1 2
#16April 4th, 2007 · 04:02 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Not valid mp3' problem when uploading
I Joined this site just yesterday because a friend of mine is a member and told me its a cool musician site..... well I Own a professional studio and about a bazillion encoding software packages and I know  my songs are true MP3 and NOT MP3Pro and my bitrate is perfect and everything is fine.. No router etc.... and I constantly get "File is not a valid MP3" and I Am Not going to use itunes Scr*w apple stuff in order to upload a simple mp3... If they do not fix their server problem handling mp3s I will be forced to leave as a member.... ps: anyone  know of a better site? This site  has pissed me off badly  *can ya tell?  LOL
#17April 5th, 2007 · 01:35 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: Not valid mp3' problem when uploading
Fiddlah wrote…
ps: anyone  know of a better site? This site  has pissed me off badly  *can ya tell?  LOL

this site may not be everything, but trust me there isn't any better, not by a long shot !

I don't know if you tried this but MAKE SURE you're using english characters only, no punctuation or other odd characters whatsoever. Maybe don't even use spaces, you can edit the song title after upload. I'm not sure about any of it but it might work (it might not).
#18April 5th, 2007 · 11:34 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Thank you PuppetXeno. the song does have two spaces in its name. Its a 3 word named song.... I will try that, otherwise I am lost , like I mentioned i have tried everything.... from bitrate to mp3 file size, I am not knocking the site. pls dont get me wrong, but it seems alot of folks have the same problem... I wont give up on the site. I will try to rectify the situation, but I will not be able to do so for a few days. I am in a business meeting as we speak regarding contract agreements with NBC Universal Films.. I do have my own website , I just thought it would be nice to converse with the many extremely talented folk on the site. Thank you again for the advise  *Peace,
John
#19April 6th, 2007 · 06:38 PM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
If you can email me the file, I'd like to give it a shot. I've had success uploading files for others when they couldn't. And no I didn't do anything special.
#20April 6th, 2007 · 11:09 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
90% of the time
and I do mean 90% of the time, It's actually something in the system of the person trying to upload the song.. I have tried everything, clearing cache, you name it, I double checked bit rate, etc, and nothing, re-booted the computer, and lo and behold, it worked...  Same with most people who have had this problem... Though I do not have this problem With any other site, I think it is too picky about the type of mp3 it looks for , and so, because of that, it makes it hard to upload sometimes....  I dunno if it can be changed easily, but to allow more variety in bitrate, and quality, would allow easier uploading....

JimK
#21April 7th, 2007 · 06:37 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Alvin and the Chipmunks
A problem of weird sounding music has been stated a couple of times by a few bods here.

When (if ) you do get your MP3 uploaded to this truly excellent music community site ( ) the music usually plays just fine, as it was recorded.  However, every now and then a bit of music does sound like it's either recorded by Alvin and his rodentia friends, or by someone doing scenes from the 6 million dollar man!  This is because of one thing, and one thing only: your MP3s are not encoded at a sample rate of 44.1 kHz (the standard for recording and transfer to CD).

Irrespective of bit-rate (I tend to use 160kbps, but have used 128kbps, with no problem) if the sample rate of the sound file is 48 kHz then it's going to sound slow and at 32 kHz it'll sound fast; but only when played from this site.  Download the song and the chances are it'll work just fine as your player should adjust automatically.

Of course, that doesn't help you to get the song on the site in the first place!
#22April 12th, 2007 · 04:26 AM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
Are you guys still having problems uploading songs and getting that specific error of it not being a valid mp3?
#23April 12th, 2007 · 02:19 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
OMG!!!!  I was able to post a track! I could almost kiss you, Slasher!  It appears(I say) appears to be resolved!!!!  THANK YOU!
#24May 4th, 2007 · 11:39 PM
10 threads / 9 songs
35 posts
United States of America
arg I'm having the same problem, i tired firefox and ie. I had this problem a long time ago and stopped using this site... memories are flushing back to that time reminding me why i stopped posting here.
#25May 10th, 2007 · 09:33 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
Shall I give up?
I have been trying to download a song all morning and everytime it sound like I'm on helium!
I've never had problem before but it's now getting on my nerve
I don't think I'm doing anything wrong but then I might
could do with some help there
I've used Mozilla as recommended but no luck
#26May 10th, 2007 · 05:43 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Vincent wrote…
I have been trying to download a song all morning and every time it sound like I'm on helium!
If you mean you've been trying to 'upload' a song and you sound like your on helium, then I'd say stop sucking those balloons!
And if that's not your problem then bit rate is , your song has to be a 128 bit, I think! I know the site is very particular about the format of mp3 it accepts.
#27May 10th, 2007 · 06:00 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
Thanks king but if i remember well in a previous thread you said that if nothing was working as it was today, using I tune to convert songs to MP3 was a pretty safe bet
I've uploaded songs before and never had a problem but today nothing seems to work I must admit I don't understand
#28May 27th, 2007 · 03:54 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
16 posts
United States of America
This is my first attempt at uploading a song to this website, and I keep getting that error!
It also tells me I already have a song with that title, even though I don't have any songs yet!
I used iTunes to encode the mp3 and am trying it with firefox.
#29May 27th, 2007 · 04:05 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
16 posts
United States of America
Okay, I just retried it using Safari, and the "invalid mp3" error went away. The other one is still there, though!
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 7:53 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.