1 2 3

#1April 27th, 2012 · 11:43 AM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
Dirty Socks

This song is not in a battle

This is a new song I'm still working on. I can't sing for much, so the vox are quite bad.  I will have a better singer do the vocals soon. I just wanted to know your opinions on the song.

Lyrics:

Lyrics:

Woundefull days and
Bountyfull ways of
The smell your bed ingrained in my bed.
Overly feeling a sence of the ceeling
Boundlessly coulored in dark shades of red

Plentyfull reasons to feel good.
All needs are cought up in the nets.
Carelessly picking our playground.
Greygrounds a left in the back

Endlessly singing the same songs.
Are pictures i'll never forget.
I hope the pictures are double.
All songs are sung in duet

Refrein:
I know she never thinks of what's past
And still her dirty socks are tangeled with my rest
I'm burning, but it's not (to) sad (ly).
All these pictures are still in my head.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 28th, 2012 · 12:25 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hmm, why not make an instrumental of this in the mean time, The music is great, but I have to say your vocals just takes it out of the song.
Or wait until you find a quality vocalist, it deserves it
#3April 28th, 2012 · 01:56 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Agree on the vox but you get a  from me for trying and as you say you want an opinion.
I like the lyrics and the piano is sweeping and emotional ... very nice.
REALLY needs your other singer ... 

You could check out Razor some time, something in common
#4April 28th, 2012 · 04:57 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Dirty Socks
Jupiler wrote…
This is a new song I'm still working on. I can't sing for much, so the vox are quite bad.  I will have a better singer do the vocals soon. I just wanted to know your opinions on the song.

Lyrics:

Lyrics:

Woundefull days and
Bountyfull ways of

Refrein:

beautiful piano ..... is that you???
lyrics nice too
but as you point out your singing leaves a bit to be desired....

does what it says on the tin

sounds like you weld your lyrics to someone elses performance on the piano ..........i may be wrong
but say it as i hear it

the fish
#5April 29th, 2012 · 02:16 AM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
Denis wrote…
Hmm, why not make an instrumental of this in the mean time, The music is great, but I have to say your vocals just takes it out of the song.
Or wait until you find a quality vocalist, it deserves it ;)

I record my vocals to give the singer a sence of direction when she practices the song(s). I wanted your guys (and girls?) opinion about the song. So I'm glad you think the music is great. Thanks for listening!
#6April 29th, 2012 · 02:21 AM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
kings wrote…
Agree on the vox but you get a  from me for trying and as you say you want an opinion.
I like the lyrics and the piano is sweeping and emotional ... very nice.
REALLY needs your other singer ... 

You could check out Razor some time, something in common

Haha, thanks for the star! I hope my singing gives the listener as sence of where I want the song to go. I have a couple of friends who have far better voices than mine. We will record this one soon. I'm glad you liked the song. I upload the song in this "format" to get some feedback. If you guys have some issues with stuff, composionaly, I still have time to change it. Thank!
#7April 29th, 2012 · 02:27 AM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
re: re: Dirty Socks
swordfish wrote…
Jupiler wrote…

Lyrics:

Lyrics:

Woundefull days and
Bountyfull ways of

Refrein:

beautiful piano ..... is that you???
lyrics nice too
but as you point out your singing leaves a bit to be desired....

does what it says on the tin

sounds like you weld your lyrics to someone elses performance on the piano ..........i may be wrong
but say it as i hear it

the fish

Yeah, I wrote and recorded the piano. I wrote the piano part with the melody of the voice already finished. My goal is to give the instrumental part a 'individual personality', so to speak. I'm practicing to get it so that it doesn't sound like the lyrics are welded onto the piano/instrumentals, but in this song I didn't do a very good job on it. I do think that a better singer can give the vocal part more 'meaning'. That way I hope that way the two will fit together better. Thanks for listening and your feedback!
#8April 29th, 2012 · 04:25 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
As you said, you´re no singer.
I think the pianoplay gives concrete direction and hint for a "prospective" singer where it should go.  And it´s played good here. Calming and romantic mood. But it´s mixed / recorded not very loud so I must crank up my amp for a decent listening. I´d suggest to play around with your recording (editing) software to imporove your audio quality. Try out EQs, compressor, effects etc.  You´ll find many tutorials here how to work with all this tools and how to improve one´s recording results.
Go for it.

U.L.I.
#9April 29th, 2012 · 03:25 PM
3 threads
6 posts
Israel
I agree you should make this instrumental
#10April 30th, 2012 · 11:41 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Beautiful piano work...My opinion is that if you even got a great singer,this should be an instrumental piano song!
#11April 30th, 2012 · 01:35 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
16 posts
United States of America
I would love to hear it without the vocals since they are kinda distracting. I understand what you are going for though. The sound is excellent 
#12April 30th, 2012 · 04:22 PM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
ULI wrote…
As you said, you´re no singer.
I think the pianoplay gives concrete direction and hint for a "prospective" singer where it should go.  And it´s played good here. Calming and romantic mood. But it´s mixed / recorded not very loud so I must crank up my amp for a decent listening. I´d suggest to play around with your recording (editing) software to imporove your audio quality. Try out EQs, compressor, effects etc.  You´ll find many tutorials here how to work with all this tools and how to improve one´s recording results.
Go for it.

U.L.I.

Thanks for the review ULI. I'm not sure why it's so soft. If I do a recording I'll make sure it's louder. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to mixing and mastering. I'm trying, but there is so much to learn.. . I'll definitely try out the tuts on this site. Would be great to learn in an interactive way.
#13April 30th, 2012 · 04:24 PM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
Marino wrote…
Beautiful piano work...My opinion is that if you even got a great singer,this should be an instrumental piano song!

Hmmm. I'll keep it in mind. Like I said though I hope a good singer will make the song work much better. I'll upload a version of the song when it's recorded with a better singer. Maybe you guys could tell me whether or not the song works as a song or if I should still keep it an instrumental.
#14April 30th, 2012 · 04:41 PM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
Kool wrote…
I would love to hear it without the vocals since they are kinda distracting. I understand what you are going for though. The sound is excellent  8)

No problem. This is the instrumental part:

http://soundcloud.com/ardeche/dirty-socks-instrumental
#15April 30th, 2012 · 04:51 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Like I said... It does work better as in instrumental no matter how good a singer!!!
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 5:03 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.