1 2 3 4

#16May 8th, 2009 · 01:54 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
lol, man your amp stuff is totally dramatic. youve had problems with everything.

get a mesa boogie or a marshall defintely when you get enough money.
#17May 8th, 2009 · 03:38 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
lol yeah...unfortunate....i do like my tube though..sounds great.....just wish it didnt have so much problems
#18May 11th, 2009 · 05:24 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Don't be surprised if you still have troubles even after you buy the Marshall or Boogie..

Personally for me I don't like the sound of the new boogies.  The last one they made that I liked the tone on was the tolex covered Mark IVs   ..I'm not really into that Nickel Back , tone thing.   The new 4 channel all tube Marshalls sound pretty good though. ( we had one cranked way up at the store the other day and I had a blast). 

I would still put my Randall up against it though.  For some reason it gives out the prefect amount of gain with out being overly distorted.  All the notes just jump out at you.

If I was gonna go spend the big $$$$$ on a hi wattage tube amp .. I do believe I would have to get the Hughes & Kettner amps..  I fell in love with this little combo amp, used it again at Sunday's gig (hosting an open jam on Sundays). This thing sounds great ,  players of all levels in there jamming with us, nothing but compliments on the tone.. again they couldn't believe it was SS. 

I do have my eye on the little wattage Budda boutique amp though, they sound very nice.

Reality though  , We are doing a big show Saturday , Playing on a big stage with DSS  running a JBL Vertech line array set up.. I am gonna dust off the big guns and bring down all the Marshall 4/12 boxes and stereo tube amp set up.  Ted is going to bring his SVT heads and 8/10 bass cabs .. He know the sound engineer . Their guy knows how to run it with the loud stuff on stage.. I am looking forwards to this weekend , it's been a bit since I CRANKED it up and just rocked out.
#19May 11th, 2009 · 05:35 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
Nice. Yeah, no matter what amp you get, it could always have problems. Personally i like hi-gain stuff. I love the dual and triple rectifiers. I also like the new JCM 2000 Dual Lead. I like the H&K Switchblade too. Either way i still love all types of amps and brands, Just feel like my SS side is being neglected lol.
#20May 11th, 2009 · 05:36 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
(by SS you mean solid-state right?) psshhh neglect solid state as much as possible lol
#21May 11th, 2009 · 05:40 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
That was the freaking fastest response ever lol. By neglected i mean, i miss the hi-gain of solid state stuff.
#22May 11th, 2009 · 08:19 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
lol i replied like one second after you posted....but yeah hi-gain solid state produces LOTS of hiss and buzz and crackling
#23May 11th, 2009 · 11:00 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
TheKunadiun wrote…
lol i replied like one second after you posted....but yeah hi-gain solid state produces LOTS of hiss and buzz and crackling

Sorry not trying to flame here but that statement is not true. My Hughes and Kettner.= no noise .. one of the quietest amps with some of the best clean and distorted tones around for a small combo.
#24May 12th, 2009 · 01:09 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
oh no trouble...i like these kind of debates.. you can figure out what other people like and everything.

in my experience with a crappy almost hi-gain line 6...i wasnt very amused. in my view of solid-state..im thinking of the Line 6 solid-state. some of their stuff is good, but their modeling pretty much sucks, and when you turn up the volume it just sounds fake. sounds great and quiet volumes though.
#25May 12th, 2009 · 01:17 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
TheKunadiun wrote…
oh no trouble...i like these kind of debates.. you can figure out what other people like and everything.

in my experience with a crappy almost hi-gain line 6...i wasnt very amused. in my view of solid-state..im thinking of the Line 6 solid-state. some of their stuff is good, but their modeling pretty much sucks, and when you turn up the volume it just sounds fake. sounds great and quiet volumes though.

your judgment is just off of that one amp ?  I know two guitar players here in KC that use the flextone III's  and get great tones , both playing in good bands around here.  The other guitar player in one of the bands  (I'll plug them here "No Big Deal" )  that one plays on the line 6 vetta combo.  I have seen this band several times and they always sound good... 

The spider is there worst amp(line6) they ever made imo. 

The thing about line 6 is it seems like the presets suck.  You really have to tweak your tones out of them according to the guitars you use, and your playing style/technique..  But I will agree with you , the spiders tone is not very good imo.  Go try the flextone III's they sound very good..

Durability? Andy from No Big Deal used a Flextone amp with they first came out, gigged on it for almost 10 yrs. it still works today, he just like the tones of the vetta amp better. ..
#26May 12th, 2009 · 11:48 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
Quite honestly...if my amp were to break again.....no doubt i would sell my multi effect pedal and go for a spider valve. only thing that killed me about my spider 3 in the past was that it didnt have tube like clarity...and ...well.....getting a tube spider would pretty much solve that. lol. (Not saying i hope my amp breaks). I like the vetta more than the flextone but at the same time the vetta is way too expensive. and to me....the spider valve is the inbetweeny model of both....except.....its an actual tube amp.
#27May 18th, 2009 · 12:21 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
lol your amp just broke again
#28May 20th, 2009 · 06:16 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I was lazy at Saturday's gig.. used the Pod x3 live pedal sim thing..  Sounded freakin great out front.  2,500 people in the place.. It was jumping!!!
#29May 20th, 2009 · 07:36 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
sweet man! sounds cool. maannn when you have got over 2,000 people somewhere...THATS a gig
#30May 20th, 2009 · 11:53 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Heya all,
 I was out today shopping for a  stereo power guitar amp head. I tried the newest Line6... it had just an ok sound...... but what scared me was because I am more interested in recording then gigging nowadays, One small push or bump of one of those little push buttons and BANG, you're sending 200 watts without notice lol
  I like manual and none of this database save your preset stuff.... another thing about the line 6 was when you go to turn on any of the effect knobs, they don't come in gently  and gracefully render more of the effect.... again it was like Wham.... you want chorus..... well you got it and WAY too much I must say..... actually sounded like Sh*t.   I am personally just looking for a light weight , very quiet (STEREO) power head. I just need the  volume and quality,,,,, none of these fancy modern computerized database modules... And of course I want to keep price down....... no need for a Marshall, seeing its just for recording.  I looked up on a few sites about the Crate powerblock 150 watt stereo amp, but all the dealers are out of stock (discontinued).... but I'm interested in something along that idea.... * was going to go with a Mixer/Amp combo    the Behringer PMP 2000...... but seriously..... the mixing is nice, but 800 watts to record with  is a lil  redundant, dont you think?  lol

Anyways....... does TGoat or anyone have any ideas what I should be looking for?? I'm pretty sure I explained what and why I want something like this for an amp   *Must be stereo and quiet and pack a punch.
 would appreciate any responses...... thanks all 
Fid *s

oh yea...... of course the more inputs and outputs  i.e xml, rca, etc etc etc the better.... but thats secondary
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:17 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.