1 2 3 4 5 6 7

#1August 9th, 2005 · 01:00 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Songs for the Radio...
Hello all!  I'm sure this is bringing new users b/c this discussion used to be buried in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pages of the "End of Prizes" thread, located here:

http://forum.bandamp.com/Feedback/2868_page2.html#4259

anyway, so the rundown is that heylittlelady2005 has done some dirty-work for us and found a few radio stations, namely, a rock and an electronica station, that (from what i understand) are willing to take a look at somet stuff that we can send them

the idea here is to try to get some coverage, some exposure for bandamp and also the artists that made the songs we want to send off!

as of right now (Tuesday, August 9th, 2005, 6pm, EST) we're looking for songs that might fit into either of these two categories: rock and electronica  we're making a cd with a few choices that we think would fit alright, and we're going to send it off to the radio stations with a breif booklet that has some basic info on the people who's songs are on the cd.

please feel free to post some new ideas here, or links to other songs that any of you find that you think you could hear coming out of a radio somewhere!

thanks, everyone! hope to hear from you!
#2August 9th, 2005 · 01:59 PM
6 threads / 3 songs
26 posts
United States of America
hey tonightslastsong...i PM'd heylittlelady all of my info ealier today.  what i put in it was just what she had in the earier post from the other thread.  when you actually make the cds to send out, i have a version of my song thats a little more mixed down.  so id prefer it if you could get that version to send over the one on here, since you cant really update songs here.  the link to the other version is...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=281216
#3August 9th, 2005 · 02:03 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Wow, that's really kewl!
#4August 9th, 2005 · 03:41 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
awesome    ( < - - that's me smiling like an idiot  .. oh!  there i am again :P )
#5August 9th, 2005 · 04:06 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
well the info I need basicly is age, sex, location (like USA, NJ), some info about you and about the song. That's really it. I'll put together a little thing on one of my programs and then I'll print it to see if it looks right, then e-mail it to you to print out so you can send it with the cd, okay? Is your song going on the soft rock cd if you finish it in time? If so, that's two and I also PM'd somebody else about their song, Lid, but I dunno if they'll reply. If you guys like any songs and think they should be on the cd then PM the people, because they may not know about this.

Erica
#6August 9th, 2005 · 04:15 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
hmm...
i just posted another song, a demo, like the other on here from me.

i'm not sure which would fit better.  i'm thinking my first one, called "Actually.." yada yada.  (my song titles are too long to type half the time )

so yeah, i'd like to throw mine in there.  i'm not sure that it's exactly "soft rock", but it's something like that.  *smile and nod*

sounds good about the cd booklet.  let's see what happens!
#7August 9th, 2005 · 11:35 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
now we just need to get the folks at MTV to have BARF... Band Amp Request Fridays... and we'll be golden

no but seriously folks, good idea and many commendations on taking the initiative... i'm sure many musicians on here will appreciate the chance to get some expsure.
#8August 10th, 2005 · 08:38 AM
34 posts
United Kingdom
HELLO THERE!!!!!!! ITS ME AGAIN...
woh woh woh. I havn't had a say in this cause my comp sucks ass. Basicly its broke so I cn't burn CD's. Also I can't send pm's...to anybody. Argh. Ok, I'm gonna start a new account under the name Apache just to see if it works. Any objections?
#9August 10th, 2005 · 08:39 AM
34 posts
United Kingdom
I'll talk further with my new account
bysies!!
#10August 10th, 2005 · 08:43 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
yeah BARF's a good name lol Well maybe someone would discover somebody and then we can all say ... WE KNEW 'UM FIRST!!!!!!!!!!     
#11August 11th, 2005 · 05:57 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
anybody have any ideas about what the booklet cover should look like? any ideas would help ... lol
#12August 11th, 2005 · 06:13 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
United States of America
new songs
Hey all, Im a new user on here and saw the post about getting airplay. I have 4 songs on myspace.com/aaronmatthew as well as on http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/aaronmatthewmusic.htm
 Can someone let me know what I need to do to get on this cd. Thanks!
#13August 11th, 2005 · 07:15 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
well, you've caught us at a good time, because we're only just now trying to put it together.

as i described above, we've basically got a "soft rock" cd and an electronia deal.  i'm sure we'll find some more as time goes on, but we're just starting this!  hehe.

i've listened to some of your songs and i think you'd be a great addition for this thing.  i say, go ahead and pick out at least one or two songs you'd wanna have sent out.  i'll be the one buring the actual cd(s), so if you just wanna post which ones you want, i can go download them myself.  we're trying to hold off just a little bit and give some more time before we actually try to send this off to the radio so that we can get the word out to a few people here on bandamp!  so there's no immediate rush, but when you do make up your mind, send a PM to heylittlelady2005 (http://heylittlelady2005.bandamp.com/) with your age, gender, name, a little spat about yourself, and a brief little thing about the song(s) you have on the cd.  for instance, i just wrote about how my old band broke up and now i'm pursuing an accoustic thing, and then i included a little snippet of where my idea / theme for the song came from.

basically, it's just something that makes it more personalized i think.  we're trying to decide what this little booklet should look like that we wanna send in with the cd(s).  this info would be on that booklet.

anyway, i've rambled on long enough!  so... the short version of what you should do:

pick a song or two (or something) that you would want to go out on this "soft rock" volume
send me the links or at least the titles so i can download them off of your myspace or soundclick
PM heylittlelady2005 with that info i wrote about

and we should be taking care of just about anything else that comes to mind!

feel free to maybe post or PM to others about this cd if you come across a song on here that you think would fit great!  we wanna spread the word since not a lot of users make it outside of the "audio review" section of Bandamp!
#14August 11th, 2005 · 07:55 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
another few potential stations
i've been looking up some radio stations around where i live, just so anyone who cares can know.  one that i think will take into the idea as a possibility is a completely freestyle campus radio station.  i actually work in the building they broadcast from that makes it easier!  hehe.

they play all kinds of nonesense, so just about anything has a shot on it.  it just depends on who the dj is and what sort of requests go in to them

i'll certainly be pushing for some more stations!

(i'm thinking about the booklet thing, just so you know, heylittlelady2005   sorry if i seemed to pass it up without giving it a thought!)
#15August 11th, 2005 · 09:05 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
hellow all.  (dang, that's a great way to spell 'hello')

i fool around at work, and i was just playing with the booklet idea.

this is what i conjured up for a cover to it maybe?  it's open to suggestions of course, and i don't wanna be the only guy having a say in it.

what does we think?  (sry, it's a likkle big  )
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:11 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.