1 2 3

#16July 20th, 2012 · 06:13 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
tnx for listening and commenting again guys, much appreciated and needed :p
Indeed i redid the rhythm guitar, with some new flaws in it, but I actually rehearsed and improved a bit I think
First get that backing track tight as possible, then ill redo the guitars
The bass still isnt as good as it should be, if I solo it its got no rhythm, sigh
Made the drums tighter, more basic, tell me if its (getting) workable Denis?
I just love that off beat disco hihat
Maybe the basedrum isn't consequent enough yet?

http://soundcloud.com/maxdb/oye-como-va-5
#17July 20th, 2012 · 10:13 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Excellent Gt Tones and performance...Some discrepancy to what a Latin beat should sound like as oppose to the selection made for the selected beats patterns.Anyhow kudos for effort and creativity....it does somehow other than rather busy work out!!!
#18July 21st, 2012 · 04:45 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Listened to all the versions. N° 5 coming closer now to what it could (should) be, I guess. Gittones are really fine (Rhythm and melody).
I like your idea of creating a DJ-mix of it.
But there is / was a problem of dicrepancy -as Marino said-, or (I´d say) incoherence of the beat and the rhytm- and melodic guitar. For some reason they didn´t match each other, seem to be isolated. It still doesn´t flow the way you´ve prolly intended.
I know how difficult it is bringing diffferent, oppositional styles and genres togethter. Needs lots of experimenting, "try-and-errors", failures. But one can learn so much about "song-structuring" .
So, keep up working on it and improving step by step, Max.

U.L.I.
#19July 21st, 2012 · 01:51 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I have commented on the Soundcloud page ... but this you know.
I do like the latest version ... just listened to this again and you have changed what I found to be the 'basic midi hits' .... toeters en bellen have become rim shots and cymbals
#20July 21st, 2012 · 02:35 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Marino wrote…
Excellent Gt Tones and performance...Some discrepancy to what a Latin beat should sound like as oppose to the selection made for the selected beats patterns.Anyhow kudos for effort and creativity....it does somehow other than rather busy work out!!!
ULI wrote…
Listened to all the versions. N° 5 coming closer now to what it could (should) be, I guess. Gittones are really fine (Rhythm and melody).
I like your idea of creating a DJ-mix of it.
But there is / was a problem of dicrepancy -as Marino said-, or (I´d say) incoherence of the beat and the rhytm- and melodic guitar. For some reason they didn´t match each other, seem to be isolated. It still doesn´t flow the way you´ve prolly intended.
I know how difficult it is bringing diffferent, oppositional styles and genres togethter. Needs lots of experimenting, "try-and-errors", failures. But one can learn so much about "song-structuring" .
So, keep up working on it and improving step by step, Max.

U.L.I.

Tnx for you time pointing out the problem guys, really appreciated!
I just dont now how to solve it, I guess I just dont want(and can't do) a latin beat, replaced the cowbell from the original with the basedrum; felt like dance :p
Think the problem is in the off beat gtr strokes? should they be in the drums and bass too?
Too many things happening in the original, I cant aim that high, how do I get this disco beat working here
Maybe getting all the base drums straight?
I'll just start by redoing the rhythm guitar to a cleaned up beat, it might get better.
#21July 21st, 2012 · 02:45 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
kings wrote…
I have commented on the Soundcloud page ... but this you know.
I do like the latest version ... just listened to this again and you have changed what I found to be the 'basic midi hits' .... toeters en bellen have become rim shots and cymbals
tnx Kings, nice to hear something got better :P
well, it was a complete mess in the first place, lets see where I can take it from here;
I am about to call this song: with a little help from my friends :p
about subject: how about the struggle for some harmony in life as metaphor for my struggle with rhythm?
Maybe that's too moody for the style LOL
tnx for thinking with me anyway, let me know how many measures u need
I better get back on that *%$&@*** rhythm
btw, the dog bark was actually a 'rommelpot' (rumble pot? ) I think and it was made on another computer with different sounds indeed, i made a back-up of the project and copied it to another pc(my old one with tons more sounds, but not the doggie :p )
#22July 21st, 2012 · 05:52 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
spamming my own topic here, I just feel the need to, it's my salvation :p 
OK, metronome like bass drum on every count now, for the time being,
think i got gtr's tighter, a bit shaky at first, but  listen at 3:00 , AC/DC tight
This one is without bass...
http://soundcloud.com/maxdb/oye-como-va-7

and with new bass :
http://soundcloud.com/maxdb/oye-como-va-8
"a song a day keeps the clouds away"
#23July 22nd, 2012 · 01:59 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Jaaa!!
V8 is what I (and prolly you, too) had in mind concerning beat, structure and timing.
Now beat and chords / melody sound much more connected to each other. Now it begins to flow and making sense.
Also a good idea was doubling the melody-git in parts. Makes it fatter.

I have just one suggestion : from 0:40 - 1:38 it becomes a bit empty so that there´s some space to add another instrument (synthpad, piano, organ or a solo-synth.....) .  When you´re going to find something fitting to fill the "emptyness", this piece will be perfect.

OK

U.L.I.
#24July 22nd, 2012 · 05:36 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
ULI wrote…
Jaaa!!
V8 is what I (and prolly you, too) had in mind concerning beat, structure and timing.
Now beat and chords / melody sound much more connected to each other. Now it begins to flow and making sense.
Also a good idea was doubling the melody-git in parts. Makes it fatter.

I have just one suggestion : from 0:40 - 1:38 it becomes a bit empty so that there´s some space to add another instrument (synthpad, piano, organ or a solo-synth.....) .  When you´re going to find something fitting to fill the "emptyness", this piece will be perfect.

OK

U.L.I.
YEEAAHH!
Biggest smile possible on my face now!!!

The emptyness is preserved for maybe some vox(kings), maybe some organ(friend), maybe more solo guitar(me), well see what comes first
ill keep trying to get the rest of the rhythm gtr as tight as possible, then work out a more developed bas drum.
I am happy with the bass gtr now, but would love to hear a version from someone with more bas experience, anyone invited!
and one more time tnx for critiques everyone!
#25July 22nd, 2012 · 06:38 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Waiting for #9 with a really really dirty B3
#26July 22nd, 2012 · 06:34 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
TritonKeyboarder wrote…

So am I, if you feel for it you're more then welcome TK, ( and if so, dont mix it too modest this time )
#27July 22nd, 2012 · 07:24 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
PM sent ... vocal done to #8 ...
I must warn you though it is rather funky .....
#28July 23rd, 2012 · 05:58 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
kings wrote…
PM sent ... vocal done to #8 ...
I must warn you though it is rather funky .....

and a pleasant surprise it is !
i  emailed the last pm, so lets keep the conv there ok

white boy
#29July 24th, 2012 · 05:20 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
MaxdB wrote…
TritonKeyboarder wrote…

So am I, if you feel for it you're more then welcome TK, ( and if so, dont mix it too modest this time )

I am afraid my equipment is not properly set up for recordings these days.
#30July 31st, 2012 · 12:58 AM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
My parents dance to this every weekend at home.  Though we're an Asian family we really enjoy Latin music, it's just so fun to dance to!  Midst the funky percussion and strings you've got a winner here.  I think it was nice to hear something that's very traditional teamed up with your drum work and playing.  Tighten and quantize and it'll be a hit!
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:24 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.