1 2

#1December 13th, 2006 · 09:37 AM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway
Cubase
I want Cubase for Christmas!

Is it any good?

Or... I mean... Do you know something about it that I don't know? 

anything...

#2December 13th, 2006 · 10:52 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
ofcourse, Cubase is good. It has a lot of professional features, you can literally do anything with it.
I also know it's very expensive.
I also know you can get a free full working "try before buy" version off the web, if you're into torrents.
#3December 13th, 2006 · 11:59 AM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway
Where can I get the "try before buy" version?? 
#4December 14th, 2006 · 04:13 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well, I've left you a pm with more information, I hope it helps. just let me know if it works for you or not.
#5December 14th, 2006 · 02:06 PM
1 threads
4 posts
United Kingdom
I think Cubase is good and all, but alot of it is 'too professional'. I think depending on what you want to do, you could easily get away with something cheaper.... Sony Acid Pro I think it is? Cakewalk? Well, to be honest I'm being a Hypocrite 'cos I've never used anything except Cubase.

But my point is there's cheaper, more appropriate stuff, easier to use too. I personally use Cubase 'cos it's industry standard, and I would like to be a professional sound engineer, so I use it because I have to really.

Dunno if I'm allowed to direct link here so:

[edited by moderator]

The best (and pretty much only) try before buys are by H2O
#6December 14th, 2006 · 02:42 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I'm sorry, but no links to obvious pirate sites like that on here please. Especially not with side content like that featured.

Link and public references to pirate sites might get BandAMP in trouble. We don't want that to happen, so I edited it out.

ms. Kine has been provided with a torrent link via pm, and that should do.

Though I agree, the H2O team is the best (and ONLY "try before buy" providing team)

regards,
PX (mod)
#7December 14th, 2006 · 03:55 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
O! you'll have so many Cubases soon you wont know what to do with them! Ha! Ha! Ha!

I still think Cubase5 is not as daunting for a learner, but then I do agree that 'in at the deep end' is really the way to learn, so to know SX early is a big bonus.
#8December 14th, 2006 · 03:57 PM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway
Hehe! 

I'm confused...    

#9December 14th, 2006 · 04:01 PM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway
Seriously. I don't know what to choose, and I'm having trouble with the downloading... Not the actual downloading, but the installing... 

#10December 14th, 2006 · 04:47 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I know that isn't easy. Ive posted new instructions via pm, I guess it can't get any easier than that
#11December 15th, 2006 · 05:03 PM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway
Now I've got Cubase5!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone for the help! 
#12December 15th, 2006 · 07:41 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Kine wrote…
Now I've got Cubase5!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone for the help!  :D

?

you didn't get that from me. I sent you the link to SX3, which is newer, and way improved.

I quote:

The audio editing capabilities of SX are really mouth-watering and, in some respects, surpass those in the current version of Nuendo. Most notably, it's now possible to create and export Recycle (REX) files directly in Cubase, and functions such as creating hit points for producing tempo-independent drum loops are much clearer than in Cubase 5.x.

Although there are still Part and Sample editors in SX, you can now perform sample-accurate editing without leaving the Project window, as with Nuendo. Creating fades and fader-independent level changes is quick and easy: you simply drag different elements (blue triangles for fades, and a blue square for levels) on the desired audio event. Creating a crossfade is a simple matter of selecting where you want it to happen and pressing X. And did I mention that all the keyboard shortcuts are fully customisable?

(...)
On the positive side, Cubase 5.x users will see one last upgrade to Cubase 5.2, and one of the key features of this upgrade will be support for VST System Link. This is actually great news because you won't be required to send your original dongles back to Steinberg when upgrading to the new Cubase SX. So, every Cubase user who upgrades to Cubase SX will be able to make use of VST System Link, providing they have two computers with the appropriate hardware.

from: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/May02/articles/cubasenotes0502.asp

oh well, you know....
#13December 16th, 2006 · 11:31 AM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway
I now got the Cubase SX 3!!!!!!!! thanks PuppetXeno!!     
#14December 18th, 2007 · 01:33 PM
5 posts
United States of America
I need some help.....
Hello Everyone!

Merry christmas and a prosperous new year in advance! I am new here. I need some help getting a "try before by version" of the latest Cubase and Nuendo Softwares. I would be very grateful.

Thank you,
Danewestengr.
#15December 18th, 2007 · 06:00 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: I need some help.....
DANEWESTENGR wrote…
Hello Everyone!

Merry christmas and a prosperous new year in advance! I am new here. I need some help getting a "try before by version" of the latest Cubase and Nuendo Softwares. I would be very grateful.

Thank you,
Danewestengr.

A! someone else who wants Cubase for Christmas, have you had a look here : http://forum.bandamp.com/The_Pit/39036.html ?
And what about a torrent ? http://thepiratebay.org/search/cubase/0/3/300 I would recommend the H2O version, they are known for being very good at what they do !!

O! and welcome to the Amp.
 and if you DO get Cubase are you going to come back and visit us again with some musical masterpieces? 
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:46 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.