1 2 3

#1July 15th, 2012 · 02:02 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Oye Como What?

This song is not in a battle

just a sunday afternoon having fun with with guitar and cubase after quite a while..
As non ambitous as possible, I added the dance base later in an impulse.., I liked it it with out also..
think the bass guitar could be so much more funkier, OK, the guitar also but I am just a white boy LOL
It needs more work, its just a sketch so far, but what you think?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 15th, 2012 · 03:07 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great to see you pushing the boundaries.
I like the sounds of both guitars. Try a little more staccato on the rhythm.
Drums seem too complex, same on the bass guitar, KIS, then add some percussion.
You could perhaps start off with simple percussion, then bring in drums and bass in the second verse.

Keep at it, It will sound good with some changes 
#3July 16th, 2012 · 11:22 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
yeah, tnx Denis, always the hardest thing for me, to make something structured out of the mess i created :p
If i find the time to clean it up, would anybody do a bassline for me?
because this is so out of my league, guess I dont know what I am doing here
Having doubts on the dance base now, i never liked dance music :p
#4July 16th, 2012 · 03:09 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MaxdB wrote…
yeah, tnx Denis, always the hardest thing for me, to make something structured out of the mess i created :p
If i find the time to clean it up, would anybody do a bassline for me?
because this is so out of my league, guess I dont know what I am doing here
Having doubts on the dance base now, i never liked dance music :p
I'll do the Bass for ya, I would try it one more time, just keep it simple and rhythmical
#5July 16th, 2012 · 05:53 PM
5 threads / 4 songs
14 posts
United States of America
This is pretty cool! My band class did this for our previous concert but it was really just a straight forward cover... So it's nice to hear a little bit of a different twist on it. Haha

The drums in it our really cool too. Gotta love those ghost notes.
#6July 17th, 2012 · 03:37 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Gitsound is very fine. Bass also. But what did you smoke when you chose that beat, Max?  
It doesnīt fit at all to me.
I donīt know where you wanna go with this : do you wanna make a dance / house / disco version of it?
Or a persiflage ?  Or do you wanna come close to the original. However, be consequently.
And take time, donīt hurry. As we say in german : "gut Ding will Weile haben" -Good things need time-
Expecting an overworked version soon -with Denis on bass.
#7July 17th, 2012 · 11:46 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
E-chords
For those who like doing covers hereīs a fantastic site which provides notes, tabs, vids and more for diverse instruments and almost every song.
The site is called E-chords.
I picked up the page with the bassline of "Oye come va" .
For peops who wanna learn different instruments and styles this site is a perfect media.

Max, here we go for bass practicing. ................................dum dum dum dum dum 

http://www.e-chords.com/bass/santana/oye-como-va
#8July 17th, 2012 · 05:11 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
ULI wrote…
Gitsound is very fine. Bass also. But what did you smoke when you chose that beat, Max?  
It doesnīt fit at all to me.
I donīt know where you wanna go with this : do you wanna make a dance / house / disco version of it?
Or a persiflage ?  Or do you wanna come close to the original. However, be consequently.
And take time, donīt hurry. As we say in german : "gut Ding will Weile haben" -Good things need time-
Expecting an overworked version soon -with Denis on bass.

ULI you know what Ive been smoking , and too much I agree :p
I just started this by a YouTube lesson for the rhythm guitar and I never got that right, its not tight yet.
so I wasn't aiming high when I added  drums etc

I wonder if that's why you and Denis think the rhythm is wrong? or is it wrong in any way..?
I used a preset rhythm from EZ drummer from the Latin box and added an additional House base drum later.
well, ill try a more simple rhythm anyway, but i don't have many in the box and I hate to make every beat with a mouse..

The bass i made on my keyboard because on a real bass i just play guitar :p
tnx a lot for the link, I never aimed for the real thing, I don't have a clue how the original bass goes.

I know this style is way too far from my bed, and my level is not like Carlos, so I never can play this whole song as cover, so that's where the dance beat came in, to make a sort of DJ remix.
well , I better get practicing from the start now.

Denis wrote…
I'll do the Bass for ya, I would try it one more time, just keep it simple and rhythmical
tnx a lot Denis, awfully nice of you, does that mean your fully recovered now? that would be great!
well, i better get to work  :P
#9July 18th, 2012 · 11:07 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Some of it is excellent ... the guitar for instance with the 'normal' percussion.
The rest of it in deed very much "What were you smoking ?"  

Lovely guitar sound and a groovy rhythm to it. Work it out properly ... without the basic midi drum hits!
Want a male vocal ?
#10July 18th, 2012 · 02:11 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
kings wrote…
Some of it is excellent ... the guitar for instance with the 'normal' percussion.
The rest of it in deed very much "What were you smoking ?"  

Lovely guitar sound and a groovy rhythm to it. Work it out properly ... without the basic midi drum hits!
Want a male vocal ?

tnx fort comment Kings, could you pls explain what you mean with the basic midi drum hits?
- the percussion elements?
- the bass drum on every count?
- or the complete EZ drummer beat?
they are all midi :p

Do I want a male vocal? o yes I do!
I am thinkin of adding another lick from the song to this, but i have to study some more
Also I should make some extra space for your chant?
#11July 18th, 2012 · 04:58 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
a first impression of the first rework, only drums and percussion changed, still needs...some tweaking

http://soundcloud.com/maxdb/oye-como-va-2
#12July 18th, 2012 · 05:04 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Oye Como What?
MaxdB wrote…
just a sunday afternoon having fun with with guitar and cubase after quite a while..
As non ambitous as possible, I added the dance base later in an impulse.., I liked it it with out also..
think the bass guitar could be so much more funkier, OK, the guitar also but I am just a white boy LOL
It needs more work, its just a sketch so far, but what you think?

1 ..2...5....what....yeah 4 ....hey six is cool

great fun ..........man u enjoyed this
and so did I.......

haha f...f....fish
#13July 19th, 2012 · 02:35 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
coool  Fish 

slight progress made today, needs more, made some room for vox too and added a part:

http://soundcloud.com/maxdb/oye-como-va-4
#14July 19th, 2012 · 03:03 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MaxdB wrote…
coool  Fish 

slight progress made today, needs more, made some room for vox too and added a part:

http://soundcloud.com/maxdb/oye-como-va-4

It's improving, the Bass is much better, Did you you re-do the rhythm guitar, sounds tighter, more rhythmical.
The percussion is too busy, not sure about the drums, I'd experiment, again keep a simple rhythm, just work with the bass and rhythm guitar when finding a beat. Do you have any other kits on EzDrummer, either vintage or Funfkmaster would sound better I think. PM me about getting more kits. Groove monkey patches work with EzDrummer, they have a good range of basic beats, I used it for my recent Blues track 'Blues Shuffle', used one of the Funkmaster kits, they are the most authentic sounding acoustic drum for the whole EzDrummer range.
#15July 19th, 2012 · 05:49 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
Listened to both. The second does sound better, more polished. funky groove and well played... The track maybe has some issues but sounds like you know what they are and what you want to change. Enjoyed this. well done
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 10:42 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.