1 2 3 4 5 6 7

#16August 11th, 2005 · 09:36 AM
8 threads / 6 songs
29 posts
United Kingdom
When would songs for the CD have to be submitted by? I have a nice sort of 'stairway to heaven'-like song in the offing and it would be cool to get it on the radio    (although judging by my scores so far it isn't likely to get onto the CD - but theres no harm in trying  )

I'm liking the booklet cover btw , maybe some kind of border would be nice as the edges are a bit bland with the white background.
#17August 11th, 2005 · 10:05 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
we're looking to send the cd off by the end of august at the lastest.  we want people to know about this, so we're trying to give them time.

like you said, no harm in trying!

k, here was my thought on the front to fix what you were saying about it being plain:

k, and so here's my thought on the inside, too.  please nobody be offended by what i wrote in there.  i was just makin up crap to make it look full.  i can change the text, obviously!

what's yousa thinkes?
#18August 11th, 2005 · 03:11 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
dude...I LOVE IT!!! just gives ya such a warm feeling...*sniff* ... ... ... ! ... ? ... wow I sound pathetic lol
#19August 12th, 2005 · 07:47 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
well instead of saying "soft rock" it should say Adult Alternative because this one radio station wants the CD but they're giving me shit that it says "soft rock" and the other nit picky stuff from the radio stations.
#20August 12th, 2005 · 11:35 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
alrighty!
i'm not sure, so i guess i should ask..

heylittlelady2005, are you still the one designing it?  i did this stuff, but i don't mean to steal it away as a project, by any means.  if you still wanna do it, and this is just an idea, that's great.  if you've got a version of adobe photoshop CS i can send you the psd file if you want, and you can mess with it.  (i say version CS, but it may work wtih version 7.  6 and lower it'll be weird and i'm not sure it would work)

if you think this is a great template and you don't mind, i can certainly handle it if you want!  it's basically a template psd project file, so it's easily modify-able (i think i just made up a word).

either way, we can add or change whatever the heck we want to.  hey, we could even make a variation for the other genre cds.  that'd be neat!  we could have a different style cover for each one.  it doesn't have to be a major redesign.  it could be, i suppose, but it could just be a simple color scheme change and rearrange the layout, put a different background or border in, yada yada.

anyway, i doubt people other than "heylittlelady2005" are going to read this post, so i'm going to make a new post for the sake of making an announcement that people will see more easily 
#21August 12th, 2005 · 11:43 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
new gendre!
dear EveryoneWhoCares,

we wanna add another gendre to the list for what style cds we wanna send out to the radio stations.  so far, we're trying to collect songs that are under the following categories:

soft rock - we're endowing this particular gendre as "adult alternative" b/c radio wants "adult alternative" rather than "soft rock", but we figured it's the same thing

electronica / techno - i think this is pretty clear.  hey all you people who write electronica music!  send us "okay"s so that we can include your song(s)! *hint hint*

metal - we wanna start a new cd with this heavier style of music.  we know we've got some of you out there, now we just need you to make your attempt to the radio!

blues / jazz - please send us links for mp3s of your blues and jazz because we're interested!!  we're trying to develope some variety on this cd idea!

so that's how it is.

anybody, feel free to email me at NewBeginningsMusic@gmail.com if you want to talk to me more directly

au revoir!
#22August 12th, 2005 · 01:39 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
well I'll see what I can come up with on the programs I do have but I could just send you a photo and could you redo it on your photoshop? Plus we've added a new categorie and a sub-catagorie for the entries, Blues/Jazz and instead of Electronica, it'll be Electronica/Techno. Entries should be in by the 24th of August. Don't worry everyone, we'll be making another CD around the beginning of December and get it sent out for Christmas. Maybe we should all try to make our own original Christmas songs...lol
#23August 12th, 2005 · 03:34 PM
15 threads / 11 songs
147 posts
United States of America
What about Virtuostic pieces? I have s few of those that are very worthy of air play. You know what they are, just let me know, and those covers rock man!
#24August 12th, 2005 · 04:24 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
Well we'd have to hear them first. Is that possible?
#25August 12th, 2005 · 07:13 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
heylittlelady2005 wrote…
Maybe we should all try to make our own original Christmas songs...lol

we'll have to be careful there   we'd have to be doing songs maybe not about CHRISTMAS in the traditional sense, because i've heard some really bad attempts on songs like that

maybe just about the season in general 
#26August 13th, 2005 · 11:45 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
well yeah seasonal is what I meant...Christmas to be exact if you want but yeah we do have to be a little careful about it because usually, they suck lol
#27August 13th, 2005 · 11:47 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
ANOTHER RESPONSE!
Well so far then we've got 3 radio stations that want our stuff plus more that are interested but haven't given me the address yet...but 3 have! so my August 31, we should have at least about 9 that we can send the cd's too!
#28August 13th, 2005 · 07:14 PM
14 threads / 12 songs
76 posts
Indonesia
who'd like to compose my songs? =P
i'm in bro...count me in...=)
#29August 14th, 2005 · 08:38 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
well i've got 3 more songs to include! chill's This Is True Love, rayz's Here I Am and atreideslegend's Glory. I think Glory should be the first on the metal cd. Thanks everyone!
#30August 14th, 2005 · 08:41 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
Tim, I think you should do the booklet because my computer is being a piece of shit and won't let me do anything! I can't use my programs anymore or my printer or anything. I think the design you have is perfect! I just think instead of puting nicu24 we should put their names and then in the middle part go like Age: Location: and then underneath that, the info about them and the song. And is aaronmatthew doing the cd too? he didn't send me any info
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:28 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.