1 2 3

#16November 22nd, 2006 · 06:22 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
If WillyDavidK doesn't mind I'd like to spam a link in to a comment that might help some people out in this thread : http://forum.bandamp.com/The_Pit/37656.html about getting Fruity Loops to work.
#17December 14th, 2006 · 09:07 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
re: re: yup it was .ace file
PsykoTroniK wrote…
toastedgoat wrote…
had to download winace to unzip it. basketcase helped me out last night. I got it installed but it says my registration expired and I need to re register with my name and password. or I can run it in demo mode . So I sill can't use it and save anything. oh well.

Ok I specifically joined this forum now because I myself use FL Studio and noticed that toastedgoat is in need of help here for which I believe I have the answer. Your FL Studio is obviously registered but now moans about expired registration. What you have to do to make it work is close FL Studio, go to your PC's date and change it lets say about 2 or 3 months back (depending on when you last worked with it and it was actually working), then launch FL Studio again. If it now doesn't moan about expiration then you're good to go. It seems to me that the registration is only valid for a certain amount of time. As for me, my AUTOEXEC.BAT file I've added with the dos based DATE command and the neccesary date in order to have my date the same every day I start my PC up. Why not, since my PC's date is pretty useless to me, I don't need it for any particular reason. Hence, the same thing happened to me.

Hope it helps you just the same.  :D
I went back a coupla years for that. Anyways, cheers for the FL trilogy!
#18August 27th, 2007 · 07:31 PM
1 threads
United States of America
thank you
i just got fl (my1st daw) and i'm glad i stumbled accross this.  it's the basic stuff that is the most important, and i appreciate you taking the time to write it out for the new kids like me.
#19August 29th, 2007 · 07:35 AM
5 threads
1 posts
Australia
MIDI imports
Can I ask any advice on what I can do to change the tempo of a midi drum filll once it's imported into the piano roll.   It seems to have originally been made at speed 100 whereas the rest of the song I'm putting together is 85 bmp. How would I permanently change it to 85?
#20August 29th, 2007 · 09:43 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Beebs : MIDI imports
Why don't you just change the samples pitch, by changing the 'pitch' or by taking it down a few notes in the keyboard editor until it sounds right. you can fine tune it in the 'channel settings' window.
You could also load it into the 'Slicer', that way you could keep the pitch/tone and get the right timing by tightening or widening the slices after you've exported them to the piano role.
Someone else might have other suggestions !!??
#21August 29th, 2007 · 09:57 AM
5 threads
1 posts
Australia
MIDI imports
Thanks Kings. Slicer seems like the go,     Sound of the toms is ok but speed at which it runs doesn't co-ordinate.  As there are thousands of good midi fills out there I would pressume this speed mis-match must crop up all the time??  Thks Beebs.
#22September 1st, 2007 · 04:09 AM
5 threads
1 posts
Australia
MIDI imports
One suggestion which has been put forth is to alter the timing in automation which will override the midi's speed. Seems interesting, must now read up on automation. Anyone know that procedure and think it'll work?
#23September 5th, 2007 · 08:51 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Yeah use the time stretch function in the channel settings...  That will keep you from having to change the pitch at all and you have the option of time stretching to match the bpm of the track..
#24November 9th, 2007 · 12:26 PM
1 threads
Denmark
WillDavidK,

Im so very very happy with you posts thanks alot, been looking everywhere for easy Tutorials on Fl, and its damn near impossible to find any that will work unless you already have some kind og background experience. These 3 golden pieces took me about 2 and a half hour of messing around and playing with it and it never got too complicated. Thanks alot sir!

I would love an indepth tutorial on the Piano roll and the mixer, and as izzy stated, some vocal tutorial as well. I play drums with a band here in denmark and ive been searching for an easy going software studio for testing out ideas and i surely founf what i was looking for here with the help of you. Enough for me to mingle around with ideas and simple enough that its not the "programming" part that takes me the longest part.

Once again Thanks alot David. And cheers for my first post :P
#25February 28th, 2008 · 03:07 PM
2 threads
1 posts
South Africa
great tutorials man.  much better than the help file in FL.  im a complete novice and this as really helped alot.  it would be nice if u could make a tutorial on recording external audio, guitar vocals etc. into FL.  i still dont quite get the mixer and recording thing but with these tutorials ill say im  on the right track.

thanks again man
cheers
#26June 9th, 2008 · 03:01 PM
6 threads
4 posts
United States of America
Automation envelope
I've been having trouble to put in fade in/fade out effects, and i've seen in the demos (FL8, specifically the "monolithic filter", as you can see in that demo, it got fade in/out as you listen and see the filter.....can any1 explain how to do this itty-grtty things that i have to do? ^^;
#27June 9th, 2008 · 03:03 PM
6 threads
4 posts
United States of America
very useful guide btw =]
#28September 1st, 2008 · 03:41 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
what software is this? can you download it for free?
#29September 2nd, 2008 · 02:47 AM
26 threads
86 posts
United States of America
Fl Studio (formerly titled Fruity Loops, tho some still refer to it as such) is a popular DAW (digital audio workstation) for producing generally computer generated and/or electronic music. It is also rather popular for those looking to do some basic recordings, or that are on a small budget. It is of particular interest to this forum because of the fact that most of the songs posted are created with FL Studio.

The tutorial is rather outdated (written using version 6...) but the basics are still largely the same, and you can download a free demo of the latest version from ImageLine's website http://www.flstudio.com (look for the discrete link at the very bottom that says 'download demo')
#30September 2nd, 2008 · 03:03 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Ah ok cool. Does the demo expire after like 30 days or something or how does that work?
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:06 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.