8 threads
34 posts
United Kingdom
Discuss!
#3December 20th, 2007 · 10:16 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
um well.......what exactly are you asking for?
#4December 20th, 2007 · 10:48 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Discusted, no wait discussed I mean
you have a guitar and play in a band ...cool , upload some music. lets hear what you got.
#5December 21st, 2007 · 05:20 AM
8 threads
34 posts
United Kingdom
Well we're pretty shit...and we have no songs because our drummer can never come round, I sing and I play guitar ...but I can't sing and play at the same time, yet. We'll probably be grunge...or heavy metal. My drummer likes all that emo shit, like My Homosexual Romance, Bullet For My (Male) Valentine, Fall Out Fags and Homo! At The Disco

And Oldies...I have no money...but if you have any guitars  you wanna recommend, I shall keep them in mind! It's just it's hard for me to find anything good because I'm left-handed, shops don't give a shit about us lefties! I will probably need the internet or something...know any good sites?
#6December 22nd, 2007 · 06:53 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Well
Mr. Schneider,

Let me first welcome you..  I am Jimk and am a Moderator here...  I am glad to see you are enjoying yourself here, but if you could, please ease up a bit on the language a bit..  This is a site for musicians, and that includes musicians who are underage..  So, we must consider their feelings, as well as the feelings of the parents of said minors..  I think we should be free to express ourselves yes, but within reason.. I mean honestly, there is no real reason one can't express themselves just as easily without the words that shall not be mentioned..  I mean just the mention of the words that shall not be mentioned gives me the willies.. oooohh, chills.. SO, let's not mention the words that shall not be mentioned again.. and just say, welcome and now, onto what your asking without asking, and the information I shall give you, without telling you anything..

You have a guitar, and don't like it, except you do like it, just don't like it as much as you might like something else that you don't know about yet.. so therefore your wanting people to tell you what you'll like, maybe, so that maybe if you get the money, you might buy something that someone thinks you'll like better than what you have...  ok, so go to musicians friend, and buy a decent epiphone, since your a les paul person..  BUt I would buy a Fender Strat, MIM, oh wait, I did, and I like it...  I too am left handed, but play right handed.. it makes it easier to shop... I also have an old Les Paul copy.. Mine is a 70's Hondo II and it plays very well, sounds great too...  I also have an Oscar Schmidt 335 copy.. it plays well, and sounds good...  But I am still a folky at heart, so play my acoustics much more...  but I wont tell you that....  Because that might make you want to go acoustic and everything, and then play more emo style music like this: http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/5206.html  

Then where will you be??  You'll be like your emo loving drummer who doesn't come around anymore because ya'll are emo bashers.. and you make him feel inferior with your non-emo selves.. typical English grungers..  You should be flogged with a wet noodle and sent to a guitar seminar with George Michael...

JimK
#7December 22nd, 2007 · 08:00 PM
8 threads
34 posts
United Kingdom
lol

That must've took a long time
Thanks for the advice
I will stop swearing too, because you're cool
I could never make a post that long, which makes me feel bad because this reply is short, especially compared to that! It makes me feel bad because you might think that I didn't read it
But I did! I read it all!
I will keep your advice in mind
Nice to see another lefty
My bassist is actually left-handed too
#8December 22nd, 2007 · 08:50 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
I am a lefty, too.
And I totally would play righty because it's a LOT easier to shop for, you're right Jim, smart move.

Except I can't play righty. I tried, did NOT work out. I switched. Now I'm decent.
Umm not really any guitars I could recommend as I'm really a bass player, my guitar skills are meager to say the least.
However I would definitely say that Jim is right to suggest Epiphone, they make quality guitars for a good price, although obviously not pro models.
#9December 22nd, 2007 · 09:48 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
you should be able to get a good epiphone for around 300.00 US.   What is the problem with the guitar you have?  You did not state the brand of the guitar.. I myself like cheap guitars, you can have quite a bit done to them to make them very playable and if the sounds or electronics aren't up to par that is easily fixed and usually for cheaper that a cheap guitar.   When you get done you could have a great playing, great sounding guitar for fractions of the money of buying an expensive guitar (that lots of guys still go have work done to) .  Unless the neck if totally fried and the frets are popping out of the fingerboard (which still can be fixed) IMHO I would take the guitar you have ,   get a pro set up done on it, then practice (progressive practice) until your fingers are wore out, then practice even more.
#10December 23rd, 2007 · 10:43 AM
8 threads
34 posts
United Kingdom
It is made by Vintage
And it annoys me because it doesn't stay in tune, it used to
But I suppose it's OK
It's better than my friend's Squire Strat
It's just...well I dunno...
The amp I have came with my first guitar which was a Cheetah strat and was quite crap
Maybe if I get an amp with weird effects I'll be like "WOAH! I don't need a new guitar! I can attract stoners!"
And then my band will be succesfull! lol
#11December 23rd, 2007 · 11:42 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Sounds like
You need new strings...  That will help with the tuning problem... and then you need an amp like this:
http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=2350000000

This is a COOL amp...  It has all kinds of effects and has a backing band built right in, so if your drummer is too busy, you can still lay down some cool tunes, and this one hasn't an EMO bone in his chassis

BTW, I don't know anything about scales or anything either, except that I stay away from scales, because I don't want to know how much I weigh.. And as for keys, well, I got keys to my house, and keys to my car.. but as for guitar keys, I don't know.. DOes the keys to my guitar case count?? 

JimK
btw, both of these tracks were recorded using the Gdec:
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3104.html
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3615.html
#12December 23rd, 2007 · 01:28 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
re: Well
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
Mr. Schneider,

Let me first welcome you..  I am Jimk and am a Moderator here...  I am glad to see you are enjoying yourself here, but if you could, please ease up a bit on the language a bit..  This is a site for musicians, and that includes musicians who are underage..  So, we must consider their feelings, as well as the feelings of the parents of said minors..  I think we should be free to express ourselves yes, but within reason.. I mean honestly, there is no real reason one can't express themselves just as easily without the words that shall not be mentioned..  I mean just the mention of the words that shall not be mentioned gives me the willies.. oooohh, chills.. SO, let's not mention the words that shall not be mentioned again.. and just say, welcome and now, onto what your asking without asking, and the information I shall give you, without telling you anything..

You have a guitar, and don't like it, except you do like it, just don't like it as much as you might like something else that you don't know about yet.. so therefore your wanting people to tell you what you'll like, maybe, so that maybe if you get the money, you might buy something that someone thinks you'll like better than what you have...  ok, so go to musicians friend, and buy a decent epiphone, since your a les paul person..  BUt I would buy a Fender Strat, MIM, oh wait, I did, and I like it...  I too am left handed, but play right handed.. it makes it easier to shop... I also have an old Les Paul copy.. Mine is a 70's Hondo II and it plays very well, sounds great too...  I also have an Oscar Schmidt 335 copy.. it plays well, and sounds good...  But I am still a folky at heart, so play my acoustics much more...  but I wont tell you that....  Because that might make you want to go acoustic and everything, and then play more emo style music like this: http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/5206.html  

Then where will you be??  You'll be like your emo loving drummer who doesn't come around anymore because ya'll are emo bashers.. and you make him feel inferior with your non-emo selves.. typical English grungers..  You should be flogged with a wet noodle and sent to a guitar seminar with George Michael...

JimK

that is a great way of moderating which only could be done by a unique person as :

JimK the Noodleking

ofcourse ! ! !

tnx for being a mod with a great style Jim,

and,

one soul saved

#14December 23rd, 2007 · 10:25 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
cool little amp but ... if you save just a little more money  the Vox amp blows the line 6 stuff away.. it has better sounding amp sims and the effects are way cool in it. 

I have line 6 and  I went to a at a local pub and got to play on one of these .. it smokes my line six stuff.
http://www.voxamps.co.uk/valvetronixxl/

it has crystal clear cleans  and also the heaviest type of guitar sound you'd ever want , plus everything in between.
it responds like a tube amp (tight)  If your thinking of getting a pro sounding amp for a real good price this one works great.

Also  man you can get new tuners for your guitar that will hold it in tune, if you check around on ebay you can usually find a top set for real cheap. there is a tons of guitar accessories floating around out there.

plus if using a normal  nut on the neck be sure and lube the nut  grooves with graphite so the string won't hang up
and pinch in the grooves. Pencil lead works good just rub it into the groove of the nut .
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 4:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.