1 2

#1November 20th, 2006 · 04:59 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
'Not valid mp3' problem when uploading
I'm having a problem uploading my mp3's.

I've come across the "file already exists" problem, which I fixed by following the advice in this forum - Delete all strange symbols and spaces from titles of songs.

Ok no problem!

But now no one seems to have a solution to the 'Not valid mp3' problem.

I've cleaned out my cache
I've saved my original wave file as an MP3 with WMP, WaveLab, Nero and Audacity.
But still I get the red 'Not a valid MP3' warning every time

And it's not in MP3 Pro format.

Any suggestions would be welcome please!!!!!

You might have to PM me as at the moment the whole Magic of bandAmp has just gone down the plug hole for me.

My first posting on this subject was at the bottom of another older relevant thread, but it still might have some answers for somebody : http://forum.bandamp.com/Questions/17930.html
#2November 21st, 2006 · 06:26 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hmmm
Im lost

Flyer
#3November 21st, 2006 · 07:49 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea Cheers Flyer, got any other suggestions?

Or do you mean that you've ended up in the wrong thread? , there's a 'back' button up there.
#4November 21st, 2006 · 10:30 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
HEY..
Don't have a solution, cause I don't know what caused it yet either... but I am having the same problem...

I now can't upload any mp3's no matter what software I used to render tham...  but this only applies to using firefox browser...  when I switch to IE, I can upload just fine....  so, I am puzzled.... 

First time I had Internet Explorer work when Firefox didn't... 

JimK
#5November 23rd, 2006 · 07:43 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
29 posts
Netherlands
I had problems to to upload a mp3.
I did from my music production pc which is in a network.
So my guess is that if you upload trough a router or gateway that can cause the problem.
When i uploaded the mp3 on a pc with direct internet connection i had no problem's.
maby this will help.

Grtzz ScanVoice
#6November 24th, 2006 · 07:02 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Thanks for your suggestions and thoughts on the matter, I hadn't yet got round to trying IE to upload with, but then tonight IT WORKED AGAIN!!!!!

I've just uploaded a recording of my son at school : http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3711.html

I was not supposed to post that last song then, that must be it!
#7November 26th, 2006 · 08:26 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
OK, figure this, I've tried SOO much to get a song to upload, but I kept on getting the same "not a valid mp3".
I try to upload another 'song', 'my disruptive son' also saved with WaveLab and that worked so I tried my own song again and it wouldn't work and now I've just tried to upload it with Internet Explorer and it STILL doesn't work.

I don't expect any comments I'm just blowing off some steam at the source!
#8December 2nd, 2006 · 09:24 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
On to about the 20th time now!
OK NOW I AM OFFICIALLY PISSED OFF!!!!!

I've gone directly on line (not through a router) and tried to upload my new songs with FF and IE.

I've installed Audacity (thanks JimK) and Cool Edit Pro, and saved my MP3 in both of them (and other programs).

I've tried every combination I can think of but still I get 'Not valid mp3'.

The only other solution I can think of at the moment is for someone here to receive my MP3 and try to upload it through their system. If someone can help me out somehow I would be most grateful.

I have a vocal track I'd love some reaction too, but this shit that I'm getting from whatever decides that my MP3's are not valid is starting to burn me up!
#9December 2nd, 2006 · 10:24 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I really don't know... just tested uploading an mp3 (via firefox), seems fine over here. I'm using itunes to encode to mp3.

Hmm... What are the exact settings that you make?  What is the exact filename, song title, description, etc? Maybe there's something not right in there... You know odd characters won't work, MP3 PRO doesn't work, and you need to clear your browser cache everytime it cocks up... so... ?
#10December 2nd, 2006 · 01:49 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Thanks PX
Yes it seams to be one of those problems that no-body has an answer for!

I know about the 'odd characters' and I know about the mp3Pro issue, I've been cleaning out my cache and I've just downloaded iTunes, even though I loath anything QuickTime, saved the wave to MP3 in iTunes and tried it again in FF and IE but yes I keep on getting the same thing.

Fuck it!  

I love just being here and I can still comment and post lyrics, so I'll just have to leave it at that.

Thanks for the advice guys any ways.
#11December 2nd, 2006 · 07:05 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
IT will work... eventually.  Machines are like that, you know... just like women: just give it some time 
#12December 4th, 2006 · 07:59 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
YYYYYAAAAAAAHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It worked                            

aetheris : you are a very wise man

I saved it at 128kbps in iTunes and first tried FF with no luck, but then it just worked, as if there hadn't been any problem at all, in IE.

The first saved recording was at 160kbps. Though I don't think this has anything to do with it,

aetheris wrote…
just like women: just give it some time

probably had more to do with it
#13April 2nd, 2007 · 03:45 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Man, Im glad to hear that Im not the only one having this issue!  I cant upload anything! doesnt matter what I encode with or how I change the title! Im seriously getting tired of emailing my songs to helpful members so they can post for me!  Like Kings says, The magic of Bandamp has been temporarily lost!
#14April 2nd, 2007 · 08:59 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
Oh Well!!!
I tried uploading six or seven times.. the mp3 came out sounding like alvin and the chipmunks...   that makes about a dozen upload credits I've used up since I started..  marino and a few others heard what happened this afternoon.. I would appreciate some help and would appreciate the u/l credits back...
#15April 3rd, 2007 · 11:25 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I don't really know what the problem was to start with, it just worked for me after trying every trick in the 'forum', so I don't know why MAP cant upload, but your problem blueyes 'might' have something to do with the Sample rate and Bit resolution of your MP3s! Maybe!!!  
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:43 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.