#1February 7th, 2007 · 10:01 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Featured Blog for February
Ok...  This is a switch... Because of the fact that I'm feeling Cheeky, and because February has less days than most months.. I thought we would skip featured blog this month, and concentrate on Featuring forum posts..

And what better to start with than a post of sbstance and meaning: AlittlePaperDoll's Lyrics definitely ring loud and clear... I started a huge post about it, it's below this one...

JimK

who I'm listening to: Puppetxeno
#2February 7th, 2007 · 10:15 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I have no tolerance and much disdain for child abusers... And shild abuse is so diverse, it is hard sometimes for even the abuser to realize they are being abusive... words can hit harder than hands.... At the same time, I do believe we have a lack of discipline problem world wide...  Children should be beaten on a regular basis... spare the rod, spoil the child..     Seriously though, I think if we keep a tighter reign on our children, abuse from other "friends" and "family" will be less likely, and if we keep a more conservative houshold, there will be less family breakups, and more respectful children.... I'm not saying it will be perfect... Not shangrila by a long shot... But it will be more stable, less violent... and happier.....  I can only say that teenage pregnancy is at a record high world wide... That is staggering enough... Add to that the violent language and attitude of youth today, and that is a very dangerous situation....  These children aren't ready to raise children... and they are violent and disrespectful.. What kind of life are they going to give their children? Are they going to be abusive? Physically? emotionally? sexually? The odds are greater that a teenage parent will end up being abusive than a single mother past the age of 19..  in 2000 a young mother put her child in the microwave...  Her attorneys claim she thought he was a bottle of milk....  Not sure how you can mistake a baby for a bottle...
#3February 8th, 2007 · 06:51 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Youth
Yes. I wholly agree there. I would fit in the category 'youth' but would not fit in with all this disrespect and abuse. My parents were solid in the way they raised me. Stern, but not abusive, and I'm better for it. In the school yard I see so many kids being disrespectful thinking it's 'cool'. Just yesterday some Yr 8 punk vandalized the toilets, I mean, what's the point of wrecking something that's there for your convenience? Also, I see on TV about gangs stalking the streets at night, binge drinking etc. what's the point, what's the accomplishment. But I feel good when I see the few people like me, who still maintain their respect for the general community, and still be out there having the time of our lives.
It's all about the parenting.

There are standards and boundaries.
Also, the talk of banning the right for parents to hit their kids is wrong, I'm not saying you should beat up kids, it's just something the parents, who should be responsible enough to raise their kids on their terms, to ensure a healthy lifestyle.
#4February 8th, 2007 · 11:17 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Well lets do something about it!
We all have enough talent a creativity to do something that will speak for us loud and clear.We can have a musical collaboration CD or song that speaks about the issue.Make it available for kids and adults for free in music stores or bookstore or whatever.When they open up the inner cover of the CD the would find list of contacts all around the world that address child abuse, maybe the lyrics of the songs and an explanation of what child abuse looks like(If they don't already know)..It seems to me that lots of us spend time coming up with this great material and its never put into use for other than ourselves.Think about it, it would be mass collaboration and not only a musical level. Done the right way It could have a huge Impact.Well I'm available if anybody wants to do something.
#5February 9th, 2007 · 04:24 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I agree wholly!

This subject matter deserves attention, if we can all join hands on this we might get something like what Marino says going. I'm definately for it - not just in getting alittlepaperdoll's lyrics to music, but also creating other material in the same spirit.

Please all that are interested - respond! Thank you!
#6February 9th, 2007 · 04:50 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
I'll show interest in a minor part of it. I can offer up some FL stuff, I'd love to try to fit something like that into the song after it has it's ground basis. Don't know what exactly, just see how it pans out.

I think maybe find out what pap's looking for and post a new thread to get the ball rolling. Maybe this could be done in a similar style to the "Sudden Sunset series" with all the ideas being pitched on here, then passing around the separate tracks until we have a mix fit for a king.

Any more ideas?
I'd love to see bandamp come together for something like this. Pap, you are an ambassador for the children, and for that, I salute you.

WB
#7February 9th, 2007 · 04:59 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Absolutely stand behind this 100%, though unless we have an out-let for such productions first then the only publicity it will get is a few listens and comment at bandAmp as it then trickles slowly down the song review page into obscurity!
The lyrics are up, some kind of basic tune would be good to hear from somewhere!
#8February 10th, 2007 · 01:07 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
count me in too
I'm willing to put time and effort to this. I'll do my part.  I can get cd's  in stands at  local stores and can get songs played on several midwest radio stations.  plus a review and article in a couple of midwest "scene" magazines. If you need me to do anything to help in the writing or playing of some songs let me know.

ps.  I might be able to get some video played on a local cable station
#9February 10th, 2007 · 03:14 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I still have few contacts with a rock radio station network in France I can try to get some airplay for it
#10February 11th, 2007 · 03:53 PM
9 threads / 7 songs
30 posts
China
OK so it has a few outlets, So now bandAmp gets together and makes the usual collaboration and what? It might get some real time air-play because of the 'good message'? Or can bandAmp actually take it's time and talent and produce something 'completely mind blowing'?
Is that whats happening now? A time of gestation  Hm?

Confucius say : Man who go to bed with itch bum, wake up in morning with smelly finger!
Aesop say : You got to itch it to know where it is!
Freud say : Keep on itching it and you might get somewhere!

Just trying to help!   
#11February 15th, 2007 · 06:51 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
wow all of this cuz of a couple of words? lol., i really am thankfull for all your attintion to this subject it means alot you guys
#12February 16th, 2007 · 06:54 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I thought the itchy bum one was an old romanian saying!
#13February 16th, 2007 · 10:17 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:06 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.