1 2
#16April 6th, 2006 · 06:40 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
EducatedGuess wrote…
The stations pay ASCAP a pretty large monthly fee, along with a detailed listing of every song they've played on the radio for every day of that month. Every single commercial song is registered with ASCAP and they then divvy the money out in proportions relative to how much air play the artist of band received.

Artists definitely get money from air play.

- Chester

That's what I said, twice...  

JimK
#17April 6th, 2006 · 09:49 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I shouldn't have any problem if any station all over the world plays any of my songs. But at least I'd like to know they do, and also know if someone gets interested in my work...

> Iszil
#18April 7th, 2006 · 09:13 AM
20 threads / 18 songs
93 posts
United Kingdom
difficulties arise with musicians/creative audio artists that "ahem" sometimes "ahem cough cough" like to use "uncleared" samples of other artists within their work. I would defend to the hilt anything i personally have created within a community of artists such as bandamp and have enjoyed the open mindness of its users. Major recording artists (often guilty of such practices themselves) may not be as happy or as liberal minded as ourselves making the ethos of sharing all (downloading) somewhat of a legal risk.
  Though, personally i woudnt give two holes in my E.V.A suit (all publicity welcome) others could find unintentional use of an allready published lyric/song title musical phrase etc, regardless of awareness when written,  a cause of unesscesary legal trouble if broadcast to an audience other than those frequenting this site. Every track proposed for airplay would need legally vetting at the risk of having your arse sued off by some major record company.....my answer.....keep it simple, keep it fun...if, as an individual, you want more...get a contract.
Put it this way, how would any of us feel if we were to hear one of our own songs/creations completely ripped off and broadcast lining someone elses pocket? Made up...? I think not. How many of us would want to share our work as we love to at Bandamp? Hmm...to much grey...now excuse me while i delete my current track listing before i end up in jail....who would feed the lab animals then?
Nice thought though and with the best of intentions im absolutely sure...peace.
#19April 7th, 2006 · 06:20 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
well I found a post related to the issue of royalties, etc.

http://forum.bandamp.com/Feedback/13028.html

Mud hasnīt answer yet. I hope he can tell us something about this

and forget the posibility to hear you on radio, the laws related to Radio and TV in Mexico have change recently, no more public stations, unfortunatelly, no more rock

so, and the Podcast?

we have to pay too??

I need a lawyer... maybe JimK could be, he's good cooking, he have a recipe to beef stew... well I'm hungry, see you
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 2:54 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.