1 2 3
#31May 7th, 2012 · 02:55 AM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
MaxdB wrote…
this music is really wonderful!
been listening on soundcloud, the vox here distract too much,
it seems a difficult piece to sing to, i couldnt even hum along.., well i aint no singer eather,
some harsh notes in the piano, probably due to your monitor system (non),
U.L.I. said it all
but being a Dutchie maybe you can find some great info here:
http://www.homerecording.be/forum/t10677.htm
oh, and welcome on the Amp!
EDIT;
love the collab with Maaike on youtube too!

Thanks for the kind words, MaxdB! The timing can be quite tricky indeed. I just found out about homerecording.be. But thanks! You guys are most helpfull!
#32July 9th, 2012 · 04:06 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
Nice to stumble on this. There are so many comments that I'm just going to review without reading so apologies if it's already been said. Yep, you're voice needs work... but credit and respect for laying it down with a vox track cos it's something I can't do, and brave if you already know you're not happy with your voice.  I actually envisage a female voice for this to go with the lovely soft tones of the piano. I also think that some of the lyrics don't flow that well or make perfect grammatical sense (not that they really have to, it's better than alot of other songs I've heard). It just seems like it's been translated and might sound better in dutch (I'm assuming cos your flag is netherlands) with a nice husky female voice.

instrumental or not...? Personally, I like the sentiment of the lyrics and as you've taken the time to write them and the music to go with them I think you should try to work on it without just scrapping the lyrics.  The piano playing is top notch btw. lovely listening.
#33July 10th, 2012 · 12:51 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
beautiful piano performance,  Kill the vox,  play the vocal melody either as a lead on the piano, or get a violinist to play the melody... I listened to the other link.. while I liked it, the vocal line still doesn't stand up to the piano musically.  Not her voice,, the vocal lines and melody...I hear a more advanced approach with almost an Aria feel to it.
#34July 24th, 2012 · 04:00 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
The lyrics and music are quite haunting!  I feel like i'm peeking into personal drama and experience.  It's very moving.
1 2 3
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 11:19 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.