1 2 3
#31November 9th, 2007 · 01:35 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Seriously, I have no means of verifying this, but I am quite sure it's a 3 reviews to 1 upload ratio already. Not just the initial upload, but all subsequent uploads too. I am tempted to make a test account and go check this out.

The only thing that needs to be fixed is a system that makes comments to one's own thread not count, and possibly a mandatory rating upon commenting.
#32November 9th, 2007 · 01:43 AM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Hmmm... I guess i never thought of it, Puppet.  Ive always been ahead I suppose as far as reviews are concerned.  I suppose that means that you store up reviews... hmmm.  Yeah it would be cool to have this verified.  If thats the case then we have to reanalyze this whole thing.  There has to be a way to increase reviews without making it an excessive review requirement or holding a gun to their head...  And do general post count? Surely not, but I had to ask....  I agree with the mandatory rating but there has to be something more we can do...
#33November 9th, 2007 · 02:41 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
PX wrote…
Seriously, I have no means of verifying this, but I am quite sure it's a 3 reviews to 1 upload ratio already. Not just the initial upload, but all subsequent uploads too. I am tempted to make a test account and go check this out.
I also thought that it was like that, when I created another account to upload someone else's work, I kept on being confronted with the "You must review 3 songs before uploading your own!"

And I believe that any posts count as 'posts'.??
#34November 9th, 2007 · 02:42 AM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
I thought it might! Another thing to fix....
#35November 9th, 2007 · 06:27 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Why do we even have battle every month? Its totally insane....only 5-6 songs have had the amount of votes that it takes to qualify it takes to qualify...this in my opinoin is a insult to many a great songs and to the artist who have posted some very good songs...Just do away with the  battles....it makes no sense to even have thems  turned out to be a joke and a shame.....

Flyer
#36November 9th, 2007 · 04:42 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Well, there is talk of making "rating" mandatory, Ralph.  But even if that were the case the battle is broken.  I think its important to have it as a part of the amp...  I know at one point is was a big 'spur' for me to keep making new music...  Ive boycotted it since.  But once its up and running the way it should and we make rating mandatory, I think we'll see a resurgence in the importance of battles!
#37November 11th, 2007 · 04:24 AM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Alright at the behest of Marino, i entered my song into the battle...  guess it cant hurt anything.  Hope you guys wont think me too much of a hyprocrit..
#38November 11th, 2007 · 04:27 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
MindsAtPlay wrote…
Alright at the behest of Marino, i entered my song into the battle...  guess it cant hurt anything.  Hope you guys wont think me too much of a hyprocrit..

No worries, it isn't broken though, it's just noone is voting because they lost faith in it because it was, and some like you, still think it is, but SlasherX fixed it month ago, and posted a message confirming it...  but that's ok, because it is all going to be cleaned up and revamped soon anyway...

JimK
#39November 11th, 2007 · 04:29 AM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Well that IS GREAT news!  Now I dont feel so bad about entering my latest tune!!!  Thanks Jim, I must have missed the post about it.  I guess last I heard was that it was going to take some effort to fix it...  Anyway, thanks again!
#40November 11th, 2007 · 10:30 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
hmm cool thread but i do have some questions though..  one of the earlier post mentioned that you should have to do so many reviews within a certain time frame..  I find myself only having just a few minutes a day to check out the site now.. I try to partake in forum discussions .. most of my decent speakers or headphones are not here at this computer.. do you want me to review your songs thru my little crappy computer speakers,.. this is temporary though  soon I will have my stuff back over here..  so I haven't been reviewing..  this will be longer than two weeks  so I guess i would have to go.. also my band goes on the road I am gone for awhile and won't be on the computer at all unless I buy a laptop and wifi .. I would have to go.. cause i didn't review any songs..

people come and go in this kinda stuff.. me included .. I want to review but right now I am not even on the computer but maybe once a week or twice a week and usually to check emails and  i just click in for a minute to check on band amp .. if I can squeze in the time to post to something I will. if I have time to listen I will. 
but there is no way I have time to listen to every song posted everyday  every time.. So I guess I have to go. '

is that the way you want this site to be..  it should be open to everybody and let them choose the level of commitment to this site.. you will always have the few that get plugged in,   and  then some that post a song or post once then you never see them again.  that is the nature of the people and the internet..

if things fall apart band wise for me then I will be back on here reviewing my ass off and posting reviews and i will try to find the time to listen when I can.   but right now  my job is running me from  5:00 am till 6 or 7:pm and then I have the band thing and I am getting married so we have been planning that too.  If  uploads are stored to the amount of reviews I would still have  quite a few songs I could upload ..
1 2 3
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:01 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.