minor health issues. This is the first summer in 3 yrs that I'm not recovering from a surgery. I have been working on my music but, not as much as I would like to. Now that I'm about back to being 100% healthy I think that will change & I should be more active here on the Amp. I've noticed that things have been picking up on the Amp. That's a good sign. We use to have a very busy site at one time. I've noticed that the Battles are picking up also with the votes and songs. Another good sign.

I have a few questions. Some of us made donations to the site. What ever happened with the donations?
Also...If Mud does not want to be involved with the site & his GF demands that he is not bothered by us then why does he still have his paws on the server and in control of it. He could just shut us down one day if he decides to....right?

I'm not one to do any sort of programming or any technical work to the site. But, like I stated earlier, Kings & BattleCat. If you need any help and If I'm able to accomplish what is needed, feel free to ask me.
If you need to get in touch with me it would be best to email me at this email address Kings, Battlecat & anyone else...

Flyer7747@gmail.com

Lets get Bandamp Rockin & a Rollin once again.  :D
FLYER ... it's been too long.
Really glad your back on top of your health issues....too much attention can also have it's tole, the body and the mind need a lot of rest, also from from the good guys.
We need a hand with a few things Flyer....firstly we need someone to start uploading some good old original R&R into the Audio Review, I'm sure thats something you could deal with.
And secondly as always bandAmp needs browsing eyes 'to keep a look out for those naughty spammer types!
Otherwise it's just a matter of watching the grass grow.....LOL

Flyer PX Marino Spoon ..... All great names from the great book......are you guys going to be part of the great design again?      
#33March 24th, 2010 · 11:49 AM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I feel like things have been pretty quiet around here lately...
#34March 24th, 2010 · 05:04 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
re: .
FLYER7747 wrote…

Flyer7747@gmail.com

Lets get Bandamp Rockin & a Rollin once again.  :D
So good to hear from you again, Flyer - and I look forward to seeing more of you around these parts. You can bet I will be calling on you when the time comes, but for now, it's just good to see you up and about and back online!
#35March 24th, 2010 · 07:43 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Kings

I can keep an eye out for spammers...no problem...as far as uploading RR in to the Audio forum...I have been working on a new tune...& its close to a final cut...& thanks for the nice welcome back....I think things are going to start picking up on the Amp...just a hunch

BC

Thanks buddy...Its good to finally be back in good health & not recovering from a surgery in the spring/summer for the last 3 yrs...Like I said. If I can be of help just say the word. I'll be more than happy to.
#36May 12th, 2010 · 10:28 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
fais54 wrote…
I feel like things have been pretty quiet around here lately...

lol what the crap
#37May 13th, 2010 · 05:05 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Jobs On BandAMP
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Times are changing even the personal interests. It's long time ago that our moderators have been seen on this channel. And they did a fantastic work. Thank you for doing great jobs, JimK and PX!
But like I said: times are changing...

...actually there is no mod, ok I tried to do some work like this last few weeks, but I can't do all the things at the same time. And it's a question of time how long it's possible for me to do those programmings. I enjoy to keep BandAMP alive and messing around with the site's code. But by getting a new job (only God knows when or where this might be) I can buy me food finally.

And so I came to following thoughts:

What BandAMP needs:

One or better two loyal mods
- Keeping posts and pictures clean
- Doing some maintenance jobs
- Care about abusing things, rules breaking (members, music, "netiquette")
- Smoothing down differences (members, chats, discussions)
- you can easily fill up this list with your own statement/s

One person for editorials
(see it as a contact person for public or a press officer)
- Writing Newsletters (i.e. report of the last battle winners, new functions of the site, members interviews, follow their interests etc. etc. etc.)
- Reporting about News of the musical world outside (new instruments, gear, superstars)
- Rewriting our FAQs, Rules, Abouts and Licenses
- Creating graphics (Banners, Icons, Flash(movies))

One person with technique skills
- Linux
- PostgreSQL 8.3
- Apache 2.2
- PHP 4/5 (HTML, Javascript)

By coming to this point, I must tell you, that no one else but Mud has the hands on the server.
The hardware is hosted somewhere in USA, there is no mirror system afaik.
It's quite easy to push the power button and set the server to "off".
On the other hand the community has not to pay for webspace, services, access etc.

But I have no idea ...

...what happens when
- the server / hardware crashes
- power fails
- database breaks up
- the site is hacked (firewall, spamming etc.)

or

...who
- repairs the hardware
- turns the power on
- restores the database (is there a backup storage system?)
- cares about updates/upgrades

If I'd die tomorrow, there isn't anyone with this knowledge. So I can't do it alone!
Mud (or was it really his girl friend via Skype chat just a few days ago?) seemed to be overwhelmed by getting him involved with the site again. I was pleased not to ask him again in the future to prevent him from breakdowns.
And we saw what those halfhearted "programmers" like downchuck or slasherx did by setting up the server or incomplete upgrading the database.
The last official message via BandAMP was that he was setting up a non-profit organization with BandAMP. !?!?!?

btw, we are talking about voluntary jobs now

BandAMP it's up to you now and your powerful members

Thanks for not stop reading so far

Can I make the tea
and occasionally water the plants???
#38May 13th, 2010 · 07:37 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: re: Jobs On BandAMP
swordfish wrote…
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Times are changing even the personal interests. It's long time ago that our moderators have been seen on this channel. And they did a fantastic work. Thank you for doing great jobs, JimK and PX!

...actually there is no mod, ok I tried to do some work like this last few weeks, but I can't do all the things at the same time. And it's a question of time how long it's possible for me to do those programmings. I enjoy to keep BandAMP alive and messing around with the site's code. But by getting a new job (only God knows when or where this might be) I can buy me food finally.

What BandAMP needs:

- Writing Newsletters (i.e. report of the last battle winners, new functions of the site, members interviews, follow their interests etc. etc. etc.)
- Reporting about News of the musical world outside (new instruments, gear, superstars)

- Linux
- PostgreSQL 8.3
- Apache 2.2

By coming to this point, I must tell you, that no one else but Mud has the hands on the server.
On the other hand the community has not to pay for webspace, services, access etc.

But I have no idea ...

...what happens when
- power fails
- database breaks up

or

...who
- repairs the hardware
- turns the power on

If I'd die tomorrow, there isn't anyone with this knowledge. So I can't do it alone!
Mud (or was it really his girl friend via Skype chat just a few days ago?) seemed to be overwhelmed by getting him involved with the site again. I was pleased not to ask him again in the future to prevent him from breakdowns.
And we saw what those halfhearted "programmers" like downchuck or slasherx did by setting up the server or incomplete upgrading the database.
The last official message via BandAMP was that he was setting up a non-profit organization with BandAMP. !?!?!?

Can I make the tea

Two sugar`s and milk please, and most of the plants have been banned !   
#39May 13th, 2010 · 11:00 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
re: re: re: Jobs On BandAMP
kings wrote…
swordfish wrote…
TritonKeyboarder wrote…

What BandAMP needs:

- Linux
- PostgreSQL 8.3
- Apache 2.2

But I have no idea ...

...what happens when
- power fails
- database breaks up

or

...who
- repairs the hardware
- turns the power on

Can I make the tea

Two sugar`s and milk please, and most of the plants have been banned !    :razz:
Yeah, especially since we smoked them all up...(that little Ficas tree didn't go down so well, by the way....)
1 2 3
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 28th, 2024 · 9:29 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.