#1February 21st, 2010 · 04:59 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
You re Turning Into John

This song is not in a battle

You're Turning Into John Wayne

Quality test.. let me know how you think this compares in recording quality compared to tracks like:

http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/7619.html

and

http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/7841.html

Only effects used were compressor, normalize and a little bit of light noise reduction.

I'll tell you about the microphone after you tell me what you think

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 21st, 2010 · 06:00 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I would like it if the guitar wasn't mono, and there's a slight hiss in the beginning. The quality is good and clearer than your last post. Is this a new microphone?
Nice song btw.
#3February 21st, 2010 · 07:03 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
A full arrangement of this would be great...ala coldplay voicing as in a bit of piano and sweet beat.
The rcording is fine for this purpose but would like to hear the vocal up front more as in presence.
Very nice song peter ..looking forward to the definitve version.
greg
hatz
#4February 21st, 2010 · 07:07 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
VOCS Too far from mike …It’s a nice rant …….. not very tuneful ….
Kinda proclaimmers without the Umph...

Its A thing of getting the lyrics to lock into the guitar pattern .....

you are so close!!!!!

I LIKE A LOT!!!!

Fish
#5February 21st, 2010 · 07:46 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
It's sounds fine.. very crisp high end.. maybe work on mic proximity a little. Good solid guitar playing, cool lyrics.  nice song .
#6February 22nd, 2010 · 07:09 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah there are definitely more dynamics.
Sounds like you have purchased a mic that's more sensitive, so check your room acoustics, that's what I hear, which make it sound light.
Set-up with your head phones and clap your hands, what do you hear?, you'll be surprised, on the amount of sound reflection.
The acoustic guitar might sound OK on it's own, but for the vox, I would suggest that you create your own mike shield, some foam might work, or set-up in the corner of your room and hang some heavy fabric on the wall, that will should deaden the sound, then experiment with mic positions, so that it sounds you have a balanced EQ,.or try recording it from different positions, play it back and pick the best, which I think is the best way if your not 100% relying on your ears, then you can set-up the same way every time, knowing that it will be the optimum.
#7February 23rd, 2010 · 05:53 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I've just come from Swordys Pick up and my volume has not change, I was listening to swordy at what I consider a normal level........
I can barely hear this.....
OK so thats your overall volume, let me just turn it up and listen.....O it's stopped.

I've had to turn it up a lot to hear this.....you sound very distant.

This is a cool song but I'd like to hear it done with the vocals on a track of their own, and sung with more conviction.
#8February 24th, 2010 · 10:41 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Basically this is the microphone that is on my £50 Apple headphones. But it seems to be better quality than my Samson lol.

Thanks for your tips Denis, I'll give them a try!
#9February 24th, 2010 · 05:16 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Petermoncrieff wrote…
Basically this is the microphone that is on my £50 Apple headphones. But it seems to be better quality than my Samson lol.

Thanks for your tips Denis, I'll give them a try!

Thats probably why it sounded Light to me, Your Samson surely is a better mic, however, I would still experiment with the acoutics in your room, that alone will give more BODY to your recordings.

You could also experiment by using both mics at the same time, isntincviely you should get more bottom with the Samson and more highs/dynamics with the Apple.

In fact I use two different mics for recording my acoustic guitar, a AKG 1000s condenser mic and a traditional Shure SM57 dynamic mic, The AKG is bright & Dynamic, the Shure is mellow and warm, put them together and you get the best from all WORLDs...LOL. I also use a TUBE/SOLID state pre-amp, which gives warmth plus natural compression.

KEEP EXPERIMENTING with your gear, that's the key, and just simply listen until you hear something you like best.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:21 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.