181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
sweetness
#17May 11th, 2009 · 07:45 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I would try before you buy if you can, so long as your happy with it.
#18May 11th, 2009 · 01:19 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
yeah thats a good idea. try and go to guitar center or something and see how it works...thats what i did before i bought mine
#19May 11th, 2009 · 02:05 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
oh ok so i just noticed that yeah at that amazon link i gave you, the mxier is $49, and the usb thing is $29 so thats a total of $79.44 with free shipping so you could buy both together or seperately.
#20May 11th, 2009 · 04:52 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
Ok cool.
#21May 11th, 2009 · 05:00 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
save your beans. get used yamaha O1V.. they are getting down in price .. They will absolutely smoke (sound quality) the others, plus you actually save because it comes with great onboard effects like compression, excellent yamaha reverb, delay and chorus.  it has plenty of eq'n and the mixes can be automated. 

Used it's a little more than you stated... but it is worth every penny of the price difference.
#22May 11th, 2009 · 05:04 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
Thanks. I'll take a look around.
#23May 11th, 2009 · 05:12 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
sure the yamaha is pretty good...but for what hes gonna be dealing with...i think the 802 is the way to go...great quality..and behringer makes an excellent product. either way, just get something soon so you can start recording! lol
#24May 11th, 2009 · 05:23 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
yeah. Well it's still gonna be a while. I'm gonna have to do some work to get enough funds. But it should all be purchased within about a month.......or sooner.....or...later.....who knows?
#25May 11th, 2009 · 10:54 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
TheKunadiun wrote…
sure the yamaha is pretty good...but for what hes gonna be dealing with...i think the 802 is the way to go...great quality..and behringer makes an excellent product. either way, just get something soon so you can start recording! lol

Behringer is crap compared to the O1V ..Behringer = noisy and the eq'n sucks. I know I have a Behringer mixer, and the band uses an O1V , and a behringer mixer., No comparison the Behringer sucks compared the the O1V. I have quit using the Behringer for any recordings due to the bad colorization. I wished I had the money to get the Yamaha O2R.. That is really one of the best small priced digital mixers around.. Small priced in the recording world means under 10,000.00  unfortunately.

Ask your audio professionals..  they will tell you the straight scoop on it.  .  All of the things that come inside the O1V.. especially the automated mixing, and way above average quality effects, makes it the ideal mixer to purchase for under $ 500.00 used. I've seen em go on ebay for as low as $275.00 .. Next one I see on there , I  am bidding on.   + the preamps in them are very very clean. .
#26May 12th, 2009 · 01:05 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
the audio guys at guitar center recommended me to the xenyx series on behringer. they have really come up in quality. i get crystal clear recording and the eq rocks.

now i have nothing else to judge this on...so compared to something like the yamaha it may actually suck lol.

keep in mind though (and im not trying to speak for you zach) that he will just pretty much be laying down multiple guitar tracks and stuff...and the xenyx 802 does just that, and for a great price. me on the other hand, i record drums vocals and guitar and all of this other stuff so i might actually look into the yamaha if i ever need to expand or if im looking for a different sound.

all i can say is that i have been quite happy with my xenyx 1204fx...no complaints...it doesnt freeze or fail...theres no noise..(that i can hear...like i said i cant really compare it with a better model like the yamaha one)...
#27May 12th, 2009 · 01:26 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
TheKunadiun wrote…
the audio guys at guitar center recommended me to the xenyx series on behringer. they have really come up in quality. i get crystal clear recording and the eq rocks.

now i have nothing else to judge this on...so compared to something like the yamaha it may actually suck lol.

keep in mind though (and im not trying to speak for you zach) that he will just pretty much be laying down multiple guitar tracks and stuff...and the xenyx 802 does just that, and for a great price. me on the other hand, i record drums vocals and guitar and all of this other stuff so i might actually look into the yamaha if i ever need to expand or if im looking for a different sound.

all i can say is that i have been quite happy with my xenyx 1204fx...no complaints...it doesnt freeze or fail...theres no noise..(that i can hear...like i said i cant really compare it with a better model like the yamaha one)...

no no no.. audio professionals not the dudes at guitar center , lol.  They only sell the newer version of the O1V and that suckers is pretty expensive now. Also the markup on Behringer gear is pretty good  so they make a decent profit on it, that gives them a better pay check because they work on commission. If they sell you a new behringer mixer they make money.. they tell you to go buy a used piece of gear... eh no money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/YAMAHA-01V-DIGITAL-MIXER-MY8-TD-tascamn-OPTION-CARD_W0QQitemZ140319568695QQihZ004QQcategoryZ23785QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.kellyindustries.com/mixers/yamaha_01v.html
#28May 12th, 2009 · 02:15 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
ohhh right ok. i didnt buy the mixer at the store though. i went to guitar center to see what they had to say about it and to try it out.
#29May 12th, 2009 · 02:49 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
Yeah. I'd pretty much be doing only guitar(ummm....Duh...). And one thing i DONT like about the yamaha is that it has like 10 inputs.....and....because of that its more expensive and i won't be using that many so its like...whats the point. But anyways if there were a smaller version of the O1V.....I would consider it, but for now im most likely going to go with a decent (and by that i mean probably not good) Behringer. But if there were another one like it with supposedly better EQ and even better sound quality for just a little bit more i would highly consider it.
#30May 12th, 2009 · 01:18 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
If you don't need very many channels. and I take it you're gonna do recordings with it? Then why do you even need mixer ? 

The idea behind more channels.. you can use to to run a whole band into .with seperate mixes.  you can send signals back out and back into you recording gear. ah hell never mind   go get the behringer.
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 11:51 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.