1 2 3

#1November 4th, 2007 · 06:20 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
I know this has been discussed before but..
I would like to strongly suggest required reviewing.  Like atleast 3 reviews per upload.  I know of a few people who are sick and tired of the way things run around here as far as reciprocal reviews and such.  I know there are more than a few people who just drop their songs off and leave like this was a babysitting service or something.  I think this site would be a million times more fun to visit if it wasnt the same 6 or 8 people doing all the reviewing!
#2November 4th, 2007 · 06:54 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
I thought 3 per upload wuz already happening .
May I also suggest in addition.    1 review = 1download .
#3November 4th, 2007 · 08:12 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
3 per the original upload...  I would suggest 3 per every upload.
#4November 4th, 2007 · 09:16 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
mmmm

well, look at me....

I'd have 3 reviews required total, wouldn't I?

And I've been around longer than that.

Three reviews per.....two weeks of membership??
We do have an awful lot of members that joined posted once, and have never been seen again. It would be good to simply clear out a lot of accounts that are just sitting there.

Plus, this whole thing is ABOUT reviewing, not about battles etc. There needs to be a LOT more of it going on. three reviews every week is certainly not too much to ask from a member, especially if they expect to get anything BACK.
#5November 5th, 2007 · 12:47 AM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
I agree! Support your community, people!
#6November 5th, 2007 · 04:56 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes and support your people, community !

3 per upload - 3 per download.   Sounds good to me.
And that the song your downloading must be one of them

bandAmp 'the site' works on the principle that people take part in it, and bandAmp in particular is a community so if all your 200 or so visitors per day who traffic in from Google and alike, would not be able to just surf in, download 'all kinds of free music' and then just bugger off again, 'the site' it's self would feel the benefits. Which would translate to the members, in there being more going on, more reviews, more comments and more life in general about the site.
People could then listen all day, to their heats content, like they would to any radio station, but if they want to take the music with them, take in off the site, short of recording each track locally themselves, they should be made to contribute to the site.

One comment on the song that you're downloaded, one comment as a 'thank you' and one comment as a 'getting to know you gesture' ! 
#7November 5th, 2007 · 07:34 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Maybe we should type the naughty list and give to Santa Claus !!!!!
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
The I've been busy excuse is a bit dated,you have time to post,you have time to review in my opinion.Even if its 3 songs a week its a least something.
Honestly shame we have to bring this up again and I'm sure people are going to be "but well what if don't wanna review",or "I'm not in the mood" or "I don't have to this is not Garageband",etc,etc....
Guys look at members review post you would be amazed at the amount of post(laking )for the amount of years in here...Like really!!!!!!!!Specially those who drop and run(LOL)!!!!
Marino
#8November 5th, 2007 · 10:37 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
I guess things haven't changed.......   I would like to add that their should be a minimum amount of characters to be used for the review or it wont allow you to post it...so no...this is good...you rock.....etc etc.Just popped in to be nosey...take care all...hope everyone is doing well.

OH! Very impressed to see Zach up and going
#9November 6th, 2007 · 09:05 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I would love to see everyone reviewing and voting on the songs.  To me, it's one of the reasons I spend time here... I enjoy the variety of music and get a kick out of seeing people improve in their music skills (there have been a number of "regulars" that have made major improvements in writing, recording, and playing) 

That said, people that want to vote will vote... those that don't won't!  It's fine having a view about what we should all do, but I doubt that it will significantly effect the way that people behave on this site.  It's the same with every community; some people take a really active involvement in what's going on, with others just popping in, doing what they want, and then buggering off again!

I feel that to get the best from BandAmp, you have to be a part of it all... comment, review, vote, and post stuff too (ok, I've not put a song up for a while, but that's cos I've been concentrating on covers of other artists).  Clearly other people don't feel the same way!  It's a pity for them as there are some monumentally good bits of music here, as well as artists who just need a little encouragement to produce some fabulous material... for those that just post their own stuff, and don't bother listening, reviewing (and yes voting) then it's them that's missing out!

Have I said enough?  I've said too much
#10November 6th, 2007 · 09:29 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Ha ha aha, make it very difficult! Atleast 3 reviews of more than 50 characters per upload IN THE SAME SESSION. So if you log out and come back later to upload your song, you have to review 3 more songs again

listen, don't really worry about it .... some people are just that way and you can't stop them... you will get 50-character b/s reviews or people staying away from the amp at all if the thresh is too high. Leave it as it is... faik you have to do 3 reviews per song, not just 3 reviews for the initial song... but 3 more per new upload? I really did think it was like this... anyway that would grant me um... well, 711 songs to upload. I did make slightly over 600 over the years, but not 711... Greeattt..
#11November 6th, 2007 · 12:30 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Garageband requires that you do 15 PAIRS of reviews before you can upload and they have thousands of members!  Im not saying that we should go that extreme but putting in a 3 review per upload rule would definately weed out the bammers and make a definate improvement to the site.  Unfortunately, It seems all ideas around here die just like this.  We discuss everything and nothing gets done?  Why dont we implement some way to vote for new ideas so that we know how Ampers stand.  I mean, if the site is supposed to belong to the members now, isnt it important to know how the members feel and act on that?
#12November 6th, 2007 · 12:57 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
alright, jimk should be handing out access to someone who can program stuff in, atleast I understood that was the deal now... first thing to add is a poll system for new ideas, and, for instance, let the polls be open for 1 month, if gathered enough favor (66% in favor(?)/atleast 10 votes (?)(just thoughts) ) then the idea has to be implemented? A system somewhat like this seems like the way to go for.. right?
#13November 6th, 2007 · 04:05 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Now we're talking!  JIM!!!!
#14November 6th, 2007 · 04:16 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Thought on this this afternoon and came to the conclusion that maybe 'free' (no paying respect with a comment) downloading of songs is all right as vicious as this may seam to members who work hard to get their music out there, but that's exactly what's happening, your music is getting out there into the wide world.
Into Ipods and MP3 players, If your good people will want to listen, thats the way it's always been.

bandAmp needs a way of getting it's very best music and artists and put them all on the front page for direct access and most impact : "Download free the cream of indie Music.....much more inside"
There could be a really cool tree menu on the left hand column with names of resident artists and a few of their best songs, instead of that boring blue row of old battles (how useless and drab!) 
The members need to make the site work for them.
Set the site up so that it's getting the music out there.....for free, if say someone looking for a 'new idea' to promote were surfing around and stumbled into bandAmp, you're going to want to throw all your best stuff at them immediately are you not? 'within the first 15 seconds' ! Not make them dig through tones of noodles and poodles and various other creations, because thay aint going to, if you ask me.
And their also not going to go through the whole reg process as well as commenting just to download a song.......well they might, but not having to is a bonus !

The problem with these idea threads is that they become discussions, and the initial idea gets lost in the views.
#15November 6th, 2007 · 05:25 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
I like your idea, quote 'Download for free the cream of Indie music..."

But I don't think free is really what we want here. In my mind, BandAMP's purpose is not to get your music listened to. I think it's purpose is to get constructive critisiscm for your music. The point is to point out areas of improvement, to build on each other's ideas, etc. So I think that downloading free music is kind of a bonus.
I don't think that we should give out this bonus to everyone who comes in on the site off Google for five minutes. I think you should have to be a member to download songs. I also think that there should be requirements for being a member i.e actually being an active, constructive part of the community.

I don't think reviews per upload or download are as good as it needs to be. I've uploaded once and downloaded maybe three times. So I'm gonna go with my original idea, three reviews per two weeks of memberships. After two weeks, if you haven't made those mandatory reviews, out you go. That's not too much to ask, especially considering what you get for it. THe more you put in the more you're gonna get out of it.

I hope I'm not restating too much.

You are definitely right, if someone comes along looking for that new sound, they are gonna have to hear it in the first 15 seconds or so.
But they can listen to it all they want streaming, for all we care. If they can't be troubled to invest a few minutes of registering, they probably don't have anything of value to offer anyway. I think that the fact that anyone at all can download any song says about us, "We aren't really serious about this, there's no structure here, and oh yeah, there's no artist protection, either."
It feels insecure, if you ask me.
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 1:32 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.