1 2 3
#31May 6th, 2009 · 01:13 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
Or "Put your spam in the marketplace...we might not hang you there!"...when we get such a forum.
Hmmmm...from time to time, it has been suggested to have a more lenient approach with spammers...but, using this guy as an example, his "business" is malevolent. I would prefer that we not condone this kind of business anywhere on the site, and that the site would take measures to ensure the safety of it's participants.Spammers are frequently malevolent (particularly when they propose service delivery of some type)and I have a hard time envisioning a possible positive outcome of allowing spammers on the site, in any capacity...but maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture (?)
#32May 6th, 2009 · 01:16 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
yeah i agree with you...i say we try and prevent it as much as possible, but when the few spammers do post, we get to come together and totally beat the crap out of them. its really what makes us a team lol
#33May 6th, 2009 · 03:14 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
PuppetXeno wrote…
kings wrote…
Or "Put your spam in the marketplace...we might not hang you there!"...when we get such a forum.

That sounds like a plan! Or make a spam subforum with a red icon with shark silhouettes... "Open for off-site band, product or service promoters, trolls also welcome, flaming allowed. Warning: opening a thread here or having your thread moved here by a moderator will publically display your email address, your IP and where possible, your home address and telephone number aswell. And your IQ score so we can all have a good laugh at you."

Not such a bad idea at all, if you tell people fair and square what happens to them if they spam the site then I suppose any 'privacy rights' have no meaning.......you spam us , we expose you klaar!

I do agree that these kinds of business scams should immediately have their accounts blocked, but there are different types of spammers and a place to put these things and other 'marketable' products has been discussed before.

It is true we do as a community have rather a fun time whacking the poor sods around the head a few times before showing them the door !!! LOL
#34May 6th, 2009 · 10:28 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
SpencerS Your an Idiot!!
What you gonna do huh? huh? Huh?

So is the S on Spencer"S" for sucks..Spencer sucks!!!!

Hey where that X box?Im having second thoughts!!!
#35May 8th, 2009 · 02:01 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
PuppetXeno wrote…
well i banned spencer quite immediately, so he hasnt had a chance to reply or delete his thread. kinda bad actually!

We should have a sticky topic on top of The Pit: "Do Not Spam ... Or Else!"

*sigh*

That would be sooo funny :P At least for beta, I'll make a forum for that :P
#36May 8th, 2009 · 02:56 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
on a serious note, although i really liked the account creation process of the beta site, it may really help if new accounts need to agree with a user agreement which should specifically point out the consequences of spamming, in big red letters and a picture of an angry Marino surfing lottery sites with YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. Or atleast a warning prior to account activation...
#37May 8th, 2009 · 12:45 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
lol. Good stuff. I still can't believe you guys went through 3 pages of replies about spamming and the consequences for it. lol
#38May 8th, 2009 · 03:20 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
M : I was just just checking out your insults........Came across a wonderful Wiki page of Spanish Profanity : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_profanity#Pendejo  

OK....mierda....yes.....por el culo......ok got that one......and pendejo...got that one too.........but what's metelo ?
The best I can find is a historic surname!
#39May 8th, 2009 · 08:21 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
on a serious note, although i really liked the account creation process of the beta site, it may really help if new accounts need to agree with a user agreement which should specifically point out the consequences of spamming, in big red letters and a picture of an angry Marino surfing lottery sites with YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. Or atleast a warning prior to account activation...

good idea.

I'll have a link to the terms dynamically appear if it detects that you're trying to sign up.
1 2 3
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 5:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.