1 2 3

#16May 6th, 2009 · 07:02 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TheKunadiun wrote…
lol but something like this SHOULD work...and almost everything works for me now that everythings fixed! :D
Then you might indeed need to install a plug-in or just not use IE....but then again IE is the gimmick browser so these kinds of effect should just work.
#17May 6th, 2009 · 07:14 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
i tried it in firefox and it works
#18May 6th, 2009 · 08:08 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
TheKunadiun wrote…
it doesnt work for me either

beautiful guitar denis :D
Yea but nothing works for you ! 

Are you still on about the mouseOver effect on the last guitar? Very nice effect ... if it played some chords or just notes as well I'd be really impressed Fiddlah.........cant you implement some kind of random sample trigger into the java applet ... so causing a ripple would strike a chord.    :razz:

Yes Kings buddy that can be implemented very easily.... it would be the same type of tag that is used to re-direct  when the guitar is clicked on, only it would trigger an mp3 instead.... *i'm pretty sure you follow that.
 As it is now, it just re-directs you to the exact same page... when my site was up and running a few years back it used to bring you to my home page... but I can easily do that guitar chord tag..... *hmmmmmm I'll work on it..... *Great idea , buddy !   *TY  

Denis, I dont know why your IE wont load the site,,, unless you have windows java disabled??  or it could be a dumb windows IE security issue, not allowing the applet to load. That's one of the main reasons I use Firefox. Anything is better then IE at this point in time.
#19May 6th, 2009 · 10:30 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
OK,
 ive been working on this dang site for a couple hours..... what it boils down to,,, is I know there is a way to click on the guitar to have for example  a chord or one of Denis's originals to play....
 But because I already have a java applet running on one of the photos of the guitar, I have not figured out how to implement both features on one guitar photo,,,,, although I know it can be done.. If there's a will there's a way, you know *s

So, now when you see the website the first guitar photo will direct link to bandamp's site (for an example)
 the second guitar photo will play a chord or  whatever you'd like..... I used only a small portion of a guitar lick from collective soul, so I did not break any copyright rules,,,,,, But the main important thing  that I'm trying to do is to show it can be done.... *Now only  to figure out how to implement  both on one guitar photo, but then again it wouldnt re-direct now, would it?  So my suggestion is to have a couple guitar photos.....  one that would re-direct to another page,  most likely within  the same website area, And then have another photo that would play an original song.....  * I hope this made sense

http://www.metrocast.net/~fiddlah/guitar.htm
#20May 7th, 2009 · 01:12 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
That is a nice guitar. Lefty huh???? lol, i dont see lefty guitars too often. but still a cool looking guitar.
#21May 7th, 2009 · 04:15 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Fiddlah : I'm just nosing around your source.....
You could do with some css matey it would give you all your font sizes, font colours and the (br) padding around your text. Which would make your page much 'lighter'.

so youd make a div or a span call it a class=whatever, put a  ' &nbs; ' in it and then define every aspect of it in css, even the background image, any javascript mouseOver and alike can still be put in the div/span tag.
It means a lot less code and a lot more control.......when you start making more pages with the same styles.

You could seriously take a look at the code that plays the sound when you open my deskTop home page......your effects and links work for me in FF, BUT I also got the option to 'save file as....' when I click the (now) last guitar with the mp3.
I presume you only want it to play on mouseOver or onClick.....making it a HREF will not do that. The best you can do with a HREF I believe is to command it to open the sound in the browsers player but in the right hand (explorer) column.
This is EXACTLY the problem I solved with the code that's on my page. It does need some explaining and it uses an M3U, but it works, I've posted links to it here

I dont recognize the applet code at all, is it an FF answer to Microsofts DXImageTransform effects?
#22May 7th, 2009 · 08:57 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
Fiddlah : I'm just nosing around your source.....
You could do with some css matey it would give you all your font sizes, font colours and the (br) padding around your text. Which would make your page much 'lighter'.

so youd make a div or a span call it a class=whatever, put a  ' &nbs; ' in it and then define every aspect of it in css, even the background image, any javascript mouseOver and alike can still be put in the div/span tag.
It means a lot less code and a lot more control.......when you start making more pages with the same styles.

You could seriously take a look at the code that plays the sound when you open my deskTop home page......your effects and links work for me in FF, BUT I also got the option to 'save file as....' when I click the (now) last guitar with the mp3.
I presume you only want it to play on mouseOver or onClick.....making it a HREF will not do that. The best you can do with a HREF I believe is to command it to open the sound in the browsers player but in the right hand (explorer) column.
This is EXACTLY the problem I solved with the code that's on my page. It does need some explaining and it uses an M3U, but it works, I've posted links to it here

I dont recognize the applet code at all, is it an FF answer to Microsofts DXImageTransform effects?

Hi Kings,
 I like your options on the site you led me to.    This site of mine is years old..... I really wasnt trying to update it,. I was simply trying to help Denis and show that it could be done i.e. ( playing a sound or a song by clicking on a guitar image). I know  my site , I could do so much more  with it..... that is actually the year 2000 technology *lol
 The pool-munu class java which is over the 1st guitar , I guess doesnt work for alot of modern browsers, besides FF... or maybe its a security issue with IE and Safari etc and setting need to be changed etc... I really dont know why. Also when I click on the 2nd guitar photo, I was getting an option to "open or save"... but i thought I used an "href" code within a  couple of other tags.... mine just plays, but it goes to the "No Video" page, which is no good as well.   I'm going to study  your codes and who knows maybe I'll update my own site    Thanks , pal !
Fid
#23May 7th, 2009 · 02:21 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Kings & fiddlah
Thank God you guys are around, this is all new to me, I expext I'll be asking a lot of questions to come, I'm sure there other members here too that know their stuff, TlS mus be the Website God I suspect having the massive task he set upon himself to re-do bandAMP,
What a fantastic comminity bandAMP is, I can't get enough of it.
Spoke to a pro photographer today who agrees taking the photo of my guitar in day light with clouds as I did, but use a white backround. I'm hoping  the weather conditions on Sunday will be OK, he also said that my Sony compact digital camera would be OK.

Thanks guys 
#24May 7th, 2009 · 05:09 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Hi Denis,,,,,,,,,
  I fixed my site today........ this may give you some Ideas......
 here is the main link to my home page... *geeeeeeesh   took me forever, cuz I havent updated it for 6-7 years..... anyways...
 This should work fine...... lemme know if there's any broken links....... I had to wrestle with the modern Java.... that was the problem all along....  Just to put it in layman's terms.... Sun Microsystems, who owns Java well they have been in  law suit after lawsuit with microsoft for years now...... so when Java changes, microsoft does not and visa versa...... becomes quite the headache..... but I was able to fix the problem......  you should see all the off-branches of my website from my home page now
~ Fid ~

http://www.metrocast.net/~fiddlah
#25May 8th, 2009 · 04:47 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Fiddlah wrote…
Hi Denis,,,,,,,,,
  I fixed my site today........ this may give you some Ideas......
 here is the main link to my home page... *geeeeeeesh   took me forever, cuz I havent updated it for 6-7 years..... anyways...
 This should work fine...... lemme know if there's any broken links....... I had to wrestle with the modern Java.... that was the problem all along....  Just to put it in layman's terms.... Sun Microsystems, who owns Java well they have been in  law suit after lawsuit with microsoft for years now...... so when Java changes, microsoft does not and visa versa...... becomes quite the headache..... but I was able to fix the problem......  you should see all the off-branches of my website from my home page now
~ Fid ~

http://www.metrocast.net/~fiddlah

Thanks for all your efforts Fidd, This sure will give me ideas building my own site.
Cheers
#26May 9th, 2009 · 07:30 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Feathering !
About 3 or 4 I'd say,
that's why you need a white background, a coloured bg reflects in the object.
So use your magic wand get the whole bg selected, using Shift and Ctrl to add and take away areas, zoom in and go around the guitar edge px by px if you have to.
Once you have the bg selected, invert it so that the guitar is selected, go to select/feathering and choose the amount of pxs wide you want the feathering, click ok.
Copy the selection, make a new layer, paste the selection, hide the bg layer ... and you should have a very smooth guitar.

#27May 10th, 2009 · 10:08 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Photo Three
OK, I've tried what Kings suggested, what do you think of this one?
The rating kings gave is for photo two, I deleted it by mistake...Oops

#28May 10th, 2009 · 11:09 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Looks good, Denis!
 I do notice a few small edge imperfections. I know when I try and  trace around the edge of a photo in photoshop or paintshop pro, I mess it up every time...... takes a surgeon's hand  imo.  But you certainly did better then what I could have done.... also, I wouldn't have noticed it at all most likely if I wasn't looking for it.
 Once its on a site, what you have done should be just fine.... like I mentioned  *Looks Good 
 *also that sure is one sweet looking guitar !!!!!!
Fid
#29May 10th, 2009 · 11:29 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Fiddlah wrote…
Looks good, Denis!
 I do notice a few small edge imperfections. I know when I try and  trace around the edge of a photo in photoshop or paintshop pro, I mess it up every time...... takes a surgeon's hand  imo.  But you certainly did better then what I could have done.... also, I wouldn't have noticed it at all most likely if I wasn't looking for it.
 Once its on a site, what you have done should be just fine.... like I mentioned  *Looks Good 
 *also that sure is one sweet looking guitar !!!!!!
Fid

Yep, there are a few imperfections, but as you said it's only if your looking for them, I may have one more go, this one is OK though I think
#30May 10th, 2009 · 11:33 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
If you ask me ..... you've feathered it from the selection you had, you have to get a smooth line even down to pixel level.
The bottom right hand curve on the body is quite nice just lacking depth because you've gone too far in, the whole right hand edge is still jagged.
The head is 'ok' just a little skew as you come down to the first fret, again because you've gone too far in with the feathering and your selection was a bit off so now it not only has lost the depth but to the eye it twists the object.

Try making icons.....zoom in 500% ... change a pixel ... zoom out to 100% ... look at it .... look at it some more .... zoom in 500% .... change a pixel ..... zoom out .. you get the picture ? lol

This pictures been taken inside.....it hasn't got any of the shine the first picture has.
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 4:58 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.