1 2 3 4
#46June 3rd, 2009 · 11:00 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
yeah yeah...i saw ummmm rush at R30....and i think if i remember right he used like........4 amp heads and like 6 or 7 cabinets.....and no micing.....that must've been pretty loud in person. and it still sounded good....and man...did it look cool lol. H&K's too TG!
#47June 8th, 2009 · 03:03 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
yeah but if he didn't have mic's . I would bet money on it that he was running into some kind of speaker sampling direct box... The real nice H&K's have direct outs that get sent to the PA and Monitors.. H&K was known for their red box speaker sim.
#48July 15th, 2009 · 08:38 AM
15 threads / 5 songs
76 posts
Australia
changing the subject ever so slightly however sticking to the main topic. I am looking at buying some new equipment since joining a post-hardcore screamo band a few months ago. I bet you guys are like hardcore! Screamo! What a freaaakk! But whatever I have a pretty broad music taste and its a fun band with mad guys and heaps fun.

Anyway I've been shopping around testing out amps and I'm a bit unsure of what i'm doing to be honest hahahaha bit of a noob I know. At the moment I use a line 6 spider something that gets some alright sounds for the genre I'm in but its too small and sounds like farts when I turn up loud and pretty much just gets drowned out. I don't mind the line 6 I think its good for the value and they're pretty versatile but I have some money so I wanna spend it!

I tested out some big marshall stacks a triple super lead or something i think the head was called? It was pretty sweet but it was definitely too rocky and not heavy enough for what I want and I don't wanna have to spend heaps on pedals either. I tested out some shitty fender which didn't impress me, I tried another line 6 which was way too similar to what I already have but alas I tried this 75W (if i remember correctly that is) 2x12inch mesa combo amp. It was easily as loud and had a mad sound! It seemed really good though and probably more what im looking for in tone and a nice clean sound too.

I was thinking of getting a cabinet and stuff cos they look cool and heaps of power but I really don't think I need it and they're really expensive. So I'm thinking if I spend some good money on this mesa it will do the job and i might have some money to spend on a new guitar (Y)

I can't remember the model type of this mesa amp but if anyone has any feedback that would be awesome
#49July 16th, 2009 · 01:23 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
get a mesa boogie dual rectifier. that amp gets mean distortion

line 6 amps suck when you turn em up loud.
#50July 18th, 2009 · 05:13 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Mesa at least a duel probably a triple rectifier amp would be better or ... just spend the beans and get a Hughes and Kettner Switchblade with effects built in.. or  really hit the hardcore with  a KRANK  amp.
#51October 5th, 2009 · 01:22 AM
15 threads / 5 songs
76 posts
Australia
Ended up buying an ENGL Screamer head and cab. Pretty awesome little thing. Perfect for my sound plus really good for alternative rock.
1 2 3 4
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 10:17 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.